Author Topic: pre-paid cards  (Read 12212 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: pre-paid cards
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »
We had a prepaid American Express card, which was not accepted by all ATMs. It was kinda bigged up when we went to get our currency and TCs from Thomas Cook in 2006. Was not my finest hour accepting that sales pitch and within 2 years Thomas Cook scrapped their involvement in it.

Santander have a credit card which is offering a 12 month 0% foreign exchange fee for purchases in shops and restaurants and for cash withdrawls, basically what you do with it overseas incurs no interest as long as you settle your bill in full on your return (like all CCs) when you get your statement. Might be a solution for some.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »
Thanks GazCaz. The Santander info sounds really interesting to us. But to be honest, without an ATM in Arillas, we would spend anything we saved on getting to use it.

And much more importantly to us we would lose valuable, and limited time where we want to be. I'm with Maggie Rae. WE WANT AN ATM IN ARILLAS.

Thanks for the info - will be following up.
Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
There is an ATM in San Stef, I checked with the guys at the boat hire place only last week by email. That would only be a nice walk up the donkey track, if it was done a few times in a 2 week stay. They did say however its not always working, so the nice walk would seem like a route march on those occasions. Like you said phil, they must give Arillas an ATM. Do these people not come on this site? :-) Madness

Maggie

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:36 PM »
Yes, they must give us an ATM! Have you tried 'the nice walk' to San Stef int he middle of august???????

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »
Know what you're saying, Maggie.  It is a nice walk early morning out of season and when on holiday, but having to do it all the time when you are living there and in the full heat of the day..... not so good!!

WE WANT AN ATM IN ARILLAS!!!

lynn xx

riggers

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 12:51:46 AM »
Can you imagine walking to San Stef and it didn't work...much grrrrrrrr. I would enjoy a drink at 3w's though :)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »
That's true, riggers - just think how many we'd have to drink to make up for it!!!  ;)

lynn xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »
with yous lynn and riggs. I would just make a big sigh and have another Mythos. Then I would sell my body for another chance. But the sad bit is, nobody would buy it these days....

ATM IN ARILLAS!!!!!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
Taxi dears.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
Noticed you didn't talk about buying my body Lindypops.

Can't blame you. I wouldn't....

love
Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:53 AM »
If you can cook for me Phil--------------
Lindypops.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
Ive done the walk in Mid July at lunchtime, so it nearly killed me, what better place to die :-) I take you point though, but ealy morning once or twice isn't so bad. No matter how bad it is, if there isnt one put back into Arillas, it may be the only option if you are out of cash.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
I agree, GazCaz, but the point I made was for Maggie who is living there - it would hardly be once or twice then.....   :)

lynn xx

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »
Oh to be in that position :-) totally agree though, its madness. Bring back the ATM!

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Phil

I must have missed an earlier posting.  What happened to the ATM in Arillas then ?

Dennis

Booking.com