Author Topic: Whats New??  (Read 8390 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Whats New??
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »
For all of those who have been or are currently there, what, if anything is new this year?

I believe we have a fancier jetty and of course Niko's fab looking new place but is there anything else, ir has anything disappeared? Is the house next door to the Marinaki completed yet?

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Whats New??
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
We came back on saturday, and there didn't seem to be any big changes. The house next to marinaki still isn't finished and nor was niko's place. The beach end of the jetty has been tarted up, but the rest is still as treacherous. The south end of the beach had sand and the north did not. porto Timoni was unusually busy this year. Billy the kid had plenty of late nights serving me (us), and we (I) had a slight accident on the balcony of billie's "lovenest" leading to a small fire!
john

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
My god! Fire on Billy's balcony! I bet there was hell to pay! he used to terrorise us for pool water on the grass! yikes!

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
C shells has changed to Anastasias but still sells the same stuff. Apart from that everything is the same! Oh, and that place next to georges has more vines in. It looks like a cannabis farm ha ha. (arillas inn?)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 03:41:01 AM »
Elena's Taverna is now open - past Bardis Sun and at the bottom of the first road up to Afionas.

Janis x

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
hink your talking about the same place as we used to get our beach picnics and airport take away meals.
It wasn't in open for very long as Perry got an offer he couldn't refuse.
Why didn't  Eggy and I go into partnership? in his own words" he would drink profits and it would have taken me to long to get to work every day.
We knew then that it would be a succesfull project for somebody and wish Elena all the best. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »
Last year in September we noticed a house being built more or less opposite the Bardis Sun. Used to watch progress as we did our daily circuit. They had just put in the footings for a roadside wall when we left.

Has it been finished?
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Maggie

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Helens taverna is opposite Mon Amour appartments. Artemis bar, further up the road is still closed.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
Alan and Jan - it's certainly built because we commented on it (thought I'd taken a pic but can't find it - sorry)

From memory I don't think it's finished completely though

Janis x

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Sad to hear that C Shells has gone.

We will miss Michelle, she is a lovely girl.

John

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »
michelle aka c/shells is still in arillas as she was spotted out and about when we were there as to what she is doing now i do not know.

tony

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:52:13 AM »
jo ..i changed sunbeds .lol.yammas its bloody lovely who wangs change,,,,yammas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:54 AM »
Kevin - you do make me smile!

Janis x

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
Jo, Billy the greek was surprisingly relaxed about it! The fire reduced my already thinning hair, before destroying the table on the balcony and leaving a molten mess on the tiled balcony. I was a little drunk and tried to put the fire out with my hands, before giving up and throwing my wine at it, then getting a bowl of water. Those citronella candles are dangerous when drunks are around!
Billy did say he often sets fire to himself when falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth, so perhaps he had some sympathy.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »
justlove the image of Billy dozing off with fag in mouth, setting fire to his chair. We connected immediately, and he always recognises us. Don't think we've got to first names yet, but we will.

P h i l....

Booking.com