Author Topic: Thank you and some questions {MAKRIS APTS}  (Read 5995 times)

Offline LondonClaire

Thank you and some questions {MAKRIS APTS}
« on: June 01, 2005, 07:58:22 PM »
Hello everybody

After reading all your favourable comments on this site about Arillas we have booked two weeks in July.  Thank you so much, thanks to you I feel like we have made the right decision.  We wanted somewhere v quiet to just stroll around and relax.  Long lazy days in the sunshine.

The only things is, we booked on line so haven't seen a brochure and I wondered if anyone can give me an idea of where the Makris appartments are as they are not on the map on this site.  

How long in minutes, for a slow walk (we like to take our time when out walking on holiday!), is it away from the beach, tavernas, shops etc?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Claire

PS  I'm so excited!  Love the Greek Islands, although haven't been that many times (once to Samos, twice to Cephalonia and this will be the second time to Corfu).  Fell in love with Corfu when I read My Family and Other Animals for O'Level 27 years ago!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Thank you and some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »
Hey I read that at school also but about 30 yrs ago.Where did you go to school?

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:52:57 PM »
Hi Londonclaire
Welcome to the Forum ,you will pick up all the info you need for Arillas.
About Makris appts. not sure whereabouts they are but if you go onto "accomadation rewiews" and scroll down there is a few remarks on Makris, also you could send a message to Harold as he has stayed there.
hope this helps.

Paul/Deb5

Offline LondonClaire

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:41:35 AM »
Thanks, I'll check out the accommodation forum.  I looked there before but didn't think to ask the people who had stayed there!  Please excuse me, I can be a bit thick sometimes!

I went to Friern Barnet County School by the way.

Thanks again

Claire x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 07:29:01 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Forum.Sally and I stayed at the Makris twice about 7 or 8 years ago.They have since put in a pool and bar.The Makris is set back off what we call the back road in the "quieter " area of Arillas.The rooms are quite large and airy and have the usual basics.There are 2 ways to stroll down to the beach which is about a 15 minute pleasant stroll away,the easiest is to turn left as you come onto the road and just follow this road.The other way is to walk past the coach shed opposite and through the grounds of the apartments behind the coach shed and turn left as you come out onto the road,this way is stlightly longer and the road is a bit busier,you pass the bakery and the rainbow bar the Brouklis and into the centre on Arillas and then down onto the beach.The nearest shop is about a five minute walk away turning left as you come out of the Makris.
Hope you enjoy your stay.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline LondonClaire

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 10:42:29 AM »
Thank you Harold!

Claire

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 10:47:33 AM »
Hello Claire and welcome,

The following map is on the links on the arillas.com webpage http://www.arillas.dyndns.org/Arillas/MAP/Arillas_MAP.htm
You will see the Makris indicated and the little lane past the coach shed that Harold mentions is shown in pale green.
This map is good in that you can see all the little lanes if you want investigate Arillas a little further.  At the far end of the coach shed lane where it comes out on the 'main' road turn right and walk up to the Galini where there is a lane which goes uphill thru some lovely rural countryside.  It ends up at the church and village square, where if your lucky when you are over there might be a fair on.  There are lovely views from here, stand on the wall outside the church for a better view!.  
You can then walk back down the main road, stopping off in Annas for a 'refreshment'
Have fun,
Eileenx

Offline LondonClaire

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 11:07:12 AM »
Thank you Eileen!

I will print the map, together with your reply and Harold's, to take with me.  

Am going to be very good and not take my laptop with me.  And am planning to keep my mobile phone turned off.

The Makris looks like it is in a great situation as we wanted something within walking distance of the beach, tavernas and shops, but also way off the beaten track.

Can't wait!

Thanks again.

Claire x

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 03:40:33 PM »
Hi Claire - I visited pals up at Makris last year. I was very impressed with what I saw of the apartments and pool, and if you sit out on the balcony on an eve, there is a fab view of the village.  Its a pleasant walk too down to the beach.  I may see you around in July, I'm going out on the 18th.

Offline LondonClaire

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 11:41:53 PM »
Thanks for that Aly.  Am so excited about holiday I can barely stand it!  We fly back on the 18th, what a shame we'll miss you.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Cheers

Claire x

Booking.com