Author Topic: Thomas fisher taverna and accommodation  (Read 28417 times)

Offline Hancock

Thomas fisher taverna and accommodation
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Hi everyone

We've just booked with easyjet for next year, arriving in July for 3 lovely weeks. When we were there last year we found a fish taverna on the quiet beach road and the owner was called Thomas, very friendly & lovely family. Does anyone know if he has an email address or his number as would like to look at booking with him for the 3 weeks, we seem to have lost his card.
Have checked out Mathraki and that sound lovely but would prefer the family run taverna and studios with Thomas.

Here's hoping.

Dave and Jane

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Thomas fisher taverna and accommodation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
Hello Dave and Jane.

If you go to the Arillas interactive map and click on Vavilas apartments it should give you the phone number for Thomas.

Barry.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
You can find this by looking in accommodation in the menu. I think I am right that you mean Thomas Bungalows. The contact details are there.

Have to agree - Vavilas (the fish taverna) is wonderful. Jen and me have eaten there several times in every trip we have made to Arillas. Thomas and his family are typical of the lovely people you meet in Arillas.

Hope you have a great time next July. BTW - Jen and me are there from 12th to 26th July. Please come and say hello.

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »
This accommodation can be confusing.
Thomas Bungalows are owned by Thomas Kourkoulos Tel. 0033-26630-51058.
Thomas Vavilas (the Fish Taverna) also has apartments/rooms next door. His contact Tel. number is 0033-26630-51820. I think this is the one you want Dave. I have known this family for several years and agree with Phil, lovely food and lovely people.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:38:03 PM »
Thanks Martin. I always get confused with those two. Maybe we should stay there sometime soon. Both are wonderful choices for position. Can't wait for my next meal at Vavilas....

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:43:25 PM »
Hi Phill!
I love his 'seafood platter' special. Half the Ionian sea on a plate, wonderfully cooked, with all those local veggies...mmmmmm! Roll on May!!!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:58:22 PM »
I'm drooling Martin. Whenever I go to Vavilas I just ask Thomas to feed me whatever he thinks is best. Usually the platter, and never been disappointed. Roll on next summer...

Phil

riggers

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »
Must confess we have never been in vavilas, i think the advertising swordfish frightens me...lol. No seriously i must give it a go.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
riggers mate, if you eat fish you will never get better than Thomas's at Vavilas. He can even beat Roula's Bourdetto at Brouklis... (I might live to regret that comment)

The platter is his choice of the day's catch, cooked by himslef and to die for. But if you're eating in the eveneing, keep your mozzie protection on full strength. Surrounded by greenery, opposite an olive grove, the mozzies are abundant. But it is a most amazing place to sit and chill, such a part of the Arillas experience. And his family are gorgeous.

Whoever started this thread is clearly going to be or already is another Arillas Addict. Hancock - you are not alone...

Phil

riggers

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »
Well yes i just luv fish Phil....now comes the insult, i only ever had fish from a chippy. I would hate them eyes looking at me from the plate, lol.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:22:30 AM »
riggers mate, just tell Thomas you hate eyes...

Seriously, Vavilas is one of Arillas' treasures, It is a mustn't miss. Our local artist Jean Walsh and hubby Senan (justhope I spelled that right) made the new billboard outside, but inside the food is real, home cooked and delicious. Eating there is like being on the verandah of a special friend. Nobody visiting Arillas should miss a meal there. If you want fish and chips you will find out what that really means.

riggers mate - you will love it. But make sure Sue is protected from the mozzies.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »
OK Phil we will give a go, i promise....yum yum....i'm hungry now.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 01:40:10 AM »
riggers, tell Thomas you know the lady with very long hair, and the silly old man she eats with, I think he might remember Phil and Jen. Many do...

Ask for fish and chips, and you will be surprised how lovely it turns out to be. You won't worry about the chips.... 

Enjoy
Phil

riggers

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 01:45:30 AM »
Will do Phil...

Cheers matey.
riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul