Author Topic: Mathraki studios  (Read 13699 times)

Offline lew19

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Mathraki studios
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am so excited, I have booked yesterday to go back to Arillas for the fourth time on 12th July for 2 weeks.
This time we are staying at the Mathraki studios. Has anyone been there, do you know what they are like. We have stayed at the Dionysos for the previous times but we thought we would try something different.

Does anyone know if Wispers is likely to be open this year or the place on the front that used to be a restaurant. Just wondering because I am more than happy with the tavernas and bars that are there. That is why we are going back

Hope to see you there, counting down the days and starting the all important shopping

Lynda x

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Mathraki studios
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »
hi lynda
ive never stayed at mathraki,but go past it a lot up the first part of the hill over to san steph ,it looks great and clean, as for whispers and the arilla inn on the beach ,as of yet i cant see them opening in 2010,but you never know ,and as you said there are plenty of others top keep you going have a great time..yammas

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
Hi Lynda.
We stayed at the mathraki quite a while ago, the studios are a good size and clean and a really nice family. They have a site on here you can look at with pictures of the studios.
I do not think think whispers or the arilla inn will be open but as Kevin said you never know.
Have a great holiday.

Barry.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
Hi Lew we stayed there in 2008 and booked them again for this year the apartments are great staff really friendly so you have nothing to worry about believe me if you look on my webshots page there is a few pics of the apartments amongst others
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565900804jjvIgX

Offline lew19

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:19 PM »
Thank you for replying and for the chance to look at your photos
Lynda

Offline peggy1945

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm a new member and I'm hoping to book a holiday at Mathraki Studios, but I'm losing all hope of being able to do so !

I've spent ages on the telephone to Thomson and First Choice who are both advertising Mathraki online (I've tried to book it online myself but it comes up with "technical problems").  The same problem apparently occurs when the travel companies look on their systems and they seem to be unable to advise if the accommodation is available.  They are still advertising Mathraki today, even though the booking problem started last weekend (and the price changes almost daily!).

I've also emailed the Mathraki Studios directly but I haven't received a reply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Arillas looks and sounds great.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum Peggy. Just tried to simulate a booking to Mathraki and got to the same dead end as you. I doubt they are fully booked all year, so I can imagine your frustration. You might try phoning them direct on 030 26630 51603. I doubt they are aware of this problem, which will be damaging their bookings.

Maybe one of our residents can shed some light on it. I'm sure  Akis would wish to discover what is going on.

You're right - Arillas is a fabulous holiday destination. Fingers crossed you get to find out for real.

Phil

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 12:21:56 AM »
Hi Peggy,
Have stayed there twice, clean, friendly, the family are lovely and nothing is too much trouble, lovely swimming pool, south facing balconies sun all day and they keep chickens lovely to watch from balcony and try an omelette if you stay there!
We went independent and got a fantastic deal but believe they are now back with tour operator..we stayed for 2 weeks last September and the 2nd week only 2 rooms were occupied so back with tour operator for that reason I guess.
Hope you manage to book there as I know you will love it.x

Offline mal

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
stayed there once (october) with thomson rooms great, no hot water, green slime around the pool, staff unfriendly, complaints from thomson guests.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
Thanks for your contribution mal. I like to hear downsides. Makes me really assess things. As a teacher I am being conditioned to undermine and ruin people's lives.... I don't though.

Am sure Akis will look into it mal. Sad you can't share our joy of being in Arillas.

Phil

Offline mal

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »
it`s comforting to know you`r a teacher Phil, as for Arillas if i go again this year it will be 13 times any ? speaks for it`s self.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:16:22 AM »
Hi mal. Yes I teach teenagers, and try to make them know how to create a life worth living.

Offline mal

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 01:24:13 AM »
well done you, i post my dislike of accommadation and you tell me you`r a teacher so what who`s interested in you`r trade.

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 01:40:01 AM »
no need to get defensive,we are all allowed to say what we mean,but you dont need to attack some one like that.as a mother im interested in knowing that justphil is a teacher.you have had one bad visit but have been at least 12 times so cant be bad things change.

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
Hello,

We have had two wonderful holidays at the Mathraki studios and are really going to miss our holiday there this year but only for the best of reasons - I will be heavily preganant during my summer hols! The place was spotless when we were there and Akis, Laura and the rest of the family couldn't have been nicer. We are hoping to resume our Arillas holidays as soon as possible with our new addition.
I'm sure anyone going this year will have a wonderful time!

Booking.com