Author Topic: Price of sunbeds  (Read 11678 times)

Offline condor

Price of sunbeds
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »
 I've just had a couple of friends come back from Ibiza, who said they had hiked up their charges on the beach, and were asking punters to fork out 6 euros EACH for sunbed and umbrella - 18 euros for a couple for a day. Please tell me that this is not happening in Arillas, as we tend to spend every day on the beach, and any year on year increase over the last few years have been minimal. We'll be over in July/August, and wonder how the financial problems in Europe generally, Greece in particular, might impact upon local economies like Arillas. Condor

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Price of sunbeds
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »
Not sure of this season because we do not go for another three weeks.
Lats summer North side of the beach was 7.5 euro for 2 beds and aumbrella (same as the previous year) 

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
Not sure of this season because we do not go for another three weeks.
Lats summer North side of the beach was 7.5 euro for 2 beds and aumbrella (same as the previous year) 

Last week it was the same price, 2.5 euros per item. We don't use them but the prices are shown on signs around the beach

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »
Even that is a least two pints of Mythos John. Five pints in the price-war zone. Just spread your towel and lay on the sand.... And drink the difference. Oh well, that's me but I respect others' needs.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
You may know or you may not know, but a reminder that these guys have to rent a part of the beach from the local council before they can trade.
And... Many new brollies and beds are in view. - Mega bucks over here!

Business depends on the weather and each "renter" takes their part of the beach very seriously indeed.- A bit of raking and a bit of litter clearing etc.

Personnaly we don't stay on the beach long enough to justify the costs but if you're planning a 1/2 or 3/4 day "easy taking" then it has to be worth the money.
( Even if it only keeps sand out of the underwear )
And.... Don't forget you can leave a few items on the beds, go for a meal and return later for another bit of infra-red.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
Eggy mate, I always go North, so
( Even if it only keeps sand out of the underwear )
never applies to me.

Funny though how the sand builds up in the shower, wherever I stay.....

Phil

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
Our neighbours have just come back from Ibiza and were charged £7.00 per sunbed!!

The most we paid in Arillas was 12 euros for 3 sunbeds and an umbrella but that was only because nobody had enough change and we thought it was a good price anyway for a full day, so were happy to pay it.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »
Funny though how the sand builds up in the shower, wherever I stay.....

Ha ha Phil - I enjoyed that comment! lol

We never stay in one place long enough to warrant using a sunbed. We love to paddle (!!) and just walk up and down the length of the beach. I kid myself that it's exercise and I must be losing weight......

Janis x

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »
Not sure on the prices as 2 years ago we stayed for 4 weeks.  So, off I went to Sidari and purchased a sunbed for 35 euro.  Last year it survived 3 weeks, and hopefully part of this years 3 week break.  Well worth it. Not long now, looking forward to a well earned break

Offline simo

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »
Just got back home after 10 days in Arillas, got to agree with Eggy on this subject, the girls who run the sunbeds ( Angella and Rula ) have been doing a fantastic job for years and the fee they have to pay to the powers that be for the rental of the beach is huge, they did tell me but I won't repeat it here.

7.50 euros for 2 beds and 2 brollies and a table, ashtray too if needed is great value in my book for as well as a bit of comfort and shade you are supporting local people by putting a bit of cash in the pot as some other nationalitys have a culture of throwing  a rolled up mat on the beach , which is there choice by the way.

Come on , The good people of Arillas need us ...Get  Off me soap box now, great holiday too, hope to go back end of August.

Cheers Chris.
" LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS"

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 05:01:32 PM »
7.50 is excellent value. Previous years have seen us spending 15euros/day on the beach when paying out for 2 teenagers to have beds aswell so 7.50 will seem very reasonable this year.

Also bear in mind how much does it cost in the UK for a day out at the seaside?? where sun, clean beaches & lovely clear sea are not guaranteed?
7.50 good value I am sure you will agree.

Karen
x

Offline Gino

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »
Rent a car on day one, Go to dellias in sidari,buy a sun bed for 20 euros, have a day out in the car , save 50 euros taxi fron the airpost and enjoy the beech, pass the bed on when u are done, simple as !!!!

Booking.com