Author Topic: Hello Everyone...  (Read 10947 times)

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Hello Everyone...
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
Hi! 

A new member to the forum and will be staying at The Mathraki Studios for 2 weeks in July, 2010.  I've read somewhere that Mathraki Studios are on a hill - is it steep?

My daughter and I stayed at The Makris Studios earlier this year and had a super week - we both felt relaxed from the moment we arrived.  We would have gone back there but Thomsons were offering an excellent deal for 2 weeks at Mathraki - too good to refuse in fact!

Really looking forward to another holiday in Arillas - first time I've ever returned to the same place.......

Val

Maggie

Re: Hello Everyone...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
Val, the mathraki apts are on the hill up the road toward the petrol station, but not far up. It's nearer the bottom of the hill.
It may be an easier walk up the 'back road' from the beach.It's not hilly, if you need to avoid hills. You will love it there too.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »
Hi Val and welcome to the forum :)

I have never stayed in Mathraki but I am sure many people here have and they can tell you how to cope with the hill :D
Life is good ;)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
Hi Val the Mathraki apartments are on a slight hill but not too steep we stayed there in 2008 and will be staying there this year in August
Mathraki are brilliant apartments and i'm sure you will like them heres a link to my webshots page with plenty of pics of the Mathraki,there is 1 pic of the road upto the mathraki so will give you a good idea of how steep the hill is hope this helps
  Tony
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565900804jjvIgX

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Welcome Val [ & daughter ]

I've never stayed at the Mathraki apartments, but they sound nice & have good reviews - I'm sure you will love them & the hill is'nt too steep.
first time I've ever returned to the same place.......
' I've no doubt that you'll  return again & again ............... Arillas has something special.

Just looked at your lovely photos on webshots.com Tony. Your last year's photos in Alykanas, Zakynthos took me back to 1998. We had our first holiday abroad with the  children there - it looks alot busier now! We too did all the same trips - Blue Caves, The shipwreck & we saw the huge Loggerhead turtles around Laganas. I can't believe thats nearly 12 years ago.

Sara

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 11:54:37 AM »
Hi Sara we went to Alykes 10 years ago and to be honest it hadn't changed that much and to me is very similar to Arillas some of the bars and Tavernas have changed names but apart from that things were much the same
I must admit Arillas does have the edge on Alykes and Corfu town is much nicer than Zante town,all i can say is roll on August lol

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »
Many thanks for the info about the hill and the link to the photos.

Neither of us have a problem with walking but I once went to Mainland Greece and the hill back to the apartment would have tested a mountain climber!  It was so steep that there were hand rails at the side, yet the brochure described it as a "Slight incline!"

Have just realised that tomorrow I will be able to say I'm going on holiday to Arillas this year - how good is that?!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
Hi Val - what a wonderful thought! (being able to say tomorrow that we're going on holiday this year!)  We're there in five months time - yay!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
Hi folks we thought it would have been just the 2 of us in Arillas this year but our daughter & boyfriend booked the Mathraki this morning so looks like 4 of us :-)
She has never been to Greece before but i know she will just love it so it looks like we are gonna get another Arillas convert lol
Happy new year all
                                   Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 03:44:12 AM »
Tony mate, a young couple will love Mathraki. Not too far from anywehre, beach or pool, both available  in bucketloads. It is a fabulous place to stay, even if you are  older.

Sex in the afternoon and a glorious meal wherever you go for dinner (if you get up in time for dinner...) followed by a sunset from heaven.

Memories...

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
Ah yes, Phil - oh to be young again....

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
I much prefer mornings :-)

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
But Janis, your not old !!!!!!!!!!

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
jo
same here im always up at silly-o-clock and have sat on the beach/pier,watching the sun come up .brilllllllll...then up to the bakery for chocolate croissants.....yammas

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
I don't think that's quite what Jo meant Kevin......morning, afternoon.....why not both?
Sandy x

Booking.com