Author Topic: hotel marvel  (Read 55939 times)

Offline HARLIN

hotel marvel
« on: January 02, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »

Plese Please Please  Can anyone tell me why we cannot book the Marvel with Thomas Cook anymore  We have been going for many years and have made lots of friends They are also having trouble it is either booked up all year or has been dropped.

This will not stop us going to Arillas. I can't think of how life would be without our arillas fix every year we would have serious withdrawal symptoms

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: hotel marvel
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 08:34:46 PM »
We heard at the end of last season that Thomas Cook were going to drop some of their properties in Arillas and the Marvel was one of them.
Maybe they will be doing direct bookings for 2010.
Barry.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »
I spoke to Spiros in October and he told me they were not going to be with TC this year. TC were offering so little they said they would rather not be with them.

The tour operators continue to cream off all the money giving the owners little.
not sure what they are doing this year.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
You could try going independently sure we heard that the hotels that Thomas Cook were no longer using could still be booked this way.  Some one will have their number.

Jill
Jill XXX

Maggie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
I think that the hotel Marvel is taking direct bookings now. If you tried phoning them, I'm sure you could book.

Offline SteveL

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
Some friends of ours booked the Marvel in July '09 for their June 2010 holiday.  Before Christmas TC contacted them to say that due to "contractual difficulties" (whatever that means) they could no longer offer them the Marvel and have moved them to the Akti instead.

Steve

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
When we spoke to Spiros in October and he said they were definitely going private this year and also said he would have a web site up and running after Christmas.  So a search on google ETC. should bring them up and you can then book direct.
Regards
JohnJ
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Debbie & Lee

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:16:07 PM »
Hi there

We've had a text from Kostas to confirm that he is taking direct bookings this season.  The telephone number for the Marvel appears on this website.

He also tells us that we should look out for their new website, which should be up and running next week.

We missed our holiday last year and are desperate to go back - our problem now will be that booking independently will be more expensive than a package holiday.

Good luck with your booking!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »
I spoke to Spiros in October and he told me they were not going to be with TC this year. TC were offering so little they said they would rather not be with them.

The tour operators continue to cream off all the money giving the owners little.
not sure what they are doing this year.
We stayed there last year twice a total a month and never again,  since their chef left the family did their own cooking this was a big mistake. The table next to us found black hairs in their food , we never ate there again nor did anyone else the place was empty most nights. Spiros and his brother wont speak to you if you eat elseware,the Thomas cook rep: [Amanda] said that they had a lot of complaints of them being rude to guests and the quality of the food and this why Thomas Cook were takeing the off their list. We were very surprised to find their standards had dropped so badly as we had eaten threre many times before in the last seven years of going to Arillas and found the food very good,and Spiros and Costas very friendly before. from now on we are going independant we found that we can stay a month for the same price as the tour operaters charge for two weeks but I dont think that you could save money staying for two weeks but it would be more satisfying to help the local economy. Chris and San...
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline Debbie & Lee

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »
I'm really shocked by your post.

We haven't been since 2008, but that was our fourth consecutive visit to the Marvel and it was as good as ever.

We regularly eat elsewhere, but we do spend at the bar and enjoyed several lunches and evening meals at the Marvel during each holiday!

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
I'm really shocked by your post.

We haven't been since 2008, but that was our fourth consecutive visit to the Marvel and it was as good as ever.

We regularly eat elsewhere, but we do spend at the bar and enjoyed several lunches and evening meals at the Marvel during each holiday!

Hope my post din`t put you off to much ,there was no one more shocked than us to find the change in the brothers atitude we had alway found them very friendly before but we were eating there and spending a lot at the bar. the last time we stayed we did the same as the other guests and sneaked out the side door and went down to Dimetri`s
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline SteveS

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
Sorry im not having it we have spent the last five years at the Marvel & last year was just as fantastic as the first yes they did lose the chef but the food was perfect in fact would say it was better then when the chef was there as for Spiro & costas being rude they had problems with TC not paying them enough but never found them to be rude always been helpfull weather you had your food from them or you eat at another bar

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »
I probably shouldn't, but here goes. I don't have any great affiliation to Marvel - have never stayed, but often sit in the bar for a while. It is too near the Rainbow where most of my close friends go for darts, so I end up there. But we have always been welcomed, and have had several long natters with the owners when it is quiet. John and Dot stayed last year and had a great time.

We all have our views and thoughts, and the majority are positive. But mr_ccurtis and debbie'n'lee are both entitled to their opinions. That's what this forum is about.

Arillas is a village (un)like any other. (Un)like because it has dozens of tavernas, a magnificent beach and a laid back, friendly and inclusive attitude with a tiny population. Wish there was somewhere like it in Somerset....

Like because it has its own politics, issues and goings-on. It wouldn't be real without that. It would be fairyland. Me? I love it as it is, warts and all. Fairyland doesn't appeal to me....

What I am trying to say is that all of the contributors are right in their own way. But you aren't stuck with what doesn't suit. There is so much choice available if you find out about it.

Phil

Offline HARLIN

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »
Sorry im not having it we have spent the last five years at the Marvel & last year was just as fantastic as the first yes they did lose the chef but the food was perfect in fact would say it was better then when the chef was there as for Spiro & costas being rude they had problems with TC not paying them enough but never found them to be rude always been helpfull weather you had your food from them or you eat at another bar

I agree Steve
We have been going to Arillas now for 7  years and stayed at a few of the properties . The Marvel has drawn us back now for the last 3 years  Each year we go the same people are there and we have made many friends.  Spiro and Kosta have a wicked sense of humour you just need to know them to appreciate it. I wish them good luck
with going independent.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »
We had lunch there (albeit only once) in May last year and ended up spending the whole afternoon there with our good friends Joan and John. They have stayed there previously and enjoyed it.
We had a great afternoon and had good hosts also
Everyone has their "favourite" place though and everyone has their own opinion which is what we're all here for - wouldn't do to all be the same, would it?

Janis x

Booking.com