Author Topic: PROFILE INFO  (Read 11508 times)

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« on: June 06, 2005, 12:23:11 AM »
Hi All
    When registering for the Arillas Forum, I think it would be useful if everyone registered as much info possible as in :-what area they live,what they do, what they like etc,as layed out in the registering Forum format.
As there would be useful info passed around the country in contacts we might have to help all the people travelling to Corfu.
For instance someone wanting to fly from Birmingham could leave there car at my house and I could run them in or whatever ?????

What do you think ???

Paul/Deb5

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:07:43 AM »
I totally agree Paul, being on the doorstep of a local international airport I would do the same.

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 01:21:22 AM »
Hi Tracey
   This is it, it should be a formality for joining the Forum ??

Paul/Deb5

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 01:38:59 AM »
I have to admit Paul, have you ever noticed those people who do not fill in the details, if they join in the forum there topics sometimes seem a little strange?

T x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »
Hi Tracey
 Absolutely, I have noticed,and then you never hear from them again,
it also would supply other info if required by someone wanting to ask about something in that area, for example if you want to fly from Exeter I would ask Egg or from Bristol I would ask Harold {it could be the other way round without checking} but if we were travelling from Scotland we would ask Eileen, and so on. I'll have a word with Dimitris.

Paul/Deb5

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »
what a good idea more information the better. i totally agree more information should be given on our profiles i always look at the new mwmbers profile incase they live locally. yes i am nosey but its nice to no where evry 1 is situated alex

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 03:20:37 PM »
I disagree, people misconstrue or misuse personal information.  Its personal preference as to how much people want you to know about them on the internet … don’t you listen to the news?

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 06:50:18 PM »
Yes Aly I do listen to the news, but at the end of the day we are not children and when we give information we dont give anything away that would actually harm us as a person - ie, whats wrong with knowing what other peoples interests are? and what area of the country they come from - its hardly giving anything away like too personal details (address, bank details etc that anyone could actually fradualantly use!), but we are all entitled a personal view.

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 07:43:23 PM »
Hi Tracey,

Fair Play Mate. :roll:

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 01:48:09 PM »
:lol:  Whats this? All the Brummies ganging up and all sticking together - there there never mind, I suppose you should really!   :D

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 02:05:01 PM »
Hi All
      Thanks Tracey thats exactly who we are !!!

Aly, were not Brummies sticking together! I'm an ex Londoner and I say ex cause I wouldn't move back.
However  regarding info its just what Tracey says. Its like I.D. cards nothing wrong with them unless you have something to hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 02:36:31 PM »
I like the idea especially the parking and running each other about,anything that safes on Airport parking cost's has to be a good idea.But you have one thing wrong,there is something wrong with id cards that will be the cost and no doubt we will have to renew every 10 years.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 02:50:04 PM »
Well we have touched on a topic of conversation here!! :roll:
Personally, I cant see a problem with the ID cards - after all we have to renew and pay for a passport every ten years, and whilst people might complain about the cost we all still do it!!  Also the new driving licences are a good form of ID as they have your personal details on plus picy, I applied to change from my old licence to the new form when they first came out and didnt mind paying at all for it.  They were very useful to us when travelling in USA as you are asked for ID a lot over there.

I think perhaps we have to be a little more openminded on this one and move with the times - it cant harm can it???and anyhow - what is there in england that we DONT have to pay for anymore!!! :lol:  :lol:

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »
:lol: Oh I doooo like giggle.  Now Paul, on the point of personal details on the forum. Excuse a moi if I'm wrong, but your details say you live in Bewdley, Worcs (Midlands to me).  How the hoot am I suppose to know you are an ex-Londoner!  mmm I beg to differ the whole question of personal details. I certainly have nothing to hide (you'll find me on the right side of the beach for a whole 2 weeks)  :)

Hey Dimitris, can we have a jpg of a fence?  Apparently Brits like to chit chat over it now and again (they call it a forum nowadays in internet speak)  :D   :D

Yassou Yam Yams

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
PROFILE INFO
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 01:01:39 PM »
I have nothing against id cards i have had one for the last 26 years or so,what i do object to is the cost if the papers are to be believed.You can bet your bottom dollar that it's not for our benefit though.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com