Author Topic: Email warning.  (Read 4551 times)

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Email warning.
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
I received this warning a few minutes ago, please all take notice. Mick.

URGENT PLEASE READ

IF A PERSON CALLED SIMON ASHTON ( SIMON25@HOTMAIL.CO.UK ) CONTACTS YOU THROUGH EMAIL DON'T OPEN THE MESSAGE. DELETE IT BECAUSE HE IS A HACKER!!

TELL EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM THEN YOU WILL GET HIM ON YOUR LIST. HE WILL FIGURE OUT YOUR ID COMPUTER ADDRESS, SO COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU DONT CARE FOR THEM AND FAST BECAUSE IF HE HACKS THEIR EMAIL HE HACKS YOUR MAIL TOO!!!!!....

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.  This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Intern et. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled  'Mail Server Report'

If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying:  'It is too late now, your life is no longer  beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC,
And the person wh o sent it to you will gain access to your  name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the  anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it .

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself  'life owner'..

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to
PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
Re: Email warning.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »
This email is one of a series of similar hoaxes and they just promote thousands of uneccessary  emails that warn friends and colleagues of possible dangers. They really are a pain in the backside.

See..http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/hackermail.asp

and .... http://www.sophos.com/blogs/gc/g/2009/11/18/simon-ashton-hacker-hoax-spreading-email/

Thanks for the warning Mick, just delete and ignore.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:09 PM »
Thanks for the info Terry and will do as you said, ttfn, Mick.

Maggie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »
I had one of them too Mick, but just binned it cos I'm too lazy tro send it on to everyone!!!

Offline anotherjohn

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »
Probably a hoax as Norton do not normally send out any notifications of virus's they just get on with the job of fighting it.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:57 PM »
The hoaxes are just as bad as the real thing in many ways. And much simpler for many to create. We all then get complacent and exposed to more risk.

But as our Maggie said the healthy attitude is
but just binned it cos I'm too lazy to send it on to everyone!!!

Goodonyer lass...
Phil

Booking.com