Author Topic: TOP 3  (Read 23404 times)

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
TOP 3
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:17:32 PM »
We all now Arillas has some wonderfull eating places but which are your FAVORITE TOP 3 for good honest greek cooking hear are mine.

1. Brouklis     [ if its good enough for Rick Stien then its good enough for me ]

2. Efthia`s      [ good greek food, good greek views ]

3.  Marina       [ always good food, always good to chat with George ]
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: TOP 3
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:13:16 PM »
My top 3 in no particular order Brouklis, Thalassa, Graziella, Vavilas, Portofino, Kostas on the Beach, Rainbow, Captain's, Marina, Stekis, Tria.... er haven't got a top three - I love eating in all of them!

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
MMMm...food! As Phil has said I couldnt possibly narrow it down to just 3! We tend to have favourite dishes at different places. I love all those that you mention Mr C, we tried Eftheis lasy year for the first time and it was just gorgeous.  A lovely traditional taverna, just perfect for sipping wine and snacking on breads and tziki (sorry for rubbish spelling!).

I just love Spiro's Stifado at Portifino, the divine lamb and Moussaka at Brouklis, Penelope's chicken at Thalassa, the pastisada at Marina....I could go on and on...ok. now I'm starving!!

Offline dicky mint

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »
Never having eaten in Arillas before, tell me where I can find the best Greek roast potatoes, not too salty, not at all crispy and a compliment to roast chicken or (more likely) Lamb.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »
Brouklis
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »
Correct Sandy!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »
Last summer we went to Efithia's for the first time too Jo. We were the only customers, but what a lovely, truly Greek meal. Our BlondeGirl (where is she now??????) posted about it and that prompted us to have a go.

It can be quite daunting with the "marble staircase" of a frontage, and no in-yer-face menu boards out front. It is next to Marinaki, and near Kaloudis and it is one of Arillas' hidden treasures.

If we can fit it in, we will be there again in July. Two weeks is just not enough.....

Phil

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »
1 Kostas on the beach

2 Thalassa

3 Portofino

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »
Each to their own and here is my favourite top 3 and the rest of the restaurants in Arillas are a perfectly good joint no.4's

1. Armourada

2. Brouklis

3. Thalassa

Life is good ;)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
We ate mainly at Marina this time, the food was gorgeous couldn't fault it although Kiki's cooking at Portofino is also spot on.

jill
Jill XXX

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »
Phil - the specials board for Efthyxia is at the side entrance - we found that out this year! Also, it was open for the first time this year when we were there and what a gem of a place! Wonderful!
We always have our first and last meal at Brouklis (and many more in between); we enjoyed Horizon, Portofino, Kostas on the Beach, but strangely enough didn't go to Thalassa which I've always loved in the past.  The specials board didn't appeal, although it's probably due to being so early in the season.
We're staying at Horizon next time so will definitely be trying Thalassa again.
Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
Janis luvver - first, last who cares. Roula's cooking is legendary. Brouklis is obviously top of the pile, but I was sincere when I said I don't have a top three. My biggest problem is choosing between them all.

But Graziella is our favourite place to spend the afternoon. We always sit looking out over Gravia, with mezes, red wine and Mythos. People come and go. Gravia sits majestically in the background. We wallow in memories, nibbling whatever we have on the table. Time just passes by and we renew the love we feel for each other. It is pure magic.

Thalassa will always be in our hearts. It was the first taverna we were welcomed in, on our first visit to Arillas. Yannis was so amazingly kind to us, as was "little" Spiros. So much has happened since. But we will be back, very soon after we arrive.

I'd better shut up now. As everyone on here knows I can go on and on and on about my idea of heaven.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 03:39:17 AM »
its really bizarre but in 12 years of visiting Arillas we have never yet visited Graziella.  I think its because we always felt a little intimidated by the guy who tries to entice you in! Silly reason and one we will right this year! just realised that I never mentioned Horizon! why oh why seeing as it ranks in out top 2! Beautiful setting, nice wine glasses (!)lovely ambience and delicious food with the very best Pina Colada in the village (just dont tell Perry andf Kosta!)

Offline lew19

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
We also love Efthyxia with our second being Portofino, I love Grandma's lamb, maybe because I am one, A grandma not a lamb.  We would be struggling to name a third as we love them all so much.
Can anyone tell me where Graziella is please, we are in Arillas in July as would love to give it a try?
I notice Justphil and Jen that you will be there the same time as us, hopefully we will bump into you

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »
Graziella is next to the Sea breeze right on the beachfront, gorgeous location and view to die for.

Booking.com