Can any body confirm if atm in arillas is working or not

many thanks

paul

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: ATM
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
I don't think there is one yet. Can someone who is in Arillas please take a photo of the empty space where the ATM used be :-(

Now, this next pic isn't as daft as it looks. Imagine the mobile ATM arriving in Arillas, like an Ice Cream van.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »
Terry, there isn't an empty space - the hole has been filled in and is now part of the travel office. You would never know it had been there.....
Sandy x

Nan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:47 AM »
Now that's a bad sign! I know they have to make the wall secure for the travel office bu that does seem very permanent. 

I am on the case Terry ... I will take a photo and try to upload it while I am there next week..this will be my task should I choose to accept it. Bit like mission impossible without my computer crib notes!!

I would love to ask the mobile ATM fellas for £50 and a 6d cornet please!

Cheers Nan xx

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »
If you look under the Business Directory, Travel, Arkokal Travel, you will find a pic of the building before the ATM. This is how it looks now.
You can also Google Arkokal Travel, images and you will see pics of before the ATM and with the ATM to compare.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
We could not decide exactly where it had been, as there is now no evidence of it ever having been there. We found the one in San Stef last week but as reported on here is often the case it was out of order. A big loss to Arillas.

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
can somebody please confirm if there is an atm in arilas, if not what are my options....thanks in advance xxx

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
There is currently no ATM in Arillas. Possibly one sometime during the summer to replace the one taken away a couple of months back, but.... San Stef has one, but its hit and miss as to whether its working or has cash in it. Other than that its Sidari.

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:59:46 PM »

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
there are plenty of places to change cash though, if you want to take english money with you, and there are safety deposit boxes to hire around the village
ger x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 05:56:54 PM »
there are several atm,s in the area 1,in san steph at the thomas bay hotel ,2 next to the chemist in avilotes 3 ,in sidari ,and 4 also in agros,but as ger said take cash as there are plenty of exchanges in resort....yammas,was e117 on monday 21st june .yammas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
We were in Arillas for the last two weeks in May and changed our money at Manchester Airport - doh!

Take sterling, Kvarnell, and change it in resort - you'll get a far better rate

Janis x

riggers

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
Yep.....You are right Janis, we got a whopping 1.20 minus the commision of course.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 11:32:09 PM »
Flippin' 'eck, Riggers.....

I don't know whether you heard the story or not but we'd got 1.117 from Crown Currency in May and then Barry lost the currency (on the morning we were due to fly)

I ended up getting 1.035 or similar at Manchester airport.... It averaged 1.16 in Arillas

We won't make that mistake again!!

Janis x

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »
Thanks for all the great advice, is anyone going to Nikos' new bar on the hill? it looks fantastic, cant wait to be back, staying at Kaloudis again...

Booking.com