Author Topic: September Weather  (Read 5799 times)

Offline mikee73

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
September Weather
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »
Hi all,

New to the forum and booked to arrive in September 2010.  Could someone give me an idea of the weather at this time and when the sun sets?

Thanks

Offline Mick and Zee

Re: September Weather
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:39:27 PM »
We went to Arillas in Sept 09 for our first visit and we were blessed with fantastic weather right up to our last day, when a storm arrived.
According to the locals and reqular visitors we met last September was one of the hottest for years though and this time of year can be a bit unpredictable changing from hot and dry to amazing storms.
But if i were you i would not worry too much about the weather even if it is wet, i'm sure you will have a great time, its one of the nicest places i have ever been to and if you get sunsets like we got in September and bump into any of the people we did you will love it.
Hopefully we will also be back to join in the fun September 2010 as well.

riggers

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:15:07 AM »
I think the weather can be unpredictable whatever the time of year.We have been in Sept twice and it rained, thunderstorms, but mostly glorious SUNSHINE...We met Phil and Jen in Sept last year and they had to be imprisoned in the coconut bar due to the real heavy rain (i don't think they bovvered to much..lol). All in all you will love it i'm sure.

riggers.

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »
We went for two weeks mid September in 07, and didn't come across a drop of rain.  I think it rained one or two days the week before we went, and then again after we returned, but it  just goes to prove you can get lucky.

Mind you, we have still enjoyed Arillas when it has rained - it often doesn't last too long anyway.........

lynn xx

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 12:51:54 AM »
Hi mikee73. Welcome to our forum madhouse.

We were in Arillas the whole of last September. The first 2 and half weeks were like mid-summer with very hot sunny and glorious weather. Then the fabulous thunderstorms came. They were fantastic. Only short lived, but so spectacular. Sun in between, still only needed T-shirt (I don't do cold and didn't need my fur coat...) It was still really warm when we left. I was sad for those who were there for one week and more than half was full of storms. But even they had some glorious days.

You can't be sure what will happen but it is a good bet you will just have wall-to-wall sunshine. Many forum members go in September. In many ways it was why we chose to go then. We had a ball with so many of them. The reports are in Tell us your Story.

In any case, I am certain you will have a wonderful experience in Arillas. Good luck
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
Yep, I have been now three times in a row in Arillas beginning of September and it has been gorgeous including the odd spectacular thunder storm :)
Life is good ;)

Offline mikee73

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »

Sounds like we are in for a treat, whatever the weather.  Thanks for all your replies !!!

Booking.com