Author Topic: Airport  (Read 3687 times)

nesty

Airport
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »
Has Corfu airport sorted itself out yet - or is it still mayhem ?

Our trip out in May was dreadful - Birmingham was manic, and when we had the same at Kerkyra !!

But it didnt take any of the gloss off what was a fantastic time. Hoping for more in September - less the queues !!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Corfu Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:55:02 PM »
The scanners are now by the check-in desks so it's not so bad. - But you still have to queue outside. Makes a bit of a mockery pre-booking seats to avoid getting there early. I think Corfu Airport will always be chaotic so we always expect the very worse. Anything better than that is a slight improvement.
Negg

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Airport
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 05:24:28 PM »
Hi Eggy     and Nesty
    This is why we've try and get night flights as it eases any agro either end, and if there is a delay of any kind in Corfu its nice and cool,which we haven't had yet,touch wood !!!!!! also when you get home you can go on the motorways with hardly any traffic.
This year our flight out is 06:00am and the flight back is 23:50pm.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Airport
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 08:50:16 PM »
Paul/Deb5
Thats why we liked to fly on Sundays. It was a very early departure from Bristol ( Dead Quiet ) and a 12 o'clockish Sunday return. We had never seen Corfu Airport so quiet. Thompson/Brittania told us it  was a choice between losing the Sunday Flights or a midweek flight and the midweek flight won! - I have yet to find out where the mid-week flight leaves from.
I still think, and Wendy Egg thinks I am becoming obsessed, that Sunday Flights were withdrawn because most people on these flights were flight only.
Negg

Offline mal/linda

corfu airport
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 11:33:09 PM »
Hi all
corfu airport can be pretty grim at times but i was amazed last year day flight back to liverpool about 3pm with monarch off the coach with cases into checkin no one there, straight through to departures  flight 30 mins early, great this year 25 july only taking hand luggage 4 weeks countdown

Offline mal/linda

flight`s
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 11:53:40 PM »
hi all me again regarding flights would love to go at whit week but there are only night flights on a friday as far as i know nightmare  :cry:  the last one i did had to sit on the beach by the marina hotel till 2am (olympic)  :cry: monday flights great but work commitments stuffed again  :cry:  any help gratefull :lol:

Booking.com