Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 8817 times)

Offline ouzoandolives

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • nikos and titch
What to do?
« on: January 07, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »
Last year at approx end of august we posted that we couldnt come to arillas but was going to book for this year, but we have a big predicament and dont know "what to do" so any help would be much appreciated.

Last year we couldnt come because my business as a self employed driving instructor wasnt doing well due to the "recession" sadly i have had to give the business up as it was financially crippling us, at the moment im just waiting for a start date to go back on the buses so hopefully will be earning again very soon.

The problem is we are on a tight budget again due to the above and want to go independant but were finding it very expensive or is that because were skint?!
Anyway the cheapest package were finding is between £800-850 and we cant seem to get a flight for under £400 making an independant holiday over £1,000 which makes it to expensive.

So once again we may have to sacrifice our nirvana and go somewhere else unless someone can offer any solutions, any help would be appreciated, because we have to limit our time on the internet we wont be on for a few days so thank you in advance for everyone who contributes.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »
Hi nikosandtitch,

We have to do our best to help you return to Arillas!

I'm sure a few of us will have a look around for you if you let us know which airport you prefer to fly from.

Eileen.

Offline ouzoandolives

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • nikos and titch
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:08:19 AM »
Sorry forgot to say we will be flying out of manchester or any in this area, and we are looking at anytime in september.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 03:13:28 AM »
I forgot to ask....7/10 or 14 nights?

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
Hi, I've done a similar search for September from Manchester and results were:
Independent via Easyjet £275.42 flights for both; Horizon £795 less 10% if booked before 31 Jan.
Thomson Kaloudis £460 each, Mathraki £392 each, Irene £387 each
These are all based on two weeks.
I haven't checked final figures - these were just a few quick  notes I made yesterday

Hope it helps!  (If you find anything better please let me know - we want to come back in September or October as well!)

Janis x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
Hi How many are there of you ? Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
Just looked via Travelsupermarket.com and came up with Christos Apartments £324.88 each and Akti hotel £417 each B & B
Got to get on with some work now to earn some pennies to try and get back in September!
Janis x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
The absolute cheapest I could come up with is...

Easyjet.  Manchester-Corfu 11 nights depart Monday 13th-Fri 24th September.  Total £235.56 for two passengers - cabin bags only.  For two hold bags add £36.

Bardis Sun.. http://www.bardissun.com/  According to their website a studio for two is the incredible sum of 150€ per week...which equates to 235€-£211 for 11 nights.

Taxi.  We pay 45€ for a taxi each way.  Lets round that up to 50€ in case there is a price increase for 2010. €100-£90

Flights -  £235.56
Accom - £211
Taxi -      £90
Total - £536.56

£268.28 each is not bad at all for 11 nights!

You will find reviews for the Bardis Sun Studios elsewhere on the forum.

Eileen.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Hi Nicosandtitch!
Some good advice from all! I have sent you a P.M. with some other contact details for The Bardis Sun Hotel,(no relation to The B.S.Studios) which may be helpful!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »
Well done Eileen and Martin. As soon as we read it, Jen and me said "EasyJet and Bardis..." but you beat me to it with the research.

If I were free on those dates (I might yet be) I would book now.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
I'd love to book for September but will have to wait (hope the prices don't go up..)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »
I think Eileen should branch out into the travel business ! she always comes up trumps:-)
I'm sure she would be a millionaire within 10 years lol

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
If anyone deserves to be, our Eileen does Tony. She's a million dollars without money. Along with hubby Keith she emodies what we see and love about Arillas.

Cheers luvver - the Somerset nutcake strikes agin... (no spelling mistake)

Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 08:27:15 AM »
She's a million dollars

The costing that Eileen did is typical of our lovely Scottish lass. The forum is full of posts by Eileen that have been done to help people, be it directions, flight details, car hire, and lots more.

I spoke to Eileen before I had ever heard of the forum, and she convinced me that Arillas was a special place for a holiday and I booked the next day. Eileen epitomises everything thats great about Arillas. Meeting her and Keith, plus grandson Liam was a highlight of last years holiday. She also has a very sexy Scottish accent :-).

Eileen's, Villa Linakis, is too big for just Helen and myself but I hope to go there soon with other members of the family and do one her out of season activities http://www.villalinakis.com/aw/ . Lastly, the Villa has olive trees in the garden :-)

Nikosandtitch, I really hope that you get your Arillas holiday,

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
Well said Terry. Everyone deserves a mention for the info they've gathered for nikosandtitch, but Eileen has excelled herself

I think Eileen should branch out into the travel business ! she always comes up trumps:-)
I'm sure she would be a millionaire within 10 years lol

I think that too Tony. There must be a gap in the market somewhere, which Eileen could fill. [ Do you think she'd still chat to us after she made her millions?? - yes, she would! ]

I hope you get to Arillas nikosandtitch.

Sara

Booking.com