Author Topic: Swim to kravia?  (Read 6944 times)

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Swim to kravia?
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »
Have any forum members done it? I remember when we first came to arillas a local chap did it most days, and was thinking of doing it myself.
john

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Swim to kravia?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »
My friend's husband has done it but beware - it's further than it looks and you also have to get back!! I guess you'd also have to keep an eye on the wind so choose a calm day.
Sandy x

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:26 PM »
Just had a look on google earth and it say's it's just over a mile, though I always thought it looked further than that?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »
Well last year my friends husband decided to do it, after they had been arguing and despite not having had anything to eat all day. When we found out we watched him with mounting panic until he completely disappeared from view.  at which point Mick asked Sammy from watersports if he would run him over to rescue him. Anyhow, they thankfully found him perched on the island but he said that he was glad he didnt have to swim back!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »
I did it in 2008 with the assistance of a 10hp outboard. Its a lot further than it looks and when you get there its a few rocks to sit on and about 3 foot of beach.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »
Swim over to Gravia
BEWARE
THE SEA CAN BE CRUEL, better safe than sorry.  

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »
I guess probably not the best thing to do after a barney! I set off peddling a pedalo there last year but Nic got seasick! I suppose I'll just tell her I'm going for a long swim, that way if I have to turn around short of it, I didn't fail!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
But Nic, she will never believe you if you do make it and then tell her afterwards!

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:29 PM »
She knows me too well for that! It's not worth me trying to tell her a porkie, she'd know straight away.
I've just looked up the swim from Limni to porto timoni (a 20m walk) which according to google earth is just 1800m, all next to the shore, so that might be a good practice, as we go down there most days anyway.
On another note, I just had a reminder email from the airport to let me know we're going on holiday in 48 hours. Not sure why they think I need reminding.

Booking.com