Author Topic: TOP 3  (Read 23409 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: TOP 3
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Have no worries about coming over to us for a chat lew19. We are quite easy to recognise. Ageing hippies is what they would call us.

If you want a really special meal in Graziella, try the garlic prawns. To die for....

Phil

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
Our favourite three are
Thalassa
Eftixhia's
Graziella,
it's not just the fantastic food but the locations and the great views, watching the sunset from Thalassa with a karafaki, or sitting in Efi's with a jug of wine and watching the world go by. I can't believe it's only a week since we were there, it seems so far away now.

I could not believe how few people used Eftixhia's, it was the first place to become one of our regulars. The first time we went there Efi was in college, and Katerina served us. As Katerina has very little english we ordered in Greek, received exactly what we ordered, and fell in love with the place. I'm glad to say that this year it was busier than I've ever seen it before. For anyone who hasn't been there I'd certainly recommend it.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »
Me too Dai. It can seem daunting but once you have walked up the steps, you will have a lovely meal. But like I have said before, the food is to die for everywhere in Arillas. Jen just ordered me the next size up in trousers. And I haven't been yet. Hope they still fit by the end of July.

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
I'm like Phil here, do I have a top 3 or not?  Well, I love Eftixia, Kostas on the Beach, Graziella, Vavillas, Horizon, Armourada, Marina and the Captains....

But okay, if pushed:
Top 3:  Brouklis, Thalassa and Portofino.

lynn xx

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
have never tried eftixia, to tell the truth it always looked closed, and we didnt like to venture up the steps! our favourtie places are graziellas and brouklis and horizon
perhaps we should give the others a go this year, have heard good reports about vivallis?? any tips???
ger x

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »
Eftihia is the perfect place for a drink or meal on a hot day. Up there under the shade of Eftihia's bamboo canopy, high above street and sea level, wafted by a gentle sea breeze, you can enjoy the genuine atmosphere and a stunning view over the lovely garden to the sea.
But, Eftihia, could you PLEASE place a large "Open" (or "Closed") sign down by the gateposts on the promenade!!!
Emeralddragons

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »
Good point, Emeralddragons - it can sometimes look (quite wrongly) unapproachable...

But anyone who's reading this MUST give it a try - you'll be back!

Janias x

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
Good point, Emeralddragons - it can sometimes look (quite wrongly) unapproachable...

But anyone who's reading this MUST give it a try - you'll be back!

Janias x

Yes Janis you are right about it looking unapproachable. This may well be why we passed Efi's by everyday when staying at Kaloudis last September. Will give it a try next May though.

Top 3. We do not have one as we enjoyed the food in all the places we went to. Did have a soft spot for Thomas and his wonderful fish.  Jan loved the huge prawns in Graziella and she hasa picture of them as the wallpaper on her mobile. 
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
I agree that Efthyxia need to put something to show that it is open, It almost looks like a house, but half of me thinks that they just love the quiet steady stream of customers and rely on word-of-mouth.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 03:56:49 PM »
I've never had a bad meal in arillas, but particularly like: the spit roast lamb at tria adelphia (sunday special), sofrito and soutzoukakia at kaloudis and anything at kostas.

Offline annemarsh

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
I've never had a bad meal in arillas, but particularly like: the spit roast lamb at tria adelphia (sunday special), sofrito and soutzoukakia at kaloudis and anything at kostas.

I could have written this myself but I think a top 3 is impossible! I would have to add:
Brouklis - any of the specials
Marina hotel - grilled prawns on 'Greek dancing night'
Graziella - anything at sunset
George's mum's spinacopita
and so-on, and so-on.....

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
I thought Efi`s would prove popular for those who have tried it , after all these years of going to Arillas we went there for the first time this May after it was stongly recomended by friends, and we loved it. I will let you all into a secret if you  have room for a sweet after your generous meal ask for mam-mas chocolate brownies they are not on the menu but they are always available, I`ve not got a sweet tooth but to coin  a phrase  THEY ARE TO DIE FOR. If you are a chocoholic you will be in heaven. If you find the high steps at the front a bit daunting go up the road to the right hand side and go in the side entrance it`s a lot easier.wonderfull people, wonderfull food, wonderfull view.   If you havent tried Efi`s` yet do your self a favour and try it, You wont regret it..
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »
Hi Jo! Thomas at Gratsela is quite enthusiastic, but with reason. The food is fantastic. Angelica his mum is the cook, and Thomas, Vasalli and Spiros her three sons work hard to let everyone know how good the food is! Costas (dad) always has a good selection of fresh caught seafood on the menu, and the view of the sunset every night as you enjoy the meal is so relaxing, with the sound of the waves breaking on the beach. Give it a try, they have a good 'specials' board usually a choice of three, three course meals for €9.50, and an extensive main menu, you will find the food and the warm and friendly service from the whole family excellent.
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
But, Eftihia, could you PLEASE place a large "Open" (or "Closed") sign down by the gateposts on the promenade!!!
Emeralddragons

I think Efi's is the most traditional place in Arillas. A sign would be too much moving away from tradition, this year they have placed a menu by the first step, which is the first time I've seen one there.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
Let's not forget Night Owl.....definitely my dad's number 1.....and that's not just Linda!
Sandy x

Booking.com