Author Topic: Weather warning  (Read 4368 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Weather warning
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »
Looks like the sea will look a bit rough on the webcam after reading this today.

http://news.ert.gr/en/domestic/society/33094-epikindyna-kairika-fainomena-apo-ayrio

Meteorological Service has forecast deterioration of weather as of Wednesday and for the next 48 hours with heavy rainfall and gale force winds mainly in high seas

Heavy rainfall and storms from early hours on Wednesday in north Ionian, Epirus, west Macedonia next moving to west Sterea, south Ionian, west Peloponnese and central and east Macedonia.
In the evening harsh weather will extend to Thrace, islands of north and east Aegean and the Dodecanese, and northerly winds force 8-9 and locally in Aegean force 10.

I hope everyone in Arillas stays safe and the beach doesn't suffer too much

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Weather warning
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
I hope so too, Terry - I wonder if it's normal for this time of year for them? Does anyone know?

Janis x

PS it's sunny here in West Yorkshire this morning (with a few random snowflakes thrown in to confuse the issue!)

Maggie

Re: Weather warning
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
Terry, it's been raining all day! Everything is soaked. Yesterday the beach was practicaly non existent, the sea was right in again, and the sand was under water, with only some pebbles to be seen.

Booking.com