Author Topic: Bardis Sun Apparts/Studios & Arillas  (Read 20866 times)

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Bardis Sun Apparts/Studios & Arillas
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 12:59:01 AM »
I agree totally with your point Jason,that would be the ideal  solution,but as Eileen points out if Thompsons  & other companies are opting out there will be fewer flights available for the independant traveller.I did hear a rumer a Budget Airline ( not sure who ) were looking at  operating flights to Corfu from Blackpool :x (not much use for someone in Devon?) !! Its about time Stelios at EasyJet got a look in (afTer all he is Greek). Another point there are other  German companies (apart from Thompson) who could step in...meaning German tourists... re. Ag.Gorgios !  VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK  :evil:

Offline Clare

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 06:42:30 PM »
Hi everyone,  I went to Arillas for the first time on 27th May, have been to Corfu before, went to Kassiopi, been to other Greek Islands too, but i must say Arillas was one of the best holidays ive been on!
We stayed at the Bardis Sun Hotel and it was absolutely lovely, i couldnt find any fault with it, i have read some comments on other sites before i went about this hotel and some people were saying some stuff which wasnt very nice, but my first thought was 'I bet they are used to staying in 5* places' because the hotel and appt rooms are always basic, but very clean and have all you need, you spend so little time in there anyway, shower and sleep, that i really do find myself laughing at those people!
And Jason, i sympathise about the mozzie bites, i too was bitten quite a few times, didnt get me down for long though!
I met Bobby on the Monday afternoon when i went to watch the playoffs between West Ham and Preston and the Hammers won woohoo!!  Bobby was my only fellow supporter, bless him, well after that we struck up a friendship and we used to have such a giggle together, he always used to say about my laugh, its very unique and quite loud, he loved it!
He also told me about him in his navy uniform, he was a cheeky one aswell!!
I will definitely be returning to see them all again, as has been said so many times before, they, Spiros, Popy and Bobby were so so friendly, made you feel so welcome, i was amazed i only had to tell Bobby my name once and that was it, remembered!!  Thats the sort of thing that makes you want to go back, does that make sense??  :?
To anyone who is going there soon tell him Clare with the loud laugh who screamed at the mouse said hello  :)
Happy holidays!!

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 06:25:54 PM »
i dont no if this is a good sign or what. but today i was scanning through the thomsons holidays online, and for the first time this year i was actually ably to get the bardis up for september next year. i hope this is good news as up to now i couldnt get anythink up for arilas apart from the kaloudous for next year. alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 10:44:25 PM »
Thanks for that very useful piece of information.I have been waiting to book for next year at the Bardis in Sept now can do it.

Offline ria & stuart

Bardis sun studio
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 09:29:28 PM »
Myself and patner has just come back from Bardis Sun Sudio, we loved it and wanting to go back next year. To tell the truth i didn't want to leave i got a bit tearfull. Everything about the holiday was great, the best holiday myself and patner stuart has ever had. They are such nice people, it toped a great holiday off by making friends with an irish couple around the same age.  We rented a quad bike and scotter out for the day. The quod cost 30 Euros. plus you get to see some of corfu you wouldn't normally see going on a coach. Bobby sorted it out for us  and we where off. we had so much fun. I would recomanded it to people, but where a t-shirt as my back got burnt.
As from thompson i have sent an e-mail to them asking why they might take the contract away from Arillas resort. I bascially said the people that go their for the first time like myself and stuart and fall in love with the place, will got back there time after time with or with out thompson and they will be the company that will lossing out on it. Arillas is an up and coming resort not to lively just right for people that want to go away with their family or partner and enjoy them selfs in there own way, if like us that was in the bar by the poole talking to sprious - popy - george - bobby.  :lol:

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 07:38:40 PM »
well said i have also emailed thomson and i am back in arillas next month and counting. alex

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
Bardis Sun and Thomsons
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 02:36:36 AM »
Hi  having scanned the 2006 Thomson brochures, they are, as Eileen said offering Kaloudis in the Skytours brochure but I also found Bardis Sun Hotel (not apartments) in their Greece brochure.  Now Thomson was one of the first operators in Arillas and we booked with them in 1991 to stay at Kaloudis, but I have noticed over the years, (we have returned to Arillas almost every year at least once since 1991) they have started to 'drop' accommodations here and there until now they obviously have only the two for next year.  Unfortunately, assuming this trend continues it seems to me that next year will be their last.  From what I can see Thomson are not the only ones who seem to be reducing their offerings to Arillas and over the years there has been a steady decline in the choice of accommodation available. We have met many people who  book independantly (we have done it in the past and would do it again, just to be there) although I do realise that flights are easier from the larger UK airports but it shows the determination of all of us who love Arillas to get our 'fix' regardless of the whims of operators who would prefer to take(more) people to San Stefanos and Sidari.  
As has been said, all this is extremely bad news for the property owners and there may not be an easy answer but then perhaps the tour operators still using Arillas might 'pick up' the rooms and offer them, even for next year, or perhaps the year after.  I do hope so for all visitors to Arillas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Holidays
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 01:28:59 PM »
Friends of ours were looking at a package deal, flying from Bristol, with Manos for September/October. They were quoted £720 total for 2 weeks at Annas.
That sounds a good deal but we got flight only from Bristol for £189 each for the same dates. Add to that,say, the good prices quoted by Gallini on his website plus a taxi to/from the Airport and we come up with £730 max.
I'm not sure on Annas prices but if someone knows they can re-calculate.
(Interesting that Sue @ Castaway in Acharavi can even beat the Manos price if you book the flight and they organise accommodation/Taxis and they look after Guests and owners very well.)
Our friends hate the idea of a possible 1 1/2 hour transfer.
So for the extra £10 they don't have to hang around waiting for the coach each way and have a lot more flexibility on the time they vacate their room.
The only thing that concerns me is that if more and more people make they own arrangements then we will see flights drastically increase in price and more appartment owners losing business.
( Our flights for next year, same date/Airline have gone up £40 each )
Corfu Operators such as Arillas Travel, Castaway, North Corfu Travel etc will also suffer.
I am sure it's not just Arillas where English Tour Ops are alledgedly pulling out but it's going on all over Corfu.
So what's the answer? - I haven't got one. It must be about time for Easyjet or similar to look at Corfu. What say you , good people?
Negg

Maggie

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 06:28:34 PM »
I think that its high time that the likes of easyjet etc started to fly to Corfu.
  The tour operators may have to work a wee bit harder then, but I do wonder about the effects on all the property owners.  :cry:  I reckon it would benefit anyone owning their own property out there tho, surely if the flights were a bit cheaper, we all might visit more often. Maggie. 8)

Offline Stranger

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 02:12:03 PM »
My fiance and I are off to the Bardis sun for a 10 day break soon, looking forward to what we've heard about both the apartments and Arilas itself - peace and quiet is what we're after and some good walking.

I'd really appreciate any information on useful walks and also nice cafe / restaurants nearby that we can go to for lunch and / or dinner.

Nice to find this site and look forward to your comments.

By the way this will be the first time we've been to Corfu so any and as much information as you can give me will be very much appreciated.
Take only photographs leave only footprints.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »
Hi Stranger
   Welcome to the Forum and a mass of info you can learn about Arillas,
your best bet is to trail through the topics and it will give you all the info you require,because I would be on here for days giving you all my recos.

I would start by looking at the map of Arillas to see where you are situated, which is a nice spot down on the front, then you can look at the other places around and then look on the forum to see what comments were made, but when your there just try all the places you won't find a bad one.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Stranger

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 02:54:49 PM »
Thanks

I've spotted the thread /s about William  :lol:  you always get one don't you  :wink:  and I am slightly ashamed to say that we have booked through Thompson, but hey what the heck we got the quiet 10 day break we were after so I can live with it.  The pictures I've seen so far look superb and fortunately Sidari was shown on Sky Travel Shop the other day so I picked up a few tips from there.

Anyway enough of 'off topic' posting I'll get back to scouring the site for relevant  information.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 04:37:32 PM »
Hello Stranger, :D

If it is guided walks you are after then visit  http://www.lemonhouse.com Nick Peacock conducts guided walks around the Arillas area.

If you take a look at http://www.marengowalks.com/corfu_report.html  you will find a report on 5 days of guided walks around Arillas conducted by Lance Chilton.  You can order a map of the area and a guide for the walks on-line.  The map and informative guide covers Arillas, Agios Stefanos and Agios Georgios.

Happy holidays, :D
Eileen.
P.S, Take a look at my website below where you will find further snippets of information on Arillas and Corfu in general.

Offline Stranger

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 04:50:33 PM »
Hello Eileen and thankyou very much, we'll possibly take 1 or 2 guided walks prior to setting out on our own.

I've just e-mailed Nick asking for a list of scheduled walks.

Nice touch Eileen - the phrases that is on your site, I always feel so rude if I visit a foreign country and expect them to speak English - I often find it impresses them so if one says something, even if it is not too well spoken, in the native language.

Thanks again.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 05:11:37 PM »
hi stranger, are you staying at the studios or the hotel? when is it you are exactly going we are going on the 23rd and we are staying at the hotel. you will enjoy either i am sure and the sea breeze and gratzella is only a few minutes walk from you  alex

Booking.com