Author Topic: irene studios  (Read 10166 times)

Offline bertha

irene studios
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:48:59 PM »
Hi everyone,
              First timer to Arilas and have booked to stay at the irene studios. Anyone stayed here and what did you think? I  knowit will be pretty basic but that doesnt bother me, as long as its clean and not too far from the beach!! A nice balcony for our evening liquid refreshment would be good too! Any replies greatly appreciated, thank you.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: irene studios
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
Hi Bertha,

Is it these studios which you have booked? http://users.otenet.gr/~dim328/index_en.htm

If so you will find these studios are in a super position.  It is a quiet location, your balcony should have a pretty rural outlook and yet you will be only 3 minutes walk at most down a little lane to the beach.  At the end of the lane there is Eftihias a traditional snack bar and wonderful place to chill out.

I have walked past these apartments many times and thought what lovely location to be based in.

Eileen.

Offline bertha

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
Hi Eileen,
    Thanks for your reply, from what you say the location sounds lovely, nice and quiet but close enough to beach etc. Talking about the beach is it very small? Reading some of the posts on this forum seems to suggest that the beach can get very narrow. Went to Zante last year and found a lovely secluded beach but after about 11 days the beach had nearly disappeared!! Is it the same in Arilas?

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
bertha
never stayed there ,but have viewed them ,fab location ,off the road so quite ,4mins walk to the beach ,and 2mins to nearest bars, and eateries ,,,,,,,great choice.........yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Hi Bertha. Welome to our community. Irenes is a lovely central place to stay. You will love it. Make the most of Arillas and wear a smile. Talk to everyone. Eat in as many tavernas you can fit in. Have a night in the Nut (or every night like we do....) Get a bus to Corfu Town if you get up at scary o'clock (Jen and me will be going to bed then....)

Have a great holiday. You will be back....

Phil

Nan

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
Hi Eileen
Wonder if you could put me right on something? The back road that runs past Thetis and loops around to go past Irene Villas to the beach is always a favourite walk of ours but we have wondered if it was possible to "cut thru" the two places and come out on the road?

We have never wandered in to find out because we're not cheeky enough and don't want to upset the people holidaying there. If it's private we'd rather walk round than annoy anyone.  We like the look of Irenes tho so might take a look in June.

Thanks again Nan xx

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Hi Nan i wondered the same myself we used the road many times walking back and forth to the Mathraki apartments

Nan

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »
Ha ha so you having same idea as me Tony? I know Thetis has a lovely pool and it's likely we will have a look and spend a little time there having a swim and a drink by the bar but feel a bit loath to go snooping round the back as it were!!!

If you look at the map on the forum it does look as though the two properties back on to each other but I can't tell if you can access the Irene studios via Thetis. I know I am a nosey old crow! :)

Cheers Nan x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »
Hi Nan,

I know for sure there's not an obvious shortcut through the two properties and I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of fence or whatever between them.  I'll investigate when I'm over in April and will report back...unless there's a monster dog roaming around!!!

Eileenxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
Sad as we are, we planned a day investigating this. Walked down from Anna Studios (fabulous place to stay) and got to Mathraki. Jen in the pool, me sinking Mythos, and lovely, long, lingering lunch.

In true Arilliac style we never got any further.... not even as far as Thetis. But then isn't that what we all love about laid back, calm Arillas. You realise that nothing else matters. Enjoy the moment. Forget about what might be next.

Phil

PS what a useless post - I can't answer the question for reasons given above...

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »
had a look at the map yesterday, didnt even know they were there!! or the hotel, this year i am going to make that a priority to walk that circuit!! usually do the circuit up past bardis sun and around past bakery, so i shall do a different one instead, not so long perhaps!! is there a cafe for a fuel stop??!!
ger x

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »
I think there is some confusionn here between Irene Villas and Irene studios, which are to different sets of accommodation.  Most of the comments in response to the first query seem to be about Irenes studios.  If we are talking about Irene villas these are , just to be even more confusing actually apartments.  Have stayed on numerous occasions and have to say  regarding quality, size and additional items and services that you would not usually get in Arillas they are superb.  Very large with everthing you could possibly need,  including a real bathroom with bath ,mozzie nets over the beds, a great garden and swings etc for the kids oh and a teble tennis table, extremely large balconies and terraces on the ground floor and a lovely couple owning them who will make you very welcome and comfortable.    Will be there ourselves in May , July and October so may see you there.
JohnJ
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline annemarsh

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
(......now I'm confused!!!)

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
In an attempt to clear your confusion,  if you have booked through Thomas Cook you will be staying at Irenes apartments.  You have to book direct with the owners for Irenes Villas ( which are actually apartments but I guess it sounds grander doesn't it).   Irenes Villas are on the road leading inland next to , but set back from Marvel hotel and the Rainbow bar and pool.  Irenes aprtments are off the little track leading from the beach not the main road ( if I can call it that!!!).
Hope this helps but if still confused have a look at the maps on this web site and you should be able to identify both.
Regards
JohnJ
JOHN JOHNSON

Nan

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up John

I may have been to blame for mistakenly calling the Irene Appartments (Thomson) "Villas".

I apologise for confusing the two. Having looked at the map again I can see the Irene Villa that you refer to by the Rainbow on the main road.

The ones behind the Thetis is on the opposite side of the village on the back road to the beach coming out by Eftihias.

Reminds me of the experience of my neighbour who booked a repeat holiday for his family in Turkey. Having been there before and loved it he booked online.

However he had booked a holiday at another place in another location but the name was the same except for the word VILLAGE. You can imagine how he felt when they got there having actually driven past the resort they thought they were going to !!!!

I hope you enjoy your stay in Arillas at Irenes Villas and thanks for the review they sound perfect.

Cheers Nan x

Booking.com