Author Topic: ATM  (Read 16112 times)

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
Re: ATM
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
I've pre-ordered ours from Crown Currency for August and got 1.19 and free delivery

becky

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Not far to go, then, Kvarnell! Just up the donkey track and turn left! Enjoy your stay at KV!

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:48 PM »
Aaagh! I do wish I'd read this thread before we left. Just went to get some money from the ATM only to find it's not there any more!!!

That is NOT a good thing for Arillas is it?

How reliable is the ATM in San Stefanos then - I don't fancy trekking over there only to find it ain't working and we still have no cash!!

And if it's not working and ou haven't got a car or motor bke, what is the best way to get cash in the local area, assuming like us you didn't bring a sterling mountain or travellers cheques and only have cash cards?

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
John.....Neill to the rescue...he will be along shortly on his white charger to whisk you along to an ATM.

Eileen.x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
In the "bad old days" (2002) I used to get on the bus at 7am from opposite the Coconut and get off in Sidari. Cash took ten minutes, and I sat in the taverna by the bus stop for hours, waiting for the return bus. Whole day basically wasted. Have a word with Eggy. He may be en route past an ATM at some point. Am sure he will help you.

Phil

Maggie

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »
I think the ATM at San stef is ok. It's holiday season, so they should have it topped up. The next nearest is at Avliotes, next to the pharmacy. It may be more reliable, as it's off the tourist route a bit.
I'm not sure how best you would reach these places if you don't have transport tho.
It's well known how I feel about the ATM having been removed from Arillas, and last week, when we went to Sidari for cash, found all 5 machines empty! We had to go to Acharavi, so weren'r too happy.
It is NOT a good thing that Arillas now has no ATM!!!!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
We were in San Stefanos for the last 2 weeks and the machine was working throughout our stay!

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
Eggy did indeed come to our rescue like the 7th cavalry. Thanks Eileen and Neill for being so lovely as always!

The trouble is I now have to be nice to/about Eggy on this forum :-)

The cash machine in San Stefanos was working fine today if anyone needs to know

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 11:34:43 PM »
When we got stuck for cash, and were walking to San Stefanos, Kevin g was our knight in shining armour, and gave me a lift on the back of his scooter.  Then he had to return for Colin.  The cash machine had enough money for me, but another couple used it straight after me, so by the time Colin arrived it was empty!  Ah, happy memories.....

lynn xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
Typical. You got your money and Colin got none. There's a poem in there....

So typical of our kevin.g. What a wonderful family they are. They give, and very rarely take. Jen and me do our best to follow those values, and  that is why we connect so well. BTW kev, I haven't forgotten - it's my round!! Let's hope its soon. YAMMAS!

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »
Yammas indeed!
and it was so good of Eileen/Neil to help our Pommie out.  That's what friends are for

Janis x

Booking.com