Author Topic: How busy is it this year  (Read 15853 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: How busy is it this year
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
Mr C.

Yer not wrong.
It has been quieter. Very good for guests but not so good for business.
However, this little sleeoing (mini) giant we call Arillas is beginning to wake up.
( Taken a while to get going but.......... Book yer parking place soon people! )

And.... Get stuck at the Airport? - We always wished for that!

Cheers to you n all
Negg

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 02:18:51 AM »
We thought Arillas looked like a bit of a ghost town when we arrived on 17th May and it stayed pretty quiet for most of our two week stay. However, it was starting to get a little busier when we left (typical, heh??)

We've never been in September before but coming back on the 27th Sept until sometime in October and looking forward very much to being back amongst our friends

We had a 9 hour delay as well (Thomson to Manchester) and not good. I believe that Thomson may have sub let their plane to ferry BA passengers long haul (better money). Our plane flew into Luton from Athens on Monday morning 31st May, and had to then fly up to Manchester, getting new cabin crew in the meantime, before leaving Manchester for Corfu with lots of weary travellers. It then picked up the Manchester-bound weary travellers around 11pm.

Did it put us off??   Not on your nelly!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 02:52:02 AM »
Janis luvver, I sort of sensed the ghost town thing. But May is always one or the other. And viv and Pete were missing.

I am so glad to hear things are hotting up a bit. Like you, I want Arllas to survive this downturn.

Sorry you had such a hard time with travel. But you know already it woud never stop Jen and me. Not on your nelly....

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
Hey Phil, from tomorrow you will counting down in weeks on your ticker!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »
Still seems a lifetime Jo. Especially with all the r**bags who are drinking my Mythos as we speak..... lol!

They all know I don't begrudge them. The more who go the better it will be for all our friends who provide us with our dreams. Last year was bad for them. This one seems even worse. How long can they all survive?

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »
Phil

Twas said once-"If the world is devasted by "A-Bombs" only cockroaches will survive"

They are wrong - The Greeks will survive to get rid of the cockroaches!.

Rumour has it that Greece would have beaten Rome all those years ago if they hadn't decided to attack "AVRIO". - (Good decision, Look what happened to Rome.)

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
Hi Neill.

Twas said once-"If the world is devasted by "A-Bombs" only cockroaches will survive"

They are wrong - The Greeks will survive to get rid of the cockroaches!.

And they have forgotten about Cher. It is widely assumed that coackroaches and Cher (and all her plastic surgery) will survive. Ask Hannah in the Nut about Cher, and Phil making yet another exhibition of himself. She so sympathises with Jen but she dances with me anyway.

My point is that even our Coconut bar is under threat. I have had some wonderful eperiences there. I want many, many more. Please folks, help me keep them viable.

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 10:02:39 PM »
We came back Friday and it was just starting to pick up.  During our week there it was very quiet, not many around any pool and some apartments not even open, it was the same all over Corfu.
We were told that the German Government had told tourists that they travelled to Greece at the own riks so a lot had cancelled.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »
We were told that the German Government had told tourists that they travelled to Greece at the own riks so a lot had cancelled

That's so sad!   We need to get the word out that Greece and her islands is still a very viable proposition for holidays - just look at the wonderful experiences we've all had in our Arillas - and we're all still clamouring to go back for more!

We're looking forward to returning on 27th Sept (and hope and pray that Viv and Pete will be back on that day as well) but our ratbag friends (sorry!) Joan and John who were with us in May have just booked to go back again on 30th August.  Before us! It ain't right!! Only joking - it just proves how much we all love the place

I also feel that the prices are pretty much the same as last year - we ate out every night at different tavernas and the total bill for 4 of us (starter, main course and lots of wine....) varied from 46 euros to 76 euros.  We ate and drank whatever and whenever we wanted - and were always well looked after

Janis x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
46 - 76 euros is a fantastic price for four people. We too found that we could go out, have a wonderful meal with flowing wine & brandys afterwards for a total cost of about 65 euros.
A couple of weekends ago, four of us went out to a lovely country pub to celebrate our friends 50th......the cost at the end of the evening was £150. I know where I'd rather eat!!

Here's an interesting link about tourism & Greece. Worth a read. www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5633137,00.html

Sara

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »
Try a feast of fish at Vavilas. You would be hard pressed to spend that much. Tomas catches it all himself and cooks it too. We will be there at least twice in July. Probably on our own by the sound of it.

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
Janis might get to meet you in September we arrive on the 24th.
Prices are the same as last year as far as I could tell, we actually didn't spend as much as last year which means more spending money for September yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jill XXX

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »
All being well we will see you there Mick and Jill as we arrive in 27th September. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
Well I never!!!!     we also arrive on the 27th. Table 7 and the sardines are ALL MINE. (But I'd be happy to share). We'll have to have a good night out at the Brouklis, that'll put paid to any talk of a quiet end to the season!
                                                  Ivan
PS I re-sent that e-mail 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
Ivan, have never met you but love your Irish attitude. Quiet end??? who said that?? I'm working on my loud last week of the season already. As for sardines, you can have them all. I'll be eating bourdetto and galactoboureko....

Phil
ps - I'm not as crass and loud as my reputation. In truth, I am a a boring ole git who loves Arillas as much as you do.

Booking.com