Author Topic: Pizzeria  (Read 17611 times)

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Pizzeria
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
We had two great holidays in Arillas and had some fabulous Greek food there. Maybe it is because I love Greek food and can't eat it locally whereas I can get a pizza any time I want at home, but I don't see the point of going to a Greek island and eating Italian food. So the news about a pizzaria opening in Arillas doesn't fill me with joy.

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 11:03:52 PM »
Holly, I might be the only one here, but I totally agree with you:
Why on earth go to Greece and ask for Italian food??!!
I enjoy everything local wherever I go and Greek food is the best
that I've ever tasted, tzatziki, salads, stifado, seafood etc. etc.

Connie x

PS.
Having had a teenager once, I've had all the pizzas I could ever cope with.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »
Sunflower and Holly, you are not alone. We just ate chicken cooked with flavours only the Greeks understand. The pizza does nothing for me. I may be hung up to dry for saying so, but when locally grown tomatoes, locally caught fish are on offer who would want a pizza? Tomorrow Jen and me will be spoilt for choice as to what local food we will eat. But everyone deserves to choose. We are not being food snobs, but we adore Greek food.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
phil
hows the bouredetto ,,fish stew ,,if ive spelt it wrong ......yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:58 PM »
kev mate, I think Roula could cook a shoe and make it taste right. The Bourdetto was amazing. Like a woman, hot at first taste, then cool and satisfying. Then wham! How else can I say B****Y GORGEOUS!!

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
:D are you still talking about food Phil...?

Anyway, I think it is nice to have choice and each to their own :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
But everyone deserves to choose. We are not being food snobs, but we adore Greek food.

I agree with Phil, a Pizza is not my favourite meal, but that's what people want then why not. After all how many of us have had a "Greek" Sunday roast? I know I have and enjoyed it. In the end it all helps the local economy and that's no bad thing.

Paul

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »
Whoops cocked that up. Only the first line is a quote from Phil. Should hate to be putting words into Phils mouth.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »
I never eat pizza here, let alone in Arillas.....but I have to say it was a very useful and popular place when it was there. At the time my kids were teenagers and less adventurous with their food, and they often went in there while I went into Brouklis for proper food.
Sandy x

Offline dave mull

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
i think having the pizzeria back is  great more choice for everyone
i do prefer greek food to, but dont  tell me everyone from england eats fish and chips (in news paper) and roast beef dinner all the time

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
Good point Dave. Anything that helps the Arillas economy has to be a good thing, and its a great option if you cant be bothered going out and want to just chill on your balcony with a few beers. I remember them being fabulous. I love my greek food but I also love my full english breakfasts at captains! Wahey, brits abroad!!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
Sunflower and Holly, you are not alone. We just ate chicken cooked with flavours only the Greeks understand. The pizza does nothing for me. I may be hung up to dry for saying so, but when locally grown tomatoes, locally caught fish are on offer who would want a pizza? Tomorrow Jen and me will be spoilt for choice as to what local food we will eat. But everyone deserves to choose. We are not being food snobs, but we adore Greek food.

Phil

We agree about the Pizzeria, as we too come to Greece for the food but of course anyone who wants pizza can now have it....... but one thing Bill is looking forward to is trying the beers brewed in Arillas,from the micro brewery. I remember reading your post saying that your Jen enjoyed real ale so perhaps you could tell us who is serving draught or bottled real ale at the moment in Arillas as real ale is his favourite tipple. In saying that, the ONLY lager he likes is Mythos, he wouldn't touch the lager at home!!!      Looking forward to real Greek food and maybe some real Greek ale on the 26th     Val and Bill                             
The love affair continues.

Maggie

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »
well, it's lovely having fresh fruit & veg, and the greek dishes are good in any restaurant in Arillas, but we like something different occasionally. (and we don't get to eat out every night).

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
I also prefer the fresh Greek cooking, but one night of pizza in a fortnight is not a bad thing .....  especially for a vegetarian ...... yammas,

lynn xx

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
We had a pizza in St Stephanos last year, it was a nice change.

John

Booking.com