Author Topic: Re: Smileys  (Read 17779 times)

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Smileys
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »
Sara, there is a lot of different smileys on this site to the one I use, good on you. Ttfn Mick.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
MnM, Mick for short, I have had a good look at that site now. It is quite challenging to get in at first for most, but is like an Aladdin's cave when you make the effort. So many emoticons, smileys, icons.

But we still need the one with you in the chair, sailing across the road in front of white-van-man. It was a classic! If someone animated that, I would add it to all my posts....

with all best wishes
Phil

riggers

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
Just love that site, thanks to Eileen for introducing it to me... :) and teaching me how to post them :)

riggers.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 10:13:15 AM »
Hey!...Glad you all like the Best Smiley website. It is good, is'nt it? but don't thank me, thank our one & only Eileen. Looking back she helped Riggers & then Lynn, back on November 1st 2009 copied & pasted the link for me in this topic http://www.arillas.com/page/option,com_smf/Itemid,165/topic,5277.0/lang,english

Yammas Eileen

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:02 AM »
Yes, love it! The only prob (or not, as the case may be) is that the ads at the top of the site reflected some hotels I've been looking at in the UK...
Wots it all about ???  (to quote the great maestro)
Janis x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
Wots it all about Huh  (to quote the great maestro)

Tracking cookies, maybe Janis? Afraid I don't understand computers, I'm sure Terry or someone else might be able to explain. I just had a look at the website again & the only adverts showing are 'Smiley' ones

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 12:15:35 PM »
There are tracking cookies on the "Best Smiley's" website, but they are only used by Google Analytics. This is how the cookies appear ...

The Google Analytics cookies are used by Websites to track the visitors to their  website and sometimes where the users are located in the world. We use Google Analytics at work to see how many people have viewed our website and to see what pages they have looke at. These cookies can be blocked but its more hassle than its worth.

I would guess that if you clicked on one of the adverts you would get additional cookies and these may not be so safe.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »
Thanks, Terry - I mentioned it to Viv today when we met and she'd not seen the ads either...
I do, as a matter of course, delete browing history and cookies from time to time, but have to try and remember user names, etc., first! (I use quite a few family history websites)
As long as I know it's no real problem I'll let it go for now

Thanks again (my hero!)

Janis x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 01:20:32 AM »
Erm!!! I forgot to mention something.

Lindypops - You can't eat these cookies!!!!!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 01:40:59 AM »
Cookies? I`m here.
Lindypops.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 01:44:14 AM »
mmmmmmmm ready for a light curry maybe Terry. You know what I`m like if you talk food!!
Lindypops.

riggers

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 01:49:15 AM »
bugger  i was hiding them chocs.....that's the diet up the swanny (cheers Terry ..lol) thanks really.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 02:10:24 AM »
Lindypops luvver, I hate cookies. At least I hate the electronic ones - don't ever seem to have enough chocolate chips....

I delete them as fast as I can. Now Maryland Cookies dunked in a cup of real old fashioned tea - bliss! The whole packet gets deleted in minutes!

Terry as usual, is right on the money about this. Justlove his role as the forum techie. Have watched him help so many over the last while. We are so lucky to have such a range of folk on here.

And riggers mate, must remember to bring some chocs when we meet in Arillas next time. Taste great dipped in Mythos...

Phil

riggers

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »
Yes can't wait to meet again Phil....forget the chocs...Mythos is much better.

Indeed Terry is so Helpful at times..........must give him a nudge... lol Terry..

Love to all...

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
Hi Janis,
Looked at it last night, sure enough there were the hotels I had been looking at in Chester from first choice. Forgot to ask Pete about it but have used on a couplr of e-mails and the computer is ok still. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com