Author Topic: See creatures ... sea creatures  (Read 25489 times)

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
See creatures ... sea creatures
« on: June 15, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
Now Arillas has one of the best beaches I know (100% sand all the way in) and very shallow and there's nothing in there to hassle you.  BUT unless I drank too much Oozo the night before  :lol: , last year I thought I saw .... wait for it:

1. A fish, about 30" long, yellowy/cream coloured another colour (poss purple on its back) and it wasnt afraid of me (erm I was in shallow water). It was going to take a chunk out of my bum but would be interested to know what it might be.
AND
2. Thought I saw a jellyfish (white with purple spots). Didnt stay around long enough to give you a full description. Yes it could have been a plaggy bag, but then again.

So, anyone else sighted any interesting water beasties?

Offline rachelc

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 06:29:23 PM »
Aly, I really hope it was the ouzo!

The only thing I don't like about swimming in the sea is the 'wildlife.'  I usually panic when I see a fish swimming towards me. :shock:

We went to Stoupa last year, and heard people talking about fish that liked to nibble on people's legs, needless to say I didn't get off my lilo when I was in the sea.

Offline Becky and Oli

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 03:21:59 PM »
Hi, the only thing we saw were those ickle sandy coloured fish that swim round ur feet by the shore. I really hope that there are no other scary things in the sea cos if there is then i'm going to avoid going in.

becks

Offline Burt2000

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 05:06:53 PM »
its the morey eels that you gotta watch out for!! :shock:  :lol:

Offline Becky and Oli

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 05:11:51 PM »
what do they look like then?i heard that a kid had stepped on a spikey fish and had really hurt his foot when we went to arillas last year-he had it in plaster and everything.

Offline Burt2000

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 05:21:32 PM »
they look like a big snake in the water!.....but they only live in the cracks in rocks and they wouldnt venture out much, the guy in graziella(spelling :oops: ) taverna had caught one the night we went for dinner. Nah arillas beach is fine as its fairly shallow and sandy i wouldnt worry much to be honest......only bit that freaked me out was trying to cycle a pedaloe boat to the wee island in arillas bay in over 20 metres of water and black sea weed!!....at that stage(half way)we turned back lol :oops:  :cry:

Offline Becky and Oli

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »
we were going to pedalo over there but it rained the day we were planning on going. is it not advisable then to try getting over to that island (bearing in mind i cant really swim haha)

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 07:11:13 PM »
I hope I havent scared anyone off  :shock: , there is nothing in the sea so gross I am sure, and besides .... I did a typo yesterday, I meant to say it WASNT going to take a chunk out of me bottom!  Phew.  Besides Ive been swimming in the sea at night  :wink: and nothing got me!
A

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 07:50:33 PM »
:shock: To be honest, it's freaking me out a bit.  If you go to the webcam and click on 'pic of the day', you will open another page of pics.  Scroll to the botton of the page and click on 'next page'.  Scroll down, again, to where you will find a pic with the title' Stomatis and Morena'.  What is that?!  I really wouldn't want that thing anywhere near me!  Is is a snake, or an eel?  Scarey or what?!

Sue x

Offline Burt2000

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 11:38:44 AM »
yeah thats what a morey eel looks like!... :shock:

Burt

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 01:14:47 PM »
Sue, can you send me the link to the this 'scary' thing?  I can't find it and I'm nosey, I want to see what it is!
Ta

Offline Burt2000

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 01:54:57 PM »

Offline db

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 02:18:11 PM »
oooh!!!! i remember seein that in the restaurant after it was caught.
they aint nicest thing to look at, sure they aint barry!
think they are the ones that can bite you, are they?? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
watch out every one :lol:

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
:cry: OH YUK, that pic is horrid. What if .... it wasn't caught in the sea and they found in the undergrowth!  :wink: Well that is what I'm telling myself when I go swimming in the sea!

Offline coastalwalker63

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »
Thanks, Burt, for putting that link on cos I don't know how to do it. :roll:
How do you do it?

Sue x

Booking.com