Author Topic: Mathraki  (Read 26433 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Mathraki
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
What worries me is that Thomson's website say they are not available for every week of the remaining season. I wanted to book a cheapie for the last week in October. They are being used to guide punters to more profitable destinations on the Thomson programme. Disgusted Arilliac from Tunbridge Wells.

Oh well, you know it's me.
Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
I dont know why Thomsons say that Phil but try it via Firstchoice website it says they are available in October iv'e just checked
http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Hi
Trying Arillas for the first time and stopping at the  Marthraki Apartments.
The description of the rooms and facilities do not list a kettle.
Are they available in the rooms
Thanks
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
Hi Turkeyfoot,

This is from their webpage at http://www.mathrakistudios.net/index-3.html

lOur studios advantages.
The Mathraki studios are built in a way to keep you cool on the hot summer days and they offer lots of room for your own comfort. They are equipped with almost everything you will need. A fully operational kitchen area with electric water heater for fast coffees or tea, small but functional oven with cooker. There is nothing that will not fit in the large c
osets, two spacious single beds will guarantee you have a nice and peaceful sleep.

The Greek people call kettles, water heaters.

You will have a great time and you will get answers to most questions you may have on this fantastic forum.

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
Thanks

I was looking at the Thomson website details.
Looking forward to our visit on aug 30th
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Nan

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
Hi Turkeyfoot

You will have a fantastic stay at the Mathraki studios. We had a blissful two weeks in June.

They are really well equiped with kettles and stainless steel jugs and little teapots for your brew! Even a lemon squeezer and egg cups ! They also provide tea towels so dont bother packing them. You may need to take mugs if you prefer them to cups.

You will soon be sitting on the balcony having breakfast in the lovely warm sunshine listening to the chickens clucking, I would love to be there myself !!!

Have a lovely time

Cheers Nan xx

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
All sounds very good.
We will be on the naturist beach. I understand there are no sun beds?
Thanks

Offline julied

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »
hi

Could anyone give me the e-mail address for mathraki studios . I have just tried to
send to the address that is on their website but it has just bounced back
Many Thanks

Julie

Offline shellym

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
we have just got back from 2 fantastic weeks at Mathraki studios.We were first timers to Arillas and Mathraki they were very clean lovely size great place lovely owners excellent beer and food. We are hoping to come back next year and would recommend them.x Shelly

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Shelly. Another addict?
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
Julie are you still looking for contact details?

Offline julied

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
Hi Eileen

No I managed to get it but thanks very much.  You are all so kind.

Julie

Offline lew19

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
Hi All,

We stayed at the Mathraki in July. It was our fourth time in Arillas. I have been meaning to write a report of the studios so now is the time.
The studios were excellent, very clean, spacious. Air con was 5 euros per day. It was 20 euros to keep the room on but that was until we left.
Nic and his family are so helpful and work so hard, always available to help. When we arrived Nic and his sister-in-law were there to greet us even though it was 4.00 a.m. They had put us on the top floor, and due to my husbands walking problems we asked to be put on a lower floor and this was done straight away, we are so grateful for this (there are only two floors, the family live on the bottom floor.
The bins are emptied every day, towels changed every other day and beds changed weekly.
 If you want a mug you only need to ask Nic.
Nic's nephew even took us to San Stephanos in his car.(yes we did want to go)

The food is excellent, service excellent, studios excellent,

Overall Mathraki is excellent, I wish we were going back, you will have a geart time

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
Sounds like another glowing report for the Mathraki! Thanks for taking the time to write.

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
Having just returned from the Mathraki apartments, having visited for the first time, I can only say that nothing would stop me from returning again. Nico and all the other members of the ''team'' were friendly and  helpful no matter what time of day (or night).
The rooms were, as in most Greek apartments, basic. What more do you want other than somewhere to sleep? They were clean and tidy and had everything you need for your stay.
We ate at the bar a few nights and had a cooked breakfast before we left, no complaints at all

Booking.com