Author Topic: THINKING ABOUT BOOKING ARILLAS  (Read 16117 times)

Offline CLAREY

THINKING ABOUT BOOKING ARILLAS
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
I have been browsing resorts and came across this great site, my hubby and I were in Pefkos last year and loved it. But we always like to try some where different.  After looking at this site I think Arillas could be for us.  We enjoy good food and a maybe a few cocktails or 3!!!  I am in between Makris or Dionyssos I&ii. Is there enough going on at night to have some music and drinks, and what kind of trips are on offer. Any help will be great.

Clare

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: THINKING ABOUT BOOKING ARILLAS
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »
Hi Clare. Welcome to the forum. Many who liked Pefkos loved Arillas.

We enjoy good food and a maybe a few cocktails or 3!!!
You are spoiled for choice in the good food stakes.  You must have read about it on here - it is a major attraction of Arillas.

Is there enough going on at night to have some music and drinks, and what kind of trips are on offer.
There are two main bars - Malibu and Coconut which some think are too loud. Many more, like Jen and me, justlove them. Greek night at Marina. The Rainbow is always a nice place to be in the evening. Kaloudis have good evening entertainment - again some have said "too loud." All in easy walking distance.

Dionyssos I and II are part of the Rainbow complex and in a lovely position, near to everything. Makris is a bit further out, and hence quieter. But in truth not too far from all the facilities and the beach.

Hope this helps
Phil

Offline CLAREY

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:08 PM »
Thanks Phil for the quick reply, iam definitely going to consider Arillas for next year. Clare

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »
Hi Clare

We have stayed in both Dionyssos i & ii several times and have had realy good holidays (we have rebooked again this year). The "Rainbow" complex is run by Jimmy and Spiros and their families. They are two brothers and nothing is too much trouble. If you enjoy a few cocktails they're the boys. The complex is a 5 minute walk from the beach and most of the other restaurants. We have always found the studios/appartments clean and well presented, and the pool area is great. The bar is a centre of fun.
We have not stayed at the Makris but friends of ours have been there for the last 9 years. The Makris is a little bit further out and maybe a bit quieter. We have spent time there around the pool with our friends and found it very pleasent. I believe the accomodation is again clean and tidy. (our friends have never complained).

Paul

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
Book it Clarey if you like Pefkos you will love Arillas as it is similar in size probably slightly smaller plus you have San Stef within walking distance next door heres my webshots link with pics from Arillas and Pefkos amongst other albums
http://community.webshots.com/user/tnew349484

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
Hi Clare,

Having been to both resorts I can say that I definately prefer Arillas although I did enjoy Pefkos I didn't feel that I loved it so much that I had to return.  Also with Arillas you do not have that big hike up a steep hill from the beach which is a bit of a killer.
Get booked up and I am sure you will love it, the Rainbow Complex is a great place to stay.

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
Hi Clare,
I have been to Arillas 5 times during the past 3 years.
The Horizon Hotel is right next to the beach and absolutely wonderful.
Wishing you a lovely holiday.
Connie.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
Hi Clarey, I think wherever you decide to stay in Arillas you will not be disappointed.  We usually stay at the Bardis Sun Studios, (just love our hosts), but we spend quite a lot of time at the Rainbow complex too.  As has been said Jimmy and Spiros are great.
We liked Pefkos too, although we only visited it once and have been to Arillas 4 times in the last 3 years.  That has to say something.

You mention trips, there are various ones to go on, and at least 2 places in Arillas where you can book them.  Coach tours take in Corfu town, the Achillean Palace, Pontikinisi (Mouse Island) Kassiopi, Palaeokastritsa and more.  We also took the ferry in 07 to Albania and visited the Butrint ruins.

Alternatively, you could hire a car of course and visit more places.  We hired a boat last summer and just loved it!
Hope this helps,
lynn xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
Hi Clarey, we have a couple of friends who have travelled to many different places in the world on holiday, and we asked them a few years ago where their favourite place was.  Guess what? It was Arillas!
It took us a couple of years before we visited (2007), the next year was our daughter's wedding, and we went back in 2009. We're going again in 2010 - you'll find that many, many friends on this forum are repeat visitors to Arillas (many more times than us) - it's a great, friendly place with beautiful people and beautiful sunsets
Janis x

Offline CLAREY

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 11:00:01 PM »
Thanks for all your comments, looks like Arillas is a goer for us this year, booking to go middle of August. Will be asking lots of questions.  Cheers again C x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
You're very welcome, Clarey - you'll find all Arillas forum members - just like its people - are all friendly and will help each other in any way they can
Janis

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
 Hi CLAREY hope you have booked by now and are counting the days just like the rest of us here.

For anyone thinking booking Arillas this web site is a wonderful place to explore.
We first visited in 2002 and loved it then, over the next few we years visited many Greek islands and some places on mainland Greece, we even came a couple more times to Corfu,what we didn't realise was we were comparing everywhere with Arillas and nothing came near.
So we came back........ it was like coming home. This year we will spend a minimum of three weeks "at home" with plans to stretch the finances for October if we can manage it. The beach, the walks, the quiet places, the superb tavernas and the welcoming bars draw us here, but most of all it's the people of Arillas who make this place special, it is by far the friendliest place we have ever been to. We always feel that we are not just customers we are friends, we feel safe in the knowledge that we matter to the friends who look after us for for our couple of weeks holiday and welcome us when we return.

Book Arillas you will not be disappointed I promise.

Also check this as well. Just click on the link then......scroll down to page 12
                  http://www.thecorfiotmagazine.com/june08.pdf

Happy Holidays    Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
Hello Clarey,

I can concur whole heartedly what everyone else is saying about Arillas. There are quite a few videos made of Arillas as well that can be found either on this site or in YouTube.

August is a lovely time to go and I am sure you will enjoy everything that the lovely village called Arillas can offer :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 01:52:17 AM »
I suspect Clarey is long since back...this was a 2010 posting. But let's hope she loved it so much she is coming back again this year!
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
Off to Specsavers!!!!!
                                 Val x 8)
The love affair continues.

Booking.com