Author Topic: ANNA's STUDIOS  (Read 11493 times)

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:11:09 PM »
Just had a fantastic two weeks staying at Anna's Studios in Arillas.

Anna and her family are just the best people you could meet, they are charming, helpful and everything you could ask for. The Studios themselves are the most spacious we have stayed in and are immaculate. The pool are and bar reflect the high standard. I cannot speak too highly of the place and the people.

Arillas itself is a quiet (although the two clubs there are not my taste), and there are enough Tavernas to cater for everyones taste - even a chinese and a Pizza place.

Specific Taverna's of note :

Portofina - exceptional place - shame more people do not go there - it maybe is a step too far for some people, but it is well worth the visit. Spiro is a warm friendly man. It was our 39th Wedding Anniversary and we found a vase of flowers waiting for us at the table. The food is excellent - and Spiro also had made a lovely cake

Brouklis - very nice we had three evenings here - well worth the visit on a lamb night ....

Kostas - expensive and not very good the second visit.

The overall experience 10/10

No lager louts there (a few Saga louts !!)

Excellent - Thank you Anna, Kostas & Tassos....

Thanks to Spiros.....

And a big thanks to any of the other guests that were there that took the trouble to join in the fun with us especially Ian, Lynne and Chelsea, Trev & Julie - and of course to Ronnie & Lorraine....

10/10

Roger & Carol Knapp

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:04:46 PM »
What great feedback Nesty thank you  :D , I'm sure that any first time visitors to Arillas counting the days are all the more excited now. :D

I agree about Annas AND they are the largest studios we've ever stayed in.

I now never order a starter in the Portofino, the portions are so generous I cannot manage 2 courses...never mind a full 3 courser! :roll:  

Is it fair to say that you may be returning? :wink:

Eileenx

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:30:44 PM »
Arrived back on Monday - by Wednesday I had booked again Eileen !! - going back in September !!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:59:39 PM »
Hey you sure don't hang about! :D Good for you, now all you need is a little bit sunshine over here to keep your tan topped up!

Isn't it amazing how many of us can't get booked up quick enough to return to Arillas.  

After most of our holidays Keith and I usually say 'Yeah, we'd like to return here', but we never get around to it, but when we came back from our first visit to Arillas we went back 6 weeks later. :D

Eileenx

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
hiya
i always stay at Annas studios.
i met ian,lynne and chealsea last year what a lovely family.
we had to change this year to july as daughter taking gcses.
4th july i carnt wait.
suexx

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »
The only other place we have ever gone back to is Golden Beach, Thassos - I would recommend it to any one who likes Arillas

None of the apartments as I know have pools (but you are welcome to use the pool at the Iannos (sp?) Hotel - we stayed at the Nostos Studios - not quite as big as Anna's (and no bar - or there wasnt when we were last there), but the Taverna's are only a 5 minute walk away (and road is flat!).. The beach is fantastic, safe for Children - you walk out for ages and still only up to middle !)..

Anyway - thats for another year - its great to have 2 safe bets up your sleeve if you are ever short of someowhere to go !..

Cant wait till September

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 05:48:25 PM »
I totally agree Nesty, we went to Thassos, Golden beach three years ago and other than Arillas it is favourite place in Greece, we definitely will be going back there another year - in fact one of my friends is looking into getting married out there on the beach - that will be something to look forward to.

When in September are you going to Arillas - we are there 9th -23rd.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 12:34:28 AM »
Monday 5th for 2 weeks - see you there !!!

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 01:10:41 AM »
Will you be staying at Annas again or somewhere different?

We are staying at Kaloudis village.

Hope to bump into you - where would you normally finish your evening off for that nightcap?

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 07:08:46 PM »
We are staying at Anna's again.

Normal evening would be quick snifter at Anna's before ambling down to Brouklis or Portafino's to eat and then back to Anna's for a nightcap ...

Offline caroline

Anna, Arillas
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 12:00:34 AM »
Hi

Just found this site and have to say I am pretty impressed by whatis being said.

As a travel agent I have booked my own first trip to Corfu for 20 years and will be staying at Anna's in August - anyone else there then?

It sounds like an ideal place for husband,me and 10 year old daughter.

Caroline

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 06:08:53 PM »
Hi Caroline
 Yes you couldn't have picked a better place for your first visit for a long time,you'll enjoy Anna , kostas & family's company, the appartments are fairly new and well kept, the pools good and they have good food, they also have there own rent-a-car business which we always use.
We won't be going in August as we are going in 3 weeks, and staying just up from Anna's, so we will be using there place.
And it is ideal for kids aswell ,they can go down to the pool in safety, ours do.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 06:22:46 PM »
Hi Nesty
 It Looks like you do the same as us, if we are not stopping at Anna's we always in for a drink or breakfast and amble down to Brouklis, Portafino and other places as well ,we try and spread the business around.
 We will be off in 3 weeks and we are stopping in one of the locals appts. just up from Anna's so will be popping in every day no doubt.
And once you've been to Arillas, you always return, we've been going twice a year now for 4 years.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 09:18:52 PM »
Hi Roger and Carol (Nesty)

It was good to meet you both and your friends in Portofino at the beginning of the month when you were there for your 39th anniversary - I hope the photos Roy took have come out ok!!

We agree with you about the food and welcome at Portofino - it is wonderful and you really need to make sure you are hungry as the servings are HUGE :lol:  Spiros and his daughter Vicky are just the best.

I'm delighted to hear that you have booked a return visit already - sorry we'll miss you though as we are going back in August (and I'll be visiting Portofino to celebrate my birthday).  Maybe you'll be there again next year in May/June - we'll hopefully be booking when we get back in August.

And congrats again on that 39th Anniversary  :D

Fiona and Roy

nesty

ANNA's STUDIOS
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 11:43:51 PM »
Thanks Roy & Fiona

Yes - Roy's pictures came out really well..

As this year was our 39th Carol is hoping we can go somewhere special for our 40th in June next year - we went to the Caribbean on our 25th so something similar I should think, however isnt Arillas special !!, but finances permitting maybe a second holiday next September back to Arillas who knows or maybe our other 2nd home at Golden Beach, Thassos, or a combination of both - who knows - at the moment it looks like Golden Beach in June and Arillas in September !!.

Anyway - sorry we will miss you but we will definately be visiting Spiros & Vicky !. No need for starters there !

Happy Birthday and thanks for the message ....

Roger & Carol

Booking.com