Author Topic: Our Arillas Curriculum Vitae (CV for short)  (Read 10269 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Our Arillas Curriculum Vitae (CV for short)
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:08 PM »
I thought it would be lovely to read everyone's Arillas history. Hope y'all join in.

Jen and me bought a cheapie allocate on arrival holiday. Lorna, the rep (put your stuff away Goerge) made us feel great. But she didn't have to try. I said on day two "Have I died and gone to heaven?" 10 years later I am the same.

my Arillas CV-

Places stayed:
Elena studios
Alekos Sgouros
Kaloudis
Anna Studios
Elena Stella
Brouklis

Places eaten?
Nearly everywhere.
Graziella garlic prawns are No 1

Favourite place?
Thalassa.

Favourite people? None. We hate them all.  Believe that and you'll believe anything.

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
Re: Our Arillas Curriculum Vitae (CV for short)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
I will indeed join in Phil, just gathering all my thoughts and memories.
Lindypops.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:02:47 AM »
Places stayed - May 2007, May 2009, May 2010 - all three times at Kaloudis Village. (we missed 2008 as our youngest daughter got married)

Sept/Oct 2010 will be at Horizon Hotel, Arillas

Favourite places to eat: Love most of them, although have a few favourites - Brouklis, Horizon, Thalassa, Kostas and Portofino

Favourite people: so far almost everyone we've met!

Reason for change of location: none whatsoever!

Janis x

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »
We have been in Arillas in the autumn of 2006, 2008 and 2009, on package tours, staying at the Horizon. We have always been treated as old friends, even on that first visit!
Staying so near the sea is fascinating, and often at night I wake up just to go out on the balcony to see and hear the sea in its many different moods. The rooms are well isolated, so the sound never disturbs one's sleep.
Unfortunately, there are no tours from Finland to Arillas anymore, though there are tours to other resorts. We two will certainly return anyway, but new Finnish visitors to Corfu are unlikely to find Arillas.
Each time we promise ourselves to try out new restaurants, but somehow we mostly find ourselves returning to the same two or three, feeling so at home.
Emeralddragons

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:06 AM »
I'm going to make a few notes before I post Phil....great idea this thread! Didn't realise that you had been visiting Arillas for 10 years...same as us!!!
gaygo

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:58:47 AM »
Places we have stayed,2009,2010,kaloudis.2011 kaloudis again,each and everyone of them have become like family to us.                                                                                                                              Enjoyed meals at.grazilla ,portafino,sea breeze,marina,horizon,helens,kostas.But i do have a soft spot for splish splash.great food fantastic people what more could you ask for.                                         

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »
We have stayed at:-

Kaloudis (twice)
Marina Apts
Tria Adelphia
Bakery
Irene Villas
Charisis
MARINAKI - LOADS of times and the only place from now on!

First discovered Arillas like you Phil, via Accom on arrival.  Needless to say it made quite an impression :-)

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:55 AM »
Apologies for some repetition here : We visited San Stefanos in 2001 for a week with our girls and their (and our) friend Maria. She had never travelled abroad before and we chose Corfu as both Nigel and I had visited in our younger days and had adored it. Indeed if things had turned out differently I could well now be married to Alekos a great guy from Doukades!

Maria had a blast...really enjoyed everything about the island. We travelled a lot, as far as Messonghi and to other places also.

14 days after our return, Maria died....unexplainable sudden adolescent death syndrome....we were all devastated.

The following year we really needed a holiday....my dad had died suddenly 2 weeks after Maria, so off we went to our local Travel Agent for a late booking.

We were offered Corfu and thought hmmm not sure about that, but perhaps it's meant to be.

Arillas they suggested. Well neither of us had heard of it despite being VERY familiar with the island we thought! We decided to go for it. Accommodation was at Vavillas.

We arrived at three in the morning having spent 3 hours in a coach dropping off and thought oh my God what have we done? We had 2 teenage girls and all we could hear was a lonesome cockerel and all that we could see was miles of farm land!

NEXT MORNING wow....we were in heaven!

We have been back every year apart from 2004 when we went to Portugal saying every day....you've guessed it!!!! WISH THAT WE WERE IN ARILLAS!  
gaygo

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:02 AM »
ANYWAY....places to eat: Brouklis....our most favourite.........great hosting and delicious food
                                     Vavillas......love the fact that Thomas shows you his dad's early morning catch in the kitchen!

Thalassa
Effie's don't be put off by the daunting stairs!
Sea Breeze and Mirage.......relaxing lunches
gaygo

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:33:09 AM »
Ah, Gaye what a heart rending story! Its like Arillas was your fate xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »
I remember Maria's story Gaye - still sends a shiver down my spine. But I am so pleased she had that wonderful Corfu holiday first......
Sandy x

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:06 PM »
We first came to arillas in 1998 on our honeymoon and have made an annual visit since. We booked our first visit just a couple of days before the wedding and travelled the day after we were married. It cost £179 each for two weeks! we have stayed at Makris (twice), Tria adelphia (four times), Nikos (once), Kaloudis (three times including once in Roula's private apartments and once in the lovenest)- I must be missing somewhere though as that's only 10!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
Here goes mine:

Guest in Arillas:

1992 - Weekly day off day trip destination during summer season (escape from Corfu town)
1993 - Weekly day off day trip destination during summer season (escape from Corfu town)
2007 - Tropicana
2008 - Brouklis
2009 - Brouklis

Favourite tavernas in Arillas:

Armourada
Brouklis
Thalassa
And the rest...

Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 08:51:52 PM »
Erja, where were you between 1993 and 2007?
Sandy x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
Something like Thessaloniki - London - Japan - London - Finland - London

I was living from two suitcases for few years at the time :)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com