« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »
Where is Graziela please

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: TOP 3
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »
Opposite end of the sea front to Kaloudis. Past Thalassa and Mirage. It has the main building on the left and a glorious place to be the other side of the road. Sea Breeze is next to it just before the corner and Bardis.

Hope this helps
Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »
I agree Efi's is one of the most authentic.  Just love their spaghetti with mushrooms, best pasta meal I've ever had anywhere!

I remember Phil saying never make lists because you always miss someone out, and I have just proved him right!  Can't believe I left the Mirage out of my list - enjoyed a great meal there last night too...

Only trouble is we need 4 weeks here to do them all justice!!  And only 3 more evenings...  Aarrgghhhh!!

lynn xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
Just a reminder of Efi's.....

Lovely and cool on a hot day.....        Enjoy!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »
Lovely pic Janis. And the food is very good too. What more could you want?

Phil

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:22 AM »
On 6th visit last yr went to Effs for a meal for the first time....loved it so much that we did 5 visits in 14days! Relaxed aptmosphere great views...cannot believe I had never eaten there b4!!! I hope to visit again...maybe this yr maybe next. I have had a bit of a year...a few on the forum already know..my marriage imploded after 25yrs on Dec 28th...out of the blue and I am still somewhat bewildered.
I have however picked myself up and dusted myself down and have a 'boyfriend' can one say 'boyfriend' at 49!!! I cannot imagine a year without Arillas and am considering a week early Oct by myself....any ladies that have visited by themselves would love to hear from you...think I am brave enough...but not sure...if I take lots of books so I do not l;ook like Georgia no mates when eating by myself think I may be fine????

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
my marriage imploded after 25yrs on Dec 28th...out of the blue and I am still somewhat bewildered.
I have however picked myself up and dusted myself down and have a 'boyfriend' can one say 'boyfriend' at 49!!! I cannot imagine a year without Arillas and am considering a week early Oct by myself....any ladies that have visited by themselves would love to hear from you...think I am brave enough...but not sure...if I take lots of books so I do not l;ook like Georgia no mates when eating by myself think I may be fine????

Oh my stars!!! I hope you are ok now and it must of been hell of a proverbial hedge that you have been squeezed through in the past six months!

I have visited Arillas by myself as has Mary. You will never have be alone unless you choose to. I stayed in Brouklis and I ate by myself most nights in Armourada and Brouklis and no akwardness there.

I can heartily recommend traveling alone and Mary can confirm the healing properties of Arillas.
Life is good ;)

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »
Hi Georgia
Poor you but glad things are on the up for and like Erja I go to Arillas on my own I can definately reccomend it. This May was my 3rd solo  visit, you will be perfectly safe and you will never need to be alone, well only if you choose. Arillas certainly  has healing properties. like Erja says we totally agree.  So you go for it. The healing effect lasts too. As it puts all the rubbish at home into perspective so you go for it
Take Care
Love
Mary :)

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »
my top 3 :-

1. brouklis

1. portofino

1. atki

1. rainbow

:-)

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »
Hi Georgia. Enjoy a totally relaxing time. xx
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Georgia luvver, a lot of wisdom and experience in these posts. Mary, Martin, JC and Erja never look like "no-mates." But the choice is yours if you want it, like our Mary says. So sad you have had such a rough time, but you have now embarked on the rest of your life. And Arillas is the launch pad I would choose if it were me.

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:44 AM »
I always travel on my own, Georgia,
and never feel alone!

Especially in Arillas and Corfu in general it's your own
choice whether you want company or not, everyone is
friendly and want you to feel comfortable, but they will
also leave you alone if you need a quiet time.

Best wishes
Connie x

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
Our favourite three are
Thalassa
Eftixhia's
Graziella,
it's not just the fantastic food but the locations and the great views, watching the sunset from Thalassa with a karafaki, or sitting in Efi's with a jug of wine and watching the world go by. I can't believe it's only a week since we were there, it seems so far away now.

I could not believe how few people used Eftixhia's, it was the first place to become one of our regulars. The first time we went there Efi was in college, and Katerina served us. As Katerina has very little english we ordered in Greek, received exactly what we ordered, and fell in love with the place. I'm glad to say that this year it was busier than I've ever seen it before. For anyone who hasn't been there I'd certainly recommend it.

We went to Effies twice in June very busy both nights great food Effie makes you sowelcome , back SEPT !

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Top 3 are

1.  Vavilas
2.  Portofino
3.  All the rest!

Sharon x

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
Top 3

1. Kostas
2. Rainbow
3. All the others, not had a bad meal anywhere.
SHEILA

Booking.com