Author Topic: Easyjet Bristol  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
Easyjet Bristol
« on: December 28, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Anyone here who has booked for next summer with Easyjet from Bristol? If you have I suggest you check your booking online to see if times have changed. I booked a while ago for next May and was looking to get more flights in September when I noticed the flight times were different to mine. When I checked my booking I found the flight times had changed from early morning to late afternoon...not ideal, but not the end of the world. However I hadn't been notified and if I hadn't checked I would have gone to the aiport with the e-tickets I printed at the time of booking which would have meant a 10 hour wait. I suppose the rule is to check your bookings shortly before you are due to depart though I thought Easyjet would have let me know. Anyone else have the same problem?

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Easyjet Bristol
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
Thanks for the tip-off Dai. Just checked, and we now have an early evening departure, arriving at 11pm. What a pain - we will miss arriving at lunchtime, and will have the long day at the end of our stay. We are not at all happy. They haven't told us about it either.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
No doubt Thomson will end up doing the same to us. It can be annoying when you book early morning flights and they change. grrrrrrr

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »
Looks like booking Dinner a day later then Phil.
Still we will be waiting for you in the Nut.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
Thanks for the tip off Dai. My brother will be travelling from Bristol next summer so will get him to check his booking. Hopefully EJ will notify you....
Sandy x

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:10:36 AM »
Ej have not notified us either!!!! Thanks Dai. I have looked at all pother flights from other airports around the same dates but they are all dearer by at least £250 - £500 so if i amend the booking do you think we will have to pay the difference? i bet we will. i think i will wait for the official Email and this will give us thinking time. Paul will have to have another day off work!!
Annie xx

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »
We are not at all happy.

We're not happy either Phil. We had planned to arrive in Arillas at about 1.30 pm but now its going to be after midnight. Thats like a days holiday wasted - I'm so cross #%#?&#$#
Like everyone else, I've had no notification either & we fly out on 29th March for Easter.......so thank you Dai for bringing this to our attention, otherwise it would've been a long, long wait at Bristol airport.
Must go now & notify the car rental company about the changes before I forget.

Sara

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
I hope Thomson dont alter it to a later flight for us from LB ,at the mo it stands at 3.45 pm i think we arrived in Arillas around 10pm and Laura made us really welcome with a few bottles of Mythos before bed.
A few years ago it was a 6.30 am flight which was brilliant as we only live 3 miles from the airport so was up at 3.30am in a taxi and up to the airport so we were in San stef for around 1.30pm
I know last year Olympic altered it 3 times luckily it was only an hour either way so didnt affect us too much
                                                    Tony

Offline ColinD

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »
I'm surprised to hear that Easyjet have changed existing booking times without notifying anyone, as they are sheduled flights. Are you sure that the flights now showing aren't additional flights?  I thought only charter flights were liable to change.

Personally, I prefer to travel out later then have the additional time on the last day, but can never get anything other than 0600hrs flights out, which I hate as I then feel half-dead all day.  Then I get an early flight home too, and lose the last day there.  My personal preference is to fly out between 1100hrs and 1530hrs, returning after 1500hrs.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 08:09:51 PM »
Was thinking the same Colin, some days there are two flights from Gatwick as well.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:50 PM »
No, my actual booking now has the new times on it. I've emailed Easyjet for an explanation but haven't recevied a reply yet. However when I opted to get the confirmation email to be resent to myself it arrived with the new times on. As Phil said it means arriving late at night rather than lunchtime, not the end of world but I did think Easyjet would have sent emails out, unless they think it may change again later.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I believe Easyjet only started flying to Corfu from Bristol last year. They only fly out on Mondays & Fridays & there's just one time slot.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
You are correct Sara, one flight on Monday and one flight on Friday. Like I said earlier it was a bit annoying not to have been told of flight changes, but not so annoying as to put us off. I've just booked another couple of weeks in September, but I will check on the timings before we fly.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »
Our flights are only - what? 12 weeks away & no notification received.....yet. I booked our March flights last July. Just looked again at my booking & I'm getting the message 'Disrupted Booking' & I'm entitled to a free transfer to another flight if I want one. I may just see if we can get a return flight home the following week, at no extra cost........it's worth a try!
It's not put us off either. It's so much easy travelling from Bristol than Gatwick.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »
Easyjet have today replied to the email I sent yesterday. They just confirmed the changes and apologised for not having told me, saying an email should have been sent when the flights were changed. From comments on here it doesn't seem as if they have told anyone.

Booking.com