Author Topic: TOP 3  (Read 23405 times)

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
Re: TOP 3
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »

Since my first visit in 2007 my favourite has been Armourada,
my second choise will be Gratziela and Horizon,
then there is... and then there is... we could all go on and on, couldn't we?!!!

Like Sharon and Sheila said: All the rest, never had a bad meal anywhere!!

Connie x

riggers

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Brouklis

Portofino

All the rest.

Great meals in all...

riggers.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
For the first 9 years we only ever ate at Portofino (felt obliged to with staying with Spiro) but since we have started staying at other places think my favourite 3 are Marina, Bouklis and Portofino.  Only ever had 2 bad meals since we started going but have to say not in any of the above mentioned.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline fishski

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »
OK, our top 3 would be:

1. Brouklis. Always amazed at the authenticity and the genuine hospitality. Last year on our first night Dimitris remembered us from a previous holiday and came and chatted to us for five minutes at the end of our meal even though the place was rammed with people. It's touches like that which really make the difference.

2. Vavilas. Discovered this place last year and my favourite fish restaurant I've ever been to. My wife is another who swears by the quality of the swordfish.

3. Thalassa. I could have picked pretty much any of the waterfront restaurants where the location and sunset are as good as the food.

The quality of food is outstanding in Arillas I have to say. We ate out last year for all 14 nights and only 1 meal was less than outstanding - and that was still OK!

Looking forward to rolling up to Brouklis again soon. Only another 18 sleeps now.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

3. Thalassa. I could have picked pretty much any of the waterfront restaurants where the location and sunset are as good as the food.

Not strictly for this topic but I'm sure you won't mind me asking. Has anyone been to Thalassa very recently. If so is Stathis still there?

Thanks
Dai

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »
Dai luvver/mate (delete as applicable) we have a strong emotional connection with Thalassa. Stathis served us well in 2009, and we always chatted with him. He is one of our Arillas memories.... But much more missed are Yiannis and Litsa. We seriously miss them.

We will be saying an emotinal hello to Spiros in a few days time. And we will enjoy a fabulous meal cooked by Spiros' mum while we are in Arillas. But Mykonos is special. Yiannis and Litsa will make it there. yes Litsa darling, PihlandJen still remember and love yous.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
When we visited Thalassa a few weeks back, Spiros said that Yiannis and Litsa were living in Sidari.  They are trying to set up a restaurant on another island.  i think it was Paxos.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
Just got back yesterday and our favorites by times we visited during the evening were:

Akti (4) We were staying there but the food was wonderful
Brouklis (3) great as always
Horizon (3) lovely food
Costas (2) good food and excellent service
Ammos (1) Lovely
Thalassa (1) lovely but very quiet????

Booking.com