Author Topic: Pizzeria  (Read 17603 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Pizzeria
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »
I feel it is worth mentioning that its not like the fast food takeaways that line every British town centre, its really tasteful and in keeping with the village with a traditional clay oven for cooking the pizza's. not a neon light in sight! ( well thats how it used to be)

Is it actually open then? I think it will do Arillas the world of good to have those two establishments up and running again as with Irini's art shop having closed that end of the village would have looked very sorry for itself. I wonder if there are any plans to open the (shock horror) disco within Whispers?!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
We love the local Greek food and I love cooking at home. BUT if I was washed ashore on a desert island and there was a crate next to me I would pray it was either an inflatable boat with outboard or full of pepperoni pizza's. The pizza place was coming along a treat as we left and it gives cash strapped holiday makers a good takeaway option for all the family. Sometimes eating out every night can be a bit much. We had one pizza night during the 2 weeks and that was Ammos. Lovely.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »
We had pizza one night courtesy of Poppy because Colin put his back out just before our planned evening out, and he couldn't move from the bed to begin with.  The lovely Bobby even brought it up to our room when it was ready.  Bring the plates back tomorrow, pay at some stage...  What a lovely family, what more could you ask for?

lynn xx

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
I wonder if there are any plans to open the (shock horror) disco within Whispers?!

I hope so Jo.  In its hayday, it was a great place for the 'older' kids, and very pleasant for others to sit and wait for a table at the Brouklis when you'd forgotten to book in advance!! lol.

Anne

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
Yes Anne I remember it will.  We have pictures of our (now 15) 2 year old grooving on the dancefloor!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 06:55:43 PM »
The final preparations seem in place. It wasn't open last night but might be tonight. It looks great, and if I'd had enough legs to take a picture, I would have posted it. Maybe next week....

Watched Thalassa pizza being served to a Greek family today. It had me drooling, so smothered in great food. When I posted earlier I had a vision very different from that.

And Dimitris has told me I'm now required for compulsory training from 2011 to 3012. All of it in Arillas.   

Dream on Phil....

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
Well, there you go Phil, do as you`re told. Keep training hard, and eating all in sight.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »
It was open before we came back. A good looking front, and it was packed. Probably the novelty, but judging by the pizza we ate, it will do really well generally. We had their "special" and it was gorgeous.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
That was quick work Phi.l
When we left you on the Monday they were still working on it.
EXPRESS DELIVERY ?

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
That looks great!  As I mentioned before I am not a lover of pizza but I can eat a bowl of pasta anytime especially if its authentic Italian.    Great place for a change for the kids too - most kids like pizza or pasta.  Nice to see that the space is being used.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »

with Irini's art shop having closed that end of the village would have looked very sorry for itself. I wonder if there are any plans to open the (shock horror) disco within Whispers?!

that's a shame, my wife and daughter had a some nice necklaces from her last year

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
A very interesting link from Google Alert today, and even more so because I emailed the photographer this afternoon (before I saw this link) to ask permission to post some of his photos on the forum.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=52803

Some stunning photographs here and the best one of the jetty ever..........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarde_1/with/4879476294/

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
This might seem a silly question but do they offer anything other than pizza as i am not a lover of it.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »
Wow, what stunning pics.  Tried to set them on as my background but they were protected.  Gorgeous. Thanks for the link Terry.

Maggie

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »
We had pizza on Saturday. It was excellent! They also do pasta dishes, and you can mix 1/2 pizza with 1/2 pasta too.

We had ours to carry out.

Booking.com