Author Topic: Real Ale in Arillas!!!!  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
Real Ale in Arillas!!!!
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »
Hi all

After some concerted effort on behalf of myself and Pete to prove the financial viability of the Real Ale Market to the owners of the Corfu Microbrewery in Arillas (oh ok it was all there idea but we have drunk 2 cases in the last couple days) we have bottle conditioned Real Ale and Bitter in Corfu.

It's gooooooooood!

As a life member of Camera the campaign for real ale I am both delighted and relieved not to be forced to drink gaseous Eurobeer/lager whilst on holiday. We should start a cider campaign too!

Bet some of you like me can't wait for a pint (500 ml)
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
Re: Real Ale in Arillas!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
(oh ok it was all there idea but we have drunk 2 cases in the last couple days)

Did you really have to type this as it has caused extreme withdrawal symptoms. :-(

I would say that the sample I had from the brewery was one of the best tasting beers I have ever had. My favourite out of the bottled Royal Ionian beers is the Real Ale and to echo Corfusoon  it's gooooooooood!.

For every wound, a balm.
For every sorrow, cheer.
For every storm, a calm.
For every thirst, a beer.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
As a life member of Camera the campaign for real ale I am both delighted and relieved not to be forced to drink gaseous Eurobeer/lager whilst on holiday.

More for me then :D

Glad you are enjoying the ale corfusoon :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:33:01 AM »
Ha ha - "ale" be looking forward to drinking whatever is on offer in Arillas!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
Frank, my Jen only drinks "real ale." Doom Bar from Cornwall, Green King from London etc etc... we have even discussed seting up a brewery in Corfu. But now we have one. A bit modified to suit the climate but as you prove, there is a market in the summer at least.

Jen's view is that the bottled real ale is still "Eurobeer," bottle conditined and too gassy. But even she realises that cellar conditioned ales are impossible in Corfu.

Erja darling, like you say, more "Eurobeer" left for the likes of you me and riggers....

Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »
Ah but the Atki will be having draught!

Phil, I really can't stand lager. So I'm afraid there won't be a noticable increase in availability on account of me. This is a big step forward for people like me who love real beer.

When I worked in the USA there was a similar shift from Budweiser (that's the 3%) stuff that had never heard of Prague to full flavoured and bodied microbeers started by Sam Adams. Now microbreweries are all over the states.

That enriches everybodies drinking experience by delivering choice and a genuine variety of flavours. Drinking ale is probably more like drinking wine in the different characters it offers.

You should try it. It's goooood!

You might find the slightly more gassy bottle conditioned stuff suits your palate and there's always the Pilsner.

Regardless more power to the innovation of our friends in Arillas.
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
I'm not a beer/lager drinker so don't understand all these issues. But my dad has a real thing with beer straight from the fridge.

He too likes real ale not lager, but even on a hot day he prefers it at room temperature. They all look at him as though he is crazy in Corfu when he asks if they have any that hasn't been in the fridge.....
Sandy x

Booking.com