Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 11333 times)

Offline willowlark

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
The Weather
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:08:45 AM »
How bizarre...

I was in Arillas from 30th June for two weeks in 2004 and it rained on and off for that first week.

We didn't want to tempt fate by booking the same two weeks so we booked two weeks later - travelling on 10th June.

We then thought we were being a bit silly as the weather wouldn't be bad the first week in June two years running.

Just taken a look at the webcam photo and the weather forecast!  Yes, it is bad this first week again!

How bizarre....I repeat!

Amanda
x

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:36:53 AM »
Hi Amanda
  Just a little confused about when you've booked I think you meant to say that you have booked 2 weeks earlier rather than later ,and your right I've just looked at the web cam and it starts off a little cloudy but I think you will find it sunnier as the week goes on, and if you are going out this week hope you have a nice time, as long as you don't wish you had booked 2 weeks later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul/Deb5

Offline willowlark

I am a muppet!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:25:36 PM »
No - that was me being dim!  I meant to say in the first line that we were there from 30th May not 30th June last year.....

We go this Friday - can't wait!  Although the weather is iffy for Friday, hopefully it will be good the rest of the fortnight.

take care

Amanda

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 06:09:49 PM »
We had tremendous rain fisrt thing this morning in Arillas but the sun came out around 12.00 and now the weather is fantastic again.

Offline willowlark

The Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 09:19:08 PM »
Hi there

That is the good thing about holiday rain - it doesn't last all day!

Hope that will be the case when we get there on Friday...

Glad you are having a great time.

Amanda
x

Offline Yiassou_TiKanis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
The Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 08:46:56 PM »
We came back this monday and whilst we were there, the weather was fantastic!!!Hot with abit of a breeze (sometimes no breeze)...don't worry about the weather, i looked at our forcast and it said the weather was going to be awful! It was VERRYY wrong!
It rained on one of the days though, but that only last a small length of time and gave us chance to do abit of shopping without being too hot! Although, it was humid!
Sarah xXx

Offline db

The Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 07:18:23 PM »
hi willowlark,
myself and my boyfriend just arrived back home today after being away for the week. the weather was absolutely gorgeous apart from one day that was a bit cloudy. i would not worry too much esp if u are there for the two weeks. ur gauranteed good weather most of the time. enjoy! hate bein home  :cry:

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »
Hi we arrived back home yesterday,10th june also.Where were you staying and where did you fly to?We had acouple of bursts of rain not just cloud.But on the whole the weather was good.

Offline db

The Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 09:06:03 PM »
we were stayin at the bardis sun studios. they were lovely,a bit compact but did the job for the amount of time u spend in them. we flew from belfast.yeah i heard the rain early in the morning but by the time i got up it was sunny and warm!  :lol:

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 12:17:08 AM »
We spent most of our days by the pool at the bardis sun studios.It is a lovely place.Glad you enjoyed yourselves.We are back there again in august staying next door.

Offline db

The Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 04:28:34 PM »
did u hav dark hair by ne chance n sat near the gates.we wer always at the pool. probably saw ya there. yeah we had a great time.wud go back in a flash if had the money, only a student so am always a bit skint. :lol:  wel il just hav to save up.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 04:40:25 PM »
Yes I do have dark hair.Can't wait to get back there in aug.

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
The Weather
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 11:42:06 PM »
Hi all, just back, and can i say 1 thing Lisa wot about that cold wind that blew for a few days after the rain?

I'm sorry i missed you at the Brouklis... :cry:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
The Weather
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 09:07:05 AM »
Sorry to have missed you too.We had a great time didn't want to return home.Will be back again in aug.Also missed Eggy at the Brouklis and were there at the same time.The rain was really heavy and we still had our towels out on the balcony so they were soaked,soon dried though.

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
The Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 07:12:32 PM »
Well I think the UK (Yorks anyway) has had temperatures to rival Arillas, but not the scenery, people, food.  Phew its a warm one, it can keep like this til I go next month.  8)

Booking.com