Author Topic: Whats New??  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Whats New??
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
Where was little Fivo the dog at the time? He's usually with Billy....

They go everywhere together....

Janis x x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
Rothers the house you are talking about is almost complete.  The oweners were there evey day painting and doing odds and ends to it, looked very nce

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »
You know, just posting those photos of Billy made me want to go back RIGHT NOW!! I got a "special offer" email from Thomson so followed the links for Kaloudis and it was more for one week than it cost us for two in May, so we'll just have to wait until May next year..... Billy and his family and staff are so, so lovely

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »
Couldn't agree more Janis. I just tried for the last week of the season, end of October. And they want £539 each for one week. When we went exactly then in 2007 it was about £150 each. Who do they think we are????

Phil

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
Jan if it helps (not sure it will) I posted a few pics of the garden at kaloudis here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=185849&id=829738399&l=9e1b9cf12f

john

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
Wow John what fantastic photos! I take photos of the gardens each year and none turn out like that!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »
The gardens are gorgeous, aren't they. Thanks for such lovely pictures.

Still, I'll be seeing them for real in two weeks.... (ratbag!)

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »
Phil you ratbag you...!!!!

The colours are fantastic - I think John and Nic have a better camera that us - we rely on a digital point and shoot (can't even remember the make) and photos during the day from my mobile phone

Janis x

PS - Would like to wish you and Jen an absolutely fabulous holiday x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
Just found it - it's a Casio Exilim 8.1 megapixels camera - I bought it for Barry when he retired two years ago x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 11:53:44 PM »
Janis luvver, short of not getting there, there is no way we won't have yet another fabulous holiday. But you know that from experience. Somehow the currency accident has now become folklore after you had such a wonderful time. But had it been the passports.....

We once had that within hours of leaving. The house went out of the window while we stressed out. But they turned up in the front of a broken bag, stashed away at the back of a cupboard. We had replaced it in Ina's the previous year, and the last thing you think of when you get back is putting the passports away safely. We always do things a bit ahead of time now. Couldn't go through that again. We knew exactly how you felt that day....

love
Phil

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 02:12:50 AM »
Hope you have a great time Phil. Jan the camera is a pentax digital slr but it is only 6mp, the differences between it and your casio are that the sensor in mine is bigger, even though their are fewer pixels so it gives less "noise" and because pentax are still making their cameras backward compatible I can use my old 1970/80's lenses which were beautifully made. The lense I used for the close up's was in a cupboard for 10 years or more before it travelled to arillas this summer, and I haven't done any close up for 20 years, so it was guess work really. Billy the kid said he'd thought of setting up some kind of kaloudis fans page, so I took these for that, not sure if he'll go through with it though.
I have a few other arillas pics from this year that I will post on the addicts page, though most of my pics are of my naked wife on the beach, and I doubt she'll want those on the net!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »
A page on Facebook for Kaloudis Village fans would be good, various other establishments have their own pages - I just join them all! lol ! !

I don't understand about different cameras - sorry - but whatever you're doing it#s working!  Keep up the good work!

Oh Phil - your passports being lost/misplaced is an entirely different problem! Wow you must have been so worried - glad it got sorted....

Janis x

Booking.com