Author Topic: Kokinos Apartments anyone?  (Read 11941 times)

Offline julie-1402

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Kokinos Apartments anyone?
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »
Hello!  I'm visiting Arillas for the first time on 13th August and I am staying in the Kokinos Apartments, I have looked through the forum and can only find old posts about the apartments.  I was wondering if anyone has any new information/reviews on them please.

Just to add I look through the forum regularly and it just makes the wait to visit Arillas even harder!!!!

Would appreciate any info anyone has,

Thanks

Julie

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Kokinos Apartments anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:12 AM »
Hello Julie and welcome to the forum :)

I am sure before long someone can give you more up to date information about Kokkinos. I have only ever walked past so I cannot possibly tell you more.
Life is good ;)

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
We have met people this week who are staying in them.  They seem perfectly happy with them.  They are in a quiet position but quite convenient for the beach and tavernas. They do not have a pool but you are welcome to use any of the many pools around ( just be sure to buy a drink or snack).  Do come well prepared for mossies!!

Dorothy

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:45:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies! 

Its a bit more reassuring that people who are staying there are happy with the apartments.

Mossies! That's what I have been most worried about as I have been various different things about them....  I have bought some Jungle Formula but don't know what else to buy really.  Any suggestions of tried and tested things would be great.

Julie

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
Hello Julie,

Jungle Formula is tried and tested for me and with a careful application no bites :). I always buy a plug in mossie repellent as well to the room just to be on the safe side.

Life is good ;)

Offline Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
We stayed there last year & are returning this year - 2 weeks today, we were in a studio, very basic but it had what we needed. You can rent a safety deposit box at Tria Adelphia - & use the pool & snack bar there.

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »
Glad to hear Jungle Formula works for you, hopefully it works for me too!! :)

@ Veteran - Good to know you liked apartments and will be returning this year, I am staying in studio too.  Could you tell me if there is air con in the studios?

Offline Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »
Julie,

No Air Con so far as I remember - but in all the years we've been going to Arillas we've never felt the need for it - I think you can hire fans in the resort tho'

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Just got back from 2 weeks in Arillas. We suffered from mozzie bites quite a bit in the first week, but with a bit of care, a plug in, jungle formula, autan and an aftersun spray that included insect repellent we were bite free for the last week. Air con does help and we also used a shower gel that was a strong lemon one. People say that the smell of lemon puts them off.

We did however see a few people who's lower legs were covered in bites. You just need to remember the exposed parts at night. We did and by the end our first week bites had healed up. Enjoy

Gary

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
Well since people have been saying how bad the mossies are I have since bought some more protection and plug ins.  Hopefully one of them will work for us and yeah think we will be covering up on a night time.

Cant wait for the 13th August :D :D

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »
Julie, start taking Vit B tablets 2 weeks before as well, it really helps x

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »
Jo I will try that, thanks!

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
Hi Julie, I'm staying in Kokinos this week, until Monday. They are fine, basic but clean and quiet. The studios (downstairs) do have aircon which is 5 euros a day. If you want any more info let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »
ah that's great, thank you!  I'll get thinking of things that I wanted to know :)

Offline Beachlover

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Hi Julie
We have stayed at Kokinos four times in the last few years we have always had a great time there. We looking to book next weekend to go back in October, can i ask who you have booked with we cant seem to find them on the web

Have a great time
cheers
Beachlover

Booking.com