Author Topic: WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS  (Read 27942 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
I apologise for another reply to this topic, but I forgot to mention one thing.

sorry to here you live in Denmark but thats not my fault

I don't think there was any need for that comment, and it would be nice to see an apology to Connie.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
I think we are lucky that Arillas has such a choice of places to dine/drink to suit every pocket.

I love chilling out in Ammos, enjoying my well presented drink, the music in the background and the comfortable, surroundings therefore I choose to pay more for it. On the other hand I know Keith would rather pay 1.50 euro in Grazellas for his Mythos...but the most important thing to remember is we have the choice...horses for courses...

In my opinion there isn't any excuse for the condition of the basic facilities in your apartment.  It sounds as though some health and safety measures wouldn't go wrong there.  I'd suggest if the apartments are affiliated to a tour operator to put it in writing before there is an accident.  Fortunately this is not the norm,  I've stayed in many apartments in Arillas and haven't had anything to complain about.

I have to be honest and agree with you about prices in the supermarkets.  I still do a daily small 'shop' in Arillas but I also do a larger supermarket sweep elsewhere.  I just can't justify paying over the odds all the time. 

Times have changed, at one time our holidays were the one time of the year we could splash money around without too much thought as to prices.  As Ang says at home many of us are watching our pennies and suffice to say many of us are now watching our euros more closely on holiday too.  It pays to shop around.

Eileen.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 12:57:24 PM »
I agree Terry, that comment caused a sharp intake of breath. Heat of the moment and the written word are sometimes not such good bed fellows.

Gary

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »
Heat of the moment and the written word are sometimes not such good bed fellows.

That is so true Gary and I put my hand up to say that I am guilty of it at times. I guess I wear my heart on my sleeve and my passion for Arillas takes over common sense sometimes. :-(

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Censorship (if that’s what you want to call it) Mr Ccurtis, should be used on posts that are an exaggeration of the facts. It’s like News of the World Journalism.

If you like to go out for a good meal [ and there`s plenty of places to go to ] but don`t mind paying dear for a drink with it 9/10 e  for ltr of wine, 4.50 for baileys or whiskey, soft drinks are more expensive 3.50/4.50 e for coke lite or 7.50 e for sprte.

You make it sound as if every taverna in Arillas charges these prices.

If you don`t mind the narrow roads being used as a race track by young and sometimes not so young drivers with cars or bikes that have no silencers fitted.

We have all been to Arillas and know that this an exaggeration.

If you don`t mind walking down a road that has a metal bar sticking out of the ground to a hight of 2 inches/50mm. forming a bad trip hazard. [ outside Akti ] or deep concrete ditches that you could break a leg trying to get out of the way of a young driver who thinks it`s alright not to give you room to walk.

I could do a Risk Assessment of roads in Greece and in the UK and find examples like this. Thats if I wanted to!!!!!!!!!!

If you don`t mind staying in an appartment where the drains smell ,the electric switches and sockets are falling off the walls and bare wires are taped up with insulating tape. and the shower only has warm smelly water if the sun shines, and the basins have no plugs.

If the room was this bad, why don't you name the establishment to help people who may be going there soon? Or are you scared that we will find out that this is another exaggeration?

If you don`t mind paying double for items in the super markets compared to those in Sidari or Archaravi  ie: 21 e for a bottle of whisky in Arillas 11 e in Archaravi other food items are the same comparision

Was it the same Whiskey? Give us more examples to show where prices are double.

It is beyond me why you would want to publish this and then say you would still go back. People on this forum have villas in Arillas and you could have put someone off booking already.

I am sorry Mr C curtis censorship of Cr** is required.
  Terry yours is the most aggresive and blinkerd and a bit silly reply I`ve seen on this forum using swear words to get your piont across is unnessesary and a bit childish. As for asking am I scared it promps me to ask how old are you. If you intend to do a risk assesment on the roads could you start with the one that takes you from the top of Arillas to agg: Sefanos. Keeping quiet would not get things sorted out or repaired for residents and visitors alike , we all like going to Arillas but we are entiled to feel safe. P.S.please forgive any spelling mistakes as this seems to upset some people more than the piont in question.
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
Now now people, lets all be nice eh.  Mr Curtis is entitled to his opinion and thats what a forum should be all about. No I dont agree with lots of his points and it always dismays me when we get negative posts about somewhere we love so much but thats not to say that his opinions aren't valid. 

Anyone thinking of going to Arillas only has to look at the rest of this site to see thousands of glowing reviews so I'm sure that one negative post is not going to make that much difference.

Take if from me, and I was threatened TWICE from one 'lovely' lady on here, its not nice to receive a backlash like this and all because he posted a few gripes.  If we carry on we are in danger of being that biased clique that we were accused of once :-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »
I am 61 Chris,  I don't think Cr** is a swear word and your spelling doesn't bother me at all.

Lastly with regards to the following
Keeping quiet would not get things sorted out or repaired for residents and visitors alike
, can we assume that you have contacted the local Authorities to "get things sorted out"?

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »
Now now people, lets all be nice eh.  Mr Curtis is entitled to his opinion and thats what a forum should be all about. No I dont agree with lots of his points and it always dismays me when we get negative posts about somewhere we love so much but thats not to say that his opinions aren't valid.  

Anyone thinking of going to Arillas only has to look at the rest of this site to see thousands of glowing reviews so I'm sure that one negative post is not going to make that much difference.

Take if from me, and I was threatened TWICE from one 'lovely' lady on here, its not nice to receive a backlash like this and all because he posted a few gripes.  If we carry on we are in danger of being that biased clique that we were accused of once :-)

Wise words Jo.

I've been to many resorts in Greece and I could go on about the bad points forever. Isn't it strange how quick we are to damn but very slow to praise.
Surely little problems are to be expected (even in this country) but what you should do is look at the overall holiday experience rather than be biased by some niggles.

Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

ceefacts

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:34 PM »
Right for my part in this subject if i have caused offence to any individual im sorry , as most on here i find it hard to accept that anywhere in Arillas is in such a bad state (rose tinted glasses and all that), but i think the conversation is getting out of hand .... Mr_Ccurtis' has every right to offer his views , and im sure i speak for Terry , Connie and a few others when i say we would like to know where the apartment was so that as lovers of Arillas we can follow it up and hope to help the owners rectify the problems etc......
Im glad Chris ended his first post with the fact he would return to Arillas , he sounds like he caught the same 'bug' as all of us have , so lets take a more positive look at what points he made and see what we can all do to help solve the situation .......
Some things are inevitable, some things we will have no control over ..... but what i do know is we are all passionate about Arillas , so lets put the handbags down .... appologise for any aggressive posts that were made with all good intentions , and do our bit to help
I will be there on the 24th June and will speak to Spiro at the Akti and see what we can do about the offending bar ..... but will need more details on the rest if im able to help .

Mike

Offline lynchan

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
what apartments did you stay in

Offline samuel13

Re: Posting on the Forum
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
Hello to everyone who is an Arillas addict like me, I have just read Mr C Curtis's review of Arillas and agree that it paints a bad picture of this little piece of Heaven on Earth, I love the place, and look forward every year to spending a week in Arillas, last year we tried San Stefanos but did not enjoy it as much as Arillas, so this year we are back again, staying for the first time at Tria Adelphia. When you are on holiday and enjoying yourselves, money does not really come in to it. I find Cornwall more expensive than Corfu.  I am flying over on the 21st June for  a week and both myself and my husband cannot wait. See you all on the 21st June.
Samuel 13
PALEO

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Cornish Chris
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:01 PM »
I am 61 Chris,  I don't think Cr** is a swear word and your spelling doesn't bother me at all.

Lastly with regards to the following
Keeping quiet would not get things sorted out or repaired for residents and visitors alike
, can we assume that you have contacted the local Authorities to "get things sorted out"?

you can assume what you like Terry , It is said that woman always have the last word and anything else said is the start of a new argument. .Assuming you are male perhaps we should drop this now . If you are in Arillas in september you could buy me a pint and would take the time to put right on a few things.
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Cornish Chris
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »
Now now people, lets all be nice eh.  Mr Curtis is entitled to his opinion and thats what a forum should be all about. No I dont agree with lots of his points and it always dismays me when we get negative posts about somewhere we love so much but thats not to say that his opinions aren't valid. 

Take if from me, and I was threatened TWICE from one 'lovely' lady on here, its not nice to receive a backlash like this and all because he posted a few gripes.  If we carry on we are in danger of being that biased clique that we were accused of once :-)
  You seem very sensible Jo thanks for your reply.
CORNISH CHRIS

ceefacts

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
Can we assume by your childish response Chris that everything has to be your way , you raised points , forum members replied ....... we are trying to stop the nasty undertones of this post and you are just carrying things on ..... can we just know the facts of where you stayed etc , that at least will give some us something to work with instead of reading very unhelpful posts. I have to say the two of you (Chris & Terry) are sounding like two kids in a playground ,  Chris you bought the points up in the hope things would get sorted , nothing is getting sorted like this ......

to finish with , if you have nothing helpful or constructive to say ..... zip it !!!!!!

riggers

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »
OOOOHHHHHH i am sitting here in the coconut with a lovely ice cool glass of Mythos (sorry peeps) and i am loving every minute of our 10th visit  :)  :D

Yammas.

riggers.

Booking.com