Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Debie

Car hire
« on: June 30, 2005, 02:41:49 PM »
Hi everybody

Where is the best (ie cheapest!) car hire?  Can anyone recommend their fave?

I am thinking of hiring a car for a day, proabably the second day I am there.  To go stock up on bottles of water and essentials, and then will go explore the area (so much quicker than by foot) and neighbouring villages and beaches, just to get my bearings.  Then will probably hire a car for a few days the following week to go have a look further afield.

Anyone got any tips?

You are all so great - thank you!  Reading all your comments (especially about travelling on my own) has helped me get SO excited for my holiday.

Roll on Monday!  Ooh, can't wait.

Debie x

Offline aftermidnight

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Car hire
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »
HI Debie.
              About your car hire,I surgest you try Arillas car hire which is just up from my fav place the COCONUT BAR :D They also do safe deposit boxes [money,passport,etc.]Have a nice time[you will] and say a big HELLO to Perry,Kostos& hanna at the Coconut from Wendy&Malcolm there Newcastle Cousins .If you go in :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :P

AFTERMIDNIGHT. :lol:

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Car hire
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »
Sally and i always use Arillas car hire (see other posts)and cannot fault them,the Fiat Punto's are a good bargin.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Car hire
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 05:49:19 PM »
Yip Harold, i'll agree with that. :lol:

good cars at a reasonable price, I had a punto and it had a/c and a cd player. :D

have had a car from san stephanos car hire as well before, but didn't think they were as good as arillas car hire!!! :wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Car Hire
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 07:42:43 PM »
We usually hire through Arillas Travel but you could also check the rates at Arkokal Travel. ( Next to Vassilas's Supermarket ) I looked there when I was over in June and the prices were very competitive.
I don't think that any fully comp insurance over there covers tyre/wheel damage, exhaust or windscreen damage though. Unless someone knows different!!!!
Negg

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Car hire
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »
Hi Debie
   I also will agree with Harold & Negg, we have always used Arillas car hire twice a year and touch wood never had any problems, as we all know cheapest is not always best !!!  Anna, Kostas & sons who  run it are always at hand if you need help, they also own 'Anna's studios'.
But like all the people in Arillas ,you can't go wrong who ever you choose,its not like the larger resorts where they never know you.
Have a nice holiday, which I've just read the last line and it looks like you've gone today???????????.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com