Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 26930 times)

Offline jeff and di

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
I have had problems in the past 100 euro bill at the doctors one year when I had an allergic reaction. I now use mosiguard available in Arillas for 9euros blue and white tube containing awhite cream, two tubes will last more than two weeks, it works for me.

Offline condor

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Bit of a late reply, this one, but I'm new to the site. Sandra, my wife suffers quite badly, but  mostly when sleeping. The remedy ha sbeen to book a palce with air-conditioning - works an absolute treat. Going out at night is just a case of covering up, and spraying any exposed bits with a decent spray.

Maggie

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
Bring everything folks! I've been bitten by the wee blighters already...

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »
ooohhh, is it just me or does a Mosquito post fill you with excitement?! it means that holidays are a comin!! ...

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
jo
i know what you mean ,,but the mossies dont touch me <no  blood >only ouzo ...lol.yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »
Me too kev and Jo. Never been bitten. Can't be the alcohol though, Jen has one for every one of mine and gets mullered.

You're right Jo - when the mozzie thread fires up again, it means exactly that!!

Maggie, will be bringing piles of Jungle Strength for Jen if you get a bit short...... sadly not till July hough.

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »
The only thing that really worries me is the mosquitoes.
They seem to attack me the very moment I arrieve!
I have tried almost everything and nothing seemes to help!!
ANY, ANY piece of advice will be appreciated.
Connie x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
Connie, Vitamin B12 tablets two weeks before you go and during, the plug in liquid things, Avon skin so soft oil spray (green) and Jungle formula.  Make sure you keep doors windows shut after around 6pm and rely on aircon.

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
Thanks Jo,
I'll make a note on that. I've Tried everything:
Eating garlic daily (tzatziki), lots of wine, UZO, sprays ofcourse, and sticks after
being bitten. Still have scars on my legs from last years attacks!!
How come the mosquitos are so aggressive only to visitors??!!
The locals don't seem to have a problem.

We have mosquitos 3 times the size here in Denmark (been bitten twice already)
as I'm living next to a wood, but they don't itch as bad and they never leave scars.
Someone also suggested putting on cedar-scent or lavandar instead of perfume,
will be trying that as well.
Connie x

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »
Thanks Jo,
I'll make a note on that. I've Tried everything:
Eating garlic daily (tzatziki), lots of wine, UZO, sprays ofcourse, and sticks after
being bitten. Still have scars on my legs from last years attacks!!
How come the mosquitos are so aggressive only to visitors??!!
The locals don't seem to have a problem.

We have mosquitos 3 times the size here in Denmark (been bitten twice already)
as I'm living next to a wood, but they don't itch as bad and they never leave scars.
Someone also suggested putting on cedar-scent or lavandar instead of perfume,
will be trying that as well.
Connie x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
connie
you and my kay are the same...her legs weep from the bites ,,she always gets bitten ,me not a nibble ,,keep the air con on and ask for a mosquito net as well ,also watch out for the top deck of the horizon ,they hang about there as well ...yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 06:54:22 PM »
Heaven has its downsides. For Jen it is the mozzies. But our strategy of Jungle Strength early evening/late afternoon, and cover-up when out in the evening has worked. After she got 17 puffy bites in 2003, all lanced by the local doctor, scars still evident, we stayed away from Arillas for four years. Big mistake for us. Four years wasted....

These days she gets a couple of bites when the guard is down, but she claims she would rather suffer that than miss being in Arillas. Do you believe her? Silly question. It was she who dragged me back, "kicking and screaming" to Arillas. (My reply? No way! Mozzie Heaven, you'll be mullered, we're not going....)

That was 2007. She won of course. Isn't that what wives do?? The rest is history and all documented on this forum....

Like our kevin.g, I never get bitten. I could walk naked all around the village at night and never get bitten. I'd get arrested though...

Whoopee! The new season in Arillas is almost started. Like our Jo said, when the mozzie posts start the season is almost here....

happy holidays folks
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »
Last time I got bitten unexpectedly was when I met Phil and Jen in Thalassa one afternoon and we got on the bevvies and and and....:D fun was had but since that merry afternoon I have avoided  shady places in the afternoon.

For this summer I have purchased after sun for kids cream with mossie repellent to keep in my bag and slap on should  I ever get stuck in a bar with shady characters for a beverage or two :D :D :D
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »
lmao Erja luvver. The shady characters would do it all over gain. Woudn't you?????? Silly question. Just picked Jen up off the floor after reading out your message to her. Between gasps she said "That's Erja. Don't you lust LOVE her?"

Says it all really. Sad to miss you in 2010

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
I could walk naked all around the village at night and never get bitten

It's a good job we're not going at the same time as you, then, Phil - you wouldn't be able to say that!

:P

(sorry, Jen - only joking!)

Anyway, for those who swear by Avon skin so soft - I'm going to try some this year and it's currently on offer at £2.50 (half price, normally £5)

Janis x

Booking.com