Author Topic: NUDE Beach  (Read 138947 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: NUDE Beach
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
Ho Ho Terry.  Oh Jo - there must be someone brave enough to venture northwards from your steps.
We shall just have to await news from someone intrepid enough to take a peek (and or a wade)!
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline MaryH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 07:44:44 PM »
Patrick
Just noticed you arrive in Arillas ion 13th September - we arrive 3rd for two weeks staying at Mathraki so looks like we will finally meet you and your Julia

Happy hols  :)
Mary

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »
Hi Mary
We'll look out for you coming up the little lane just south of Kaloudis.
Best wishes
Pat

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
the beach is accessible,best to walk a bit up the hill to san stef then scramble down a little path(less wading to do) and there is quite a bit of sand up there.
Also spotted a few nudists on the south side, where there is quite a lot of sand this year. It's also easier to get to. Only returned home on Tuesday am, wish I was still there. x

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
Hi Ruth - thanks for that info.  Quite a relief to know that there is still accessible beach to the north.
Last year we had to go to the south beach ourselves as the north one was just not accessible on several days.
As always all good things come to an end but expect you've some happy memories to look back on.
All the best
Pat

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »
Just returned from our first visit to Arillas and spent our days on the naturist beaches north and south of the main beach.
We found several places with  well defined ''steps'' from  the footpath leading to  the  north beach, when it was a little more than a wade around the rocks due to high tides and winds.
My only  disappointment was how untidy it was. Discarded wine,water bottles, and  food wrappings laying around, together with  beach mats, brollies and lilos in various stages of disrepair.
It seems common practise for many to take their beach furniture with them on the first day, leave it there, tucked away, to claim next day, and on their last day just abandone it all.
Another concern is that whilst we were there, three large landslides occurred overnight falling to where  during the day people had been sunbathing. These people  most certainly would have had been killed it the slides happened  during the day
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
Yes we noticed that there were many umbrellas/mats just left everywhere, but not so much the litter.  There really is no excuse for such laziness is there?

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 02:22:45 PM »
Greetings Geoff and Val
I am 99.9% certain we were your neighbours, I'll just look like a bit of a plonker if we weren't! Anyway it was lovely to meet you two and hope you had smooth and stress free flight home.

Mary :)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
Hi. Yes you are right. Hope you enjoyed your lunch.
Had a 2.5 hr delay going home
Believe Thomson cancelled a flight out and consolidated two flights into one.
We went home on a much larger plane that was only half full
Maybe see you both another time
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline julied

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »
Hi Mary

Remember me I listened to your tales of how you met your
your new family. you went to Agios Georgios and it started raining and
a nice gentleman brought you back. I was on the top floor at the Mathraki.
Hope you had a good week after I returned

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
Greetings all - returned from Arillas last night - flight (Thomsonfly) was 45 minutes early landing at Robin Hood Airport.
We made several visits to beaches North & South.  South was most accessible but a good long walk.  Amount of sand varied but was sufficient for sunbathing.
North beach was difficult to access on most occasions although one day the 'last wade' was almost dry.  Plenty of sand to the North.  However on Saturday 25th September it rained torrentially all day and the sea became very rough.  The whole beach seemed to disappear.  However on Sunday as the waves calmed more beach became visible.
I suppose the conclusion to draw is that the waves and wind will do their will and we shall have just as much beach as they combine to provide.
Best wishes
Pat (and Julia)

Offline kerkyraios

• mature friends??
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »
The beach was  a lot better in the summer 2013. I managed to visit both sides of the beach easily many times. However there were very few days that the rough sea did not allow many people to reach them. Hope this summer thigs are better

Offline kerkyraios

• mature friends??
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
Hi all. Unfortunately I didnt manage to visit the nudist beach last summer. How was it? Were there many people?
xxx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »
Hi all. Unfortunately I didnt manage to visit the nudist beach last summer. How was it? Were there many people?
xxx

No one knows the answer to that question as nobody dared to look!!.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »
The north beach this year was amazing. Hardly any wading at all and the addition of Sunbeds!! Talk about luxury! I would say that despite the vast expanse of sand there didn't seem as many bodies on it as last year but we mainly tended to go first thing in the morning and 4-ish in afternoon so maybe we missed the peak times.

Booking.com