Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studios - Thomson Contract  (Read 4934 times)

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Bardis Sun Studios - Thomson Contract
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:20:58 PM »
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.  Bobby from the Bardis Studios has just e-mailed me to say Thomson have pulled the plug on them for 2006 and he has asked if I will complain to Thomson to see if it will help.  He is asking anyone who knows them to do the same.  He says the Marina Hotel has gone with a Norwegian Company for next year and so options may be limited and any help they can get, and others that you know about, they would be very grateful.  I have promised to write to Thomson and said I would post this so that others could do the same if they wished to.  Thank you.

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:32:28 PM »
I'm just back from Arillas, and i think the big companies in general are pulling the plug.
  I think the reason is the locals are looking for an honest return for their efforts but the big boys are trying to bully them into accepting stupid rates.
  I honestly think people would get a better deal by going privately,but sadly not all have comps' or the knowhow! to do it....but i'll keep going back as its a beautiful place............ :wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Pete E

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 01:13:04 PM »
Good point Malky - lots of people wouldn't know where to start when it came to making private arrangements.  I know that I had a go but quite quickly decided to stick to the package that Manos were offering.

Maybe someone who is knowledgable enough could write a self-help guide for publishing on this website - or maybe Dimitris could set up a thread specifically to help those who want to book privately.

Pete

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 02:24:30 PM »
awh thats terrible.we were staying at the bardis sun studios for the first time at the start of june and got to no poppy and the family quite well. if complaining to thompsons would help in any way im sure neone who has stayed with poppy etc would definately help out with a complaint, id be more than happy!!! :lol:  :twisted:

Offline Janina C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Booking Privately
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 02:41:09 PM »
I always make my own arrangements. It takes a bit more time and effort than just going through a travel agent but I feel it is worth it and the cost is sometimes a bit more than a package deal but at least I know my Greek freinds are getting the money!!!  :lol:

This year 4 of us are paying around £375 each for 2 weeks accomodation (2 bedroom apartment), flights and taxi transfers from the airport and back.
I don't know what the package price would be 'cos I don't look.

Anyone who wants any tips can leave a message here and I'll be glad to help.  :D
Janina

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
A good idea Pete. :idea:

We sometimes go Package and at other times DIY, not just to Greece but wherever we go.

As you suggested, I'm sure if Dimitris set up a thread specifically for DIY holidays lots of us could help out,  even as far as posting good priced flights that we come across.  For instance, last week for the whole week the price of a flight from Glasgow leaving monday 20/6 was sitting at a steal price of £69!

Eileenx

Offline Lyndsaym

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »
Hi all,

When we were leaving Arillas after our holiday last year, we were told that Thompson were pulling out this year, so on our comment form from the rep we had made sure we told them how fantastic Arillas and Bardis Sun really was, as Bobby had asked us to do this.  Then this year as you know it was still on offer from Thompson, so i don't know if Thompson say this just to get good reports or not, but i wouldn't hesitate to book privately as i know the property owners make next to nothing through the T/O's.  Just thought i'd let you know wot i sort of know.

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline db

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 08:59:10 PM »
well lets hope the same will happen this year. it was so handy booking through thomson cause it was a last minute deal and we would not have been able to get somewhere like arillas at that late stage. its hard to decide wat way to book as its so easy through the tour operator but the owners defo do not make the money they deserve in doing so. :?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »
It is a great idea to book privately if you can - we haven't used a travel agent for years.  

It might take a bit more effort trawling through a few websites instead of just popping into the local Thomas Cooks, but I actually quite enjoy that part - and I usually end up paying quite a bit less than I would have if I had gone with an operator.  

It also means that the room owners ends up getting a better rate than they would have if they were with a company.  Of course, there is a lot more work involved for them as well, what with advertising, managing their own websites, taking bookings etc.

However, the downside seems to be that the companies are getting fed up with us DIY-ers and it is getting more and more difficult to find cheap flight only tickets.  Still, that suits me as I prefer to drive across anyway!!

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline malky

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 11:51:43 PM »
Eileen,

Thats true about the price of flights out of Glasgow, I was talking to a couple who got out there for £48 each and were getting back for 80 euros.. Also spoke to a guy from Linlithgow who got a deal in Sidari for £129 for 2weeks but came over to Arillas and stayed privately for about 100euros a week..

Anyway got some pics for you to see of the building work just need to download them ..... speak soon.. :D
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 12:20:15 AM »
Thanks Malky, I'll look forward to seeing them. :D

I'm dying to hear what you have been up to. :roll:

eileenx

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 07:38:28 PM »
i have contacted thomson and said that i am not happy with them in regards to pulling the plug. i will still be returning next year to arillas with another company or i will arrange it myself. alex

Booking.com