Author Topic: Christos Apartments  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Becky and Oli

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Christos Apartments
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:08:25 AM »
It seems that the Christos Apartments in Arillas have been forgotten! Its a brilliant place to stay and we're glad we booked in there instead of at the Mathraki as Christos wasn't as enclosed as Mathraki and also only has 8 apartments. Philippe and Angela are fab people, welcoming everyone, i'd recommend it to anyone for a relaxing peaceful stay. Me and my boyfriend are going again to Christos on the 4th july for 2 weeks and were wondering if anyone else was going at the same time. By the way, we adore Brouklis Taverna!!!!!The best meal i've ever had. It's going to be the first place we go!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Christos Apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 11:15:47 AM »
Hello Becky,

I've not stayed in Christos but just as you say I've been told that they are great hosts. :D

Paul and Debs have stayed at Christos many times and are good friends with Phillipe, I've heard the stories about the drinking until the wee sma' hours at the bar! :D   Sounds like my kind of place. :wink:

Have a great holiday, we will be at the Mathraki when you are there.

Eileenx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Christos Apartments
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 02:47:43 AM »
Hi Becky
  Yes Eileens quite right we have stayed at Christos a few times in actual fact our very first visit to Corfu was at Christos, and yes we all have had many a late drinking session with him and alot of the locals use to pop in aswell, but we haven't stayed there for a couple of seasons as we were finding it a bit to far up the hill, it must be my age as Philip says, and we haven't met his new partner yet either, but as we are staying between Anna's and Philips this year we will be nearer to visit, although we go and see him every year, as you will be at the same places ,we will probably see you for a few ouzos @ Philips as we will be there from 11th July to 29th.

PaulDeb5

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
Christos not great
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 12:06:08 AM »
Hi, we stayed at the Christos appts earlier this summer and we weren't overly impressed with it.  We had a lot of problems such as getting dirty linen, damp beds and dry rot on most wooden items including the bed boards.  The room was dirty all over especially the tiles on the walls, around and behind the fridge and it looked as though it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in years.  Cleaner wasn't very regular, in fact I think we only seen her about 3 times in 2 weeks.  There was also quite a lot of noise at night as Phillip would often keep the bar open until the early hours (5am on some occasions).  A lot of the other guests shared these views from what they told us.  

Also bear in mind that these appartments are around 2km from the resort centre and at the top of a steep hill which was very dark at night.  The olympic brochure says it's a 10 minute walk to the resort centre which it probably was but bear in mind that going from the resort centre this is 10 minutes uphill often in severe temperatures so if you are staying there I suggest hiring a car.  Phillip and Angela were both really nice but I feel there efforts are wasted on a property that is badly in need of restoration.

If you would like any pictures of the appartments from our holidays (including some pics of the dirt in our room), email me at jenna_chris2003@hotmail.com

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Christos
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:31:05 PM »
Jenna
That's a great shame you had those problems at Christos. I hope it didn't put too much of a dampener on your Holiday. It's easy to say " complain to the Rep" but, when your hosts are so likeable, what do you do?
Maybe tell the owners. For all we know they these jobs are being done.
Like any business the owners want to get it right or they lose trade.
The hard fact of life is that as Tour Ops continue to pay a pittance to appartment owners it's the owners who have to make the cutbacks. Possible less cleaning, less laundry etc. Keep the bar open as long as possible to make a little more cash. At the end of the day it's the holiday makers who suffer first.
The idea of this Forum is to tell it like it is, good or bad. Maybe Dimitris will pick up this thread and make it known to the owners.
This is a good feedback you've given especially with the comments on the late night music. Likeable owners or not, as a lot of people, I want a decent nights sleep for the next day ahead.
Regards
Negg

Offline soamesnkat

christos apts
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »
sorry to hear about your veiws on you holiday
we have just got back from the christos and we had the best time in the world for sure its not a 5star hotel but we found the friendship far outways the basic rooms .we were welcomed with open arms by phil n angela although we arived at 3 am phil was there to greet us and if you needed anythink the whole team at the place were willing to help . there is a spirit of family for all who stay there and as for the food that was placed in front on us 10 out of 10 we only botheed to eat out once because it was so good we only have one complaint that we could not stay fo longer but we will be back next year and will try to drag ourselves out to see more of the lovely warm people and more of the beautyful sites in arillas i will only say one more thing that if you can stay up for the sunset in arillas you have seen the rest of the sky with a passion  thank you to all whom we enjoyed are 2 weeks and willl see you again next yr

Offline andy/simone

Re: Christos Apartments
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:25:02 PM »
does any one have a contact 4 phillipe as we are their again in sept and need phillipe 2 maybe get us a car 4 the transfer from the airport if anyone can help send e-mail 2 gyjock@hotmail.co.uk ps please tell phillipe 2 get the wine in all the best andy and simone(grimsby)

Booking.com