Author Topic: Arillas - Cash machine?  (Read 12832 times)

Offline John

Arillas - Cash machine?
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:27:18 AM »
:?: Ya-soo Dimitris,

We are coming back to Corfu this summer and have booked at the Mathraki apartments in Arillas. We were in Melitsa last August and felt really welcomed by the friendliness of all the people who live in Corfu. I put on loads of weight from the wonderful food, wine, bread and olives.

I know that there are some cash machines in Sidari.
Is there a cash machine in Arillas or a money exchange. Or is there one in Magouladhes?

I need to plan whether I need to bring travellers cheques or just my bank cash cards and credit cards.

Thanks.
John & Caroline

Jowissett2003

Cash Machines
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 01:49:10 PM »
My family and I will be coming back to Arillas for the 7th year in July and when we have previously run out of money we have always had to go to Sidari unfortunatly.

We usually take travellers cheques as these can easily be exchanged in Arillas, but always end up overspending due to the gorgeous tavernas! (having three 'want-want-want' kids doesnt help either!!)

Goin to Sidari for a trip will also remind you how perfect Arillas really is as well!

vickyp

cash machines
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 11:26:15 PM »
ther is no cash machines in arillas your nearest ones are in sidari. You can take take travellers cheques and various places in arillas will cash them including the marina hotel.

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
exchange
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 11:27:23 AM »
If you go to Arillas travel opposit the coconut Bar they have a good exchange rate.I always take money and change it there

Samantha
Samantha McCoo  :-)

NORM&SANDY

cash in arillas
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 06:42:50 PM »
hi ya
       can agree with samantha about arillas travel good rates ,there is another good exchange place further into town near the cross roads also hires cars out,think his name is yanni,his the son of anna&costos owners of anna apartments,if im wrong im sure dimitri will put me right.
                                efharisto
                                                 norm

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
cash machine
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 06:47:06 PM »
Yassou John

I agree with the others above, your best taking travellers cheques &cash in euros and sterling if you want, we do, cash point machines usually carry aheavy charge?
and Norm is right about the best place to exchange is at Arillas rent a cars place ,they also have security boxes there aswell, but the sons name is Theo but he will be away in the army this year,but his mum Anna or Kostas will be there to help, and they are the owners  of "Annas studios" just up the hill from Mathraki studios on right.
we will be out in arillas with Norm end of May/June.

Paul/Deb5

jollyjac1

Travellers Cheques
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 02:16:30 AM »
Hi Everyone

Can you tell me what the best type of travellers cheques to take, sterling or euros.

bye for now

jackie

thanks

Maggie1

Arillas - Cash machine?
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 08:54:50 PM »
We took euro cheques and our friends took sterling cheques. It didn't seem to make any difference getting them cashed, I think the difference is that with sterling, you get them changed at that days rate, and with euros you get the value of the cheque. I hope that makes sense. :?  Remember also there is commission taken off at the time. Enjoy your holiday. Maggie.  :D

jollyjac1

Travellers Cheques
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 10:28:08 PM »
To Maggie

Thanks very much for your reply. I'll have a think about it and then decided what ones to take.

It's all just so confusing what to take as i haven't been abroad for about 10 years and feel out of touch :?

Thanks again for your advice.

Hope you had a good holiday

take care

Jackie

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas - Cash machine?
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Hi brigit. Crazy is the word. But many of us are affected. Jen and me are busy finding out about travellers cheques for our homecoming to Arillas in July.

Do you keep a diary?? It might make a blockbuster film one day....

Phil

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arillas - Cash machine?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »
LOL Phil!!

Booking.com