Author Topic: Villa Theia  (Read 4647 times)

Offline IanB

Villa Theia
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Finally here is our review - apols Sara - we visited in July 2009 and I have been promising to do this but life has been mad!

Anyway, better late than never.

Wow. That is the first word we utterred when we arrived at Villa Theia, and every day we were there. The Villa is beautiful - inside and out. Firstly, Sara and Gary have furnished this place like it is a home, not just a holiday villa. We genuinely felt like we were staying in someones much loved space.

Everything we needed was provided - everything that wasn't Bob and Penny tried to sort out!

The pool area is amazing. The pool is beautiful and the views - well you have all seen the pictures, but they don't do it justice. We started to structure our days around the sunset so we didn't miss any of them.

A glass of something cold on the balcony whilst the sun sets - pure bliss!

In respect of the local area - we really liked Arillas - although we spent little time there really.

We preferred to be in Afionas, as it felt more "Greek" - so we ended up eating 3 of the 7 nights at the local restaurant (The Night Owl - or could be the Moonlight - I kept getting it wrong when we were there - i've got no chance now have i?!) Suffice to say it was a nice walk (once we learned to be assertive with the local dogs!) and the hosts were lovely with great food and vino.

We also ate lunch a few times up at the Dionysos - with the amazing views. Highly recommended. We also enjoyed two dinners at Mon Amour - this was a little drive from the Villa, but again highly recommended. Lovely hosts and the spit roasted lamb - WOW!

We aren't massive beach fans - but we did spend a little time at San Stefanos beach which (sorry folks) we thought was a nicer beach than Arillas.

All in all we had a great time. Sara is a lovely person, a pleasure to deal with and I genuinely felt she wanted us to have a nice holiday, even checking we got home OK afterwards.

We will be back - might not be in 2010 - but I can't imagine not staying at Villa Theia again.

If anyone is looking for a Villa - look no further, give Sara a call and Bob and Penny will look after you when you get there a treat. Be cheeky and ask bob for some lemons and tomatoes from his garden - they are lush!

Ian and Gemma.

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Villa Theia
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »
Well that was a report worth waiting for Ian.  We have driven past the Villa and the views look stunning, lucky you staying there.  Well done Sara for a fantastic review.

Must try the Night Owl and Mon Amour next year, they have had plenty of good reports. 

All we need now are photos Ian! 

Sharon x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »
What a great report IanB! Each to their own and not everyone loves the same things about the area and that just keeps the universe in the balance :)

As Sharon said; if you do have photos, we would love to see them :)

Life is good ;)

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »
Ian & Gemma............. I'm lost for words!!! I've just read your post & you've filled my heart with pride. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about Villa Theia.
I'm glad that you felt so 'at home' during your stay & when you return again there will be a nice chilled bottle of vino waiting for you both.
Penny & Bob, it would appear, looked after you well - what would I do without this fantastic couple. I think I should warn Bob though, to grow extra tomatoes for next year!!

I knew you would like Arillas & Afionas & I have to agree that the NIGHT OWL is a great place. Very authentic & Linda & Niko who run it are a lovely couple.

I'll get in touch soon.

Sara & Gary.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:58:59 AM »
Thanks for your report, Ian and Gemma.  It made interesting reading, and what lovely praise for Sara and Gary.

Yes, photos would be nice to see if you have any.....

I think reports are always better late than never, hopefully others may think that if I ever get round to doing mine for October!!!

lynn xx

Offline IanB

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
photos are on the way....be patient! ;)

Booking.com