Author Topic: Nude Beach  (Read 63856 times)

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Nude Beach
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »
A couple of years ago there was a path down to the nude beach ,it lead down from the path that goes across the top of the cliffs that over look the beach ,it was a bit over grown but we managed it once.
My inlaws were there last week and said that alot of the path had fallen away down onto the beach.Weather was really bad with torrential rain for most of the week.
Last year the wade was quite deep via the beach but 3 years ago the tide went out far enough that you didn't have to wade at all,always seems strange how the beach at Arillas changes so much and in 5 weeks we'll be there to see for ourselves...Cannot wait!!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 11:35:37 PM »
The beauty of Arillas. Like a woman, ever changing, ever inviting, sometimes difficult.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 11:40:06 PM »
Hi Mikk J.  We have been visiting Arillas since 1995 and in all those years we only noticed a difference last year. Who knows why this is? is it North winds? Is it global warming? all i know is that as long as there is a patch of sand that I can call my own each year I am happy! :-)

riggers

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 12:07:15 AM »
  We have been visiting Arillas since 1995  all i know is that as long as there is a patch of sand that I can call my own each year I am happy! :-)

Good on yer Jo...  :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 01:29:05 AM »
Being more serious, it is lovely to see young families enjoying the beach around the jetty, even little Spiros Kourkoulos learning to swim. (Did you just throw him in Dimitris?)

How many acres of sand do we need to enjoy the summer? Many hoilday resorts only offer acres of concrete or rocks. I have seen Arillas beach almost non-existent, but mostly like now, it has plenty of space for everyone. Naturists who don't want to climb down cliff faces, or walk miles can be open and honest in Arillas. I really don't understand why it isn't over-run by naturist holidaymakers.

As for climbing down from the cliffs, no way. Walk along from Kaloudis, er yes. It might just still be possible for my Jen.

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 01:53:14 AM »
I agree with you Phil, and hope many families embrace the sands and the summer. I`m sure Terry will come up with a cartoon! p.s. and some food :)           Hope Jen has a not too difficult time.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 02:09:22 AM »
Lindy luvver, she is a trooper. She hurts, but never lets it get in the way of things. Well almost never, but when we are there, and she can get into the pools and the sea, she blossoms. The pictures of us in Arillas all show it.  Are you going to be there this year?

As for our Terry, he needs no encouragement. He can create a party by walking in the room..... Have you seen the clear-up operations after his stay at Horizon??? Bodies of those who died laughing at his antics!

I will pay for this one day, just watch....

love
Phil

Offline kcarol

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »
We are just back from two lovely weeks in Arillas, access to the beach was a little difficult the first week as we had some storms, but last week it was easy, and the beach was really quite busy for May. I have been visting Arilas twice a year in May and September since 1997, and although the access can change if the sea gets a bit rough, when the weather is fine it is has always been fairly easy to get to the beach, albeit sometimes you may need rubber shoes to help you walk over stones in the sea but not always. Over the years we have met some lovely people who we see year after year, and some of you may know me as I like to make stone towers! which have been photographed by many people over the years.

I hope to get back again this year but may have to wait till first week in October, I hope all you lucky people visiting this summer will have a truly wonerful time.love to those who lnow me and those I have yet to meet xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
What a fabulous advertisement for Arillas kcarol. Beautifully written and heartfelt. You convinced me, but then, I don't need any convincing. So glad you had yet another great experience of our Arillas. Stone towers? How have Jen and me missed them? Please elaborate. Can't wait....

Phil

Offline kcarol

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 03:07:18 AM »
Hello Phil,

Regretfully, I do not think I have met you and Jen, but maybe one day. When I go on the beach I collect the lovely flat stones and build walls and towers around my patch. I spend hours walking up and down the beach to select the perfect stone to add to my wall, and I also make little mosiacs. While collecting the stones I get to chat to many lovely people who politely appear interested what I am doing! If you are in Arilas at the moment I am sure you will still see the remains of one of my creations about half way along the naturist beach. Usually I dismantle the stones before I leave, but this year some very nice German ladies wanted to 'move in' to my spot when I left so I left it to them to do when they had finished. When not on the beach I walk regularly to Afionis , through the old village out on the headland to look back and admire the lovely view of Arillas and San Steohanos cliffs. I will then go and enjoy freshly squeezed orange juice with Costos at Porto Timoni and take in the stunning veiw over Agios Georgios. In May the wild flowers are so vivid and fragrant which adds to the overall beauty of the area and I cannot think of anywhere that I would rather be. Roll on October!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
I think I've often used your spot in June, Carol.......I've often seen those stone towers. I've also used the track as well....not too bad coming down, but going up, I did need a helping hand.....!!!!
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »
In May the wild flowers are so vivid and fragrant which adds to the overall beauty of the area

We still have May to experience, but they are fragrant at other times and the beauty speaks to us both every time. Rhodes is burnt brown and hot all year. But Corfu is truly the Emerald Isle and green and fragrant all year long.

I'll go and get back in my corner now...
Phil

Offline smilingtoday

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:35 PM »
Just back too guys. had a great week on the Beach

Offline smilingtoday

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »
Just back too guys. Had a great week on the Beach and got my all over tan. Chatted to a few and saw the pile of stone sculptures.
Easy wade most days and pleasant sea to swim in. i hope to be back.
D

Offline Dave/Sue

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Going to Corfu 1 week on Monday(tomorrow)! We was hoping to visit Myrtiotissa but have read reports most of the sand has been washed away! We are staying at A. Georgios North,so hoping to hire a car for a few days and get naked on Arillas beach now. Has anyone been to Issos beach near the lake of Korrison and done any nude sun-bathing? Cheers Dave & Sue

Booking.com