Author Topic: Libra  (Read 8624 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Libra
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:47:21 PM »
I suppose this was going to happen sooner or later ......

Allbury Travel Group, based in Hertfordshire - operating under the brands Libra Holidays, Argo Holidays and JetLife - has ceased trading.

I hope nobody has holidays booked with them and I hope they don't still owe money to Hotels etc in Arillas.

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
Re: Libra
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41:34 PM »
I know, I read that too.  We booked with Libra a few years ago but have gone independent since then - guess that makes us and others like us to blame!

Like the santa hat Terry!

Offline paulndeb

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »
It was due to Libra that myself and hubby first found Arillas and the Horizon hotel.
That was about 3-4 years ago. It turned out that they were slow in paying the
hotel bills then - It seems that it was the start of Arillas becoming
more independent. There is less worry now about booking direct, which
I think is great. So many clients are return vistors which shows the class of the area.
More money goes direct to the owners and they are not at the whim of a tour operator. That only leaves Olympic as independent now and
sadly the giants of Thomson and Thomas Cook as the big boys.
Independent rules.
It is a shame for the staff and the 4000 pre booked for next year.
- so lets hope they get sorted 

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
We were the same as you Paulndeb. We found Arillas via a Libra Holiday at the Horizon. I thought the rep called Catherine, who lived at Dafni, was a fantastic person and did lots to help. Also when the Horizon dropped Libra it prompted us to book independent.

Glad you like the Santa hat Fiona. I nearly had to change it to Old Gold and Black last Tuesday night, in case  Sharonf thought I had changed teams.

Offline jeff and di

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:15:49 AM »
We too were introduced to arillas and the Horizon Hotel by libra,had a great holiday and booked with libra for the next year.Libra had overbooked the horizon and us and another couple were informed with two days notice we were being moved, their words we were being upgraded, JOKE. We ended up at least 1000 metrs from the beach and since this experience have booked independently for the last three years.We did get some compensation eventually after several months and apile full of correspondence.We are sorry if people have lost if libra have ceased trading, but speaking from our own experifnces ir couldnt happen to amore deserving company.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
So agree jeff and di. Some owners in Arillas have had to go to court to get paid by them, having taken the money off their unsuspecting customers. And now it is resolved. But not for the Arillas owners who have lost their money and worked for nothing a whole season.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 09:40:58 AM »
phil
its a shame ,so lets help them by all getting booked for 2010,and remember independant money all goes to the owners not companys who dont care ,,,,,,yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
The first one already done kev. Now I'm plotting visit no 2 which might be for a very long time....

Phil

Offline Anna (anna-studios)

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.arillascars.com
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »

hello

for as in corfu libra is off from 2007 when she dosnt pay any of the money and like you say we work for nothing and still we do as when you exept money from someone you can make plans!

and when never receive your money takes you some years back and you start work more harder.

now they say libra and argo are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really??? when i phone so many times to cyprus and uk in albury to ask for my money

the anwer was one

WE CANT HELP YOU AS WE ARE ALBURY TRAVEL YOU HAVE TO PHONE TO CYPRUS!!

and back again uk -cyprus
cyprus -uk

they close the phone to our face

sorry for big letters but i am so engry it was too much money for us and for the others too

they make me sick and if someone of them read that the only i can say they must emparessed to do that but I DONT THINKS SO
AS THEY DONT HAVE FILLINGS

Any way i wright all those as the memories come to me of all those years to wait for the money

wishing you a merry christmas and happy new year  and you can make your choice for your holidays (you know all and thanks god for that:)

love to all

anna

ps  hοπε to become an understandable text because my English is not so good in wrighting i wright and think in greek:)

Offline Anna (anna-studios)

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.arillascars.com
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »

now they say libra and argo are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really??? when i phone so many times to cyprus and uk in albury to ask for my money

the surprise and the quesion is only for libra
as i read it in news papers

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 11:38:01 PM »
I am really sorry to hear your news Anna. I have had dealings with Libra in the past, as I said in the original post, and I did not find them to be a very honest company.

I also had problems trying to contact them by telephone and it is very frustrating.

It is so unfair to owe money to people like yourselves and other Hotel owners.

After the holidays I will try to get more information for you about Arbury.

Lastly, don't worry about your English, your post was very easy to understand and was 1000 times better than my greek would have been.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »
Anna, it is so disgusting that honest hard working people like yourself are used by such awful companies that do not pay you the money you are owed.

I do hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, and that 2010 will be a much more prosperous year for you.

lynn xx

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 11:31:16 AM »
Anna, I echo what Lynn has said, Libra were the pits!
Have a lovely Christmas

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 12:47:20 PM »
We go to Pefkos, Rhodes every year as one of our two holidays in Greece. Always stay at Apostolis Studios. First introduced to Apostolis by Libra but have always gone independant since the first year.
During our stay in 2007 Apostolos (owner) was telling me how Libra owed him money from 2005 and 2006. Because of this he could not carry out improvements that he had planned. He showed me the claims he had put into Libra. Totalled just over 60K euro. Obviously he kicked Libra into touch for 2008. I think it was towards the end of 2007 that Libra became part of Albury Travel Group but I may be mistaken.
We will be back in Pefkos in May 2010 and being made most welcome by the Trimmis family at Apostolis.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Booking.com