Author Topic: Renewal of vows - not Arillas but I know you guys can help advise :)  (Read 20565 times)

Offline sweetcheeks2k

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Hiya

We had a bit of a nightmare with our wedding in cyprus last oct and so we have a hol booked to Roda in Oct this year and had a good chat and would like to renew our vows. I contacted John Gulland at Holy Trinity in Corfu and he has advised marriage blessing would 300 euros and would ideally need to take place in corfu town. Cant take place on beach for privacy reasons.

I did ask re renewal of vows but am guessing they no longer offer this? As I know a couple of you renewed in Arillas at the cost of the transport of the person from the church conducting the ceremony.

We havent budgeted for this and so would like costs to be as small as possible and am not having photographer, make up and hair etc so very likely we cant afford the 300 euros as this is before we even get to the church via transport.

Anyone know if still possible to just renew vows?

Thanks again :)

x

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Renewal of vows - not Arillas but I know you guys can help advise :)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
Hi, all I can say is that when we did it last year, we had 'renewal of vows' ceremony, and just had to make a donation to the church. We used a minister from Holy Trinity. 

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
Hi Jo

I remember your advice the start of the year! I contacted John Gulland at Holy Trinity who is the Chaplain and he has advised they can do a tahnsgiving of marriage or a marriage blessing and that they dont tend to call them renewal of vows as the vows you take on your wedding day are for life. He has told me whichever of the 2 I have the fee is 300 euros.

Thanks for the reply :)

x

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »
Hi Sweetcheeks

If you are stuck for a location in October let me know.

Couldnt have that come between you and a happy memory!

Regards

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »
Ah I see.  Seems like I got in just-in-time!! We were in the same boat and couldn't afford much but I have to say it was the most special day you could imagine, despite the lack of funds!

I would even say it was more special than our wedding day as we had lived through many of the vows and understood the true meaning of what we had promised each other all those years ago.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »
And just because I'm feeling soppy....

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
Hi Sweetcheeks,
See the following link  http://www.san-stefano.gr/weddings.php It might be worth sending them email to ask your question.

Gorgeous photo Jo.

Sara..x

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
Ah Jo that is lovely! Our wedding day had a bit of an issue that was out of our control and that is why we want something special but may have to be next year! :)

Sara thanks for that, what are they able to advise me on?

Thanks again

x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »
I was thinking that maybe they could advise you about the possible 300 euros cost.

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
I have popped them an email. Thanks Sara.

x

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »
Hiya Sara

I contacted the link you gave but all I received back was a quote on a renewal of vows package. Lol

x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49:11 PM »
Hi Sweetcheeks,

That's a shame. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Sara.

Offline Grace06

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:49:18 PM »
I too would love some help with this I keep emailing people but getting no reply. I would love to renew our vows on Coru next year but I either get quoted really  prices or people don't get back to me. Some say it can't be done then others say there are differnt venus butthey are £1400+

I have even been told the only way to do it is have a civil service again which can't be right.

All I am wanting is a simple non religious service and to make our vows again for the 3 of u, have some pictures taken and have a meal after somewhere its more about the vows for me really

Please please someone help

Grace

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
Hi Grace

I have to say, thats exactly what we wanted and what we got.  We had the dream reception at Dionysos up at Afionas, I will put a pic up, and we basically said to the owner, this is the money we have please can you make it fit for x amount of guests and he certainly did.  The ceremony was arranged via email with the minister from Holy Trinity church in Corfu town.  (holytrin@otenet.gr) We met up with him at Dionysos a few days before the ceremony and went through the vows, basically repeating your original (and any extra things you wanted to say).

We wanted the ceremony on the jetty in Arillas, which was just gorgeous, but never even thought about having to get permission? (whoops!).  As far as I know nobody complained!

Offline Grace06

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »
The ceremony was arranged via email with the minister from Holy Trinity church in Corfu town.  (holytrin@otenet.gr) We met up with him at Dionysos a few days before the ceremony and went through the vows, basically repeating your original (and any extra things you wanted to say).

We wanted the ceremony on the jetty in Arillas, which was just gorgeous, but never even thought about having to get permission? (whoops!).  As far as I know nobody complained!

Oh wow this sounds just what I want for us sounds stupid but it did nealy bring a tear to my eye. I found the website for the Holy Trininty Church and emailed them earlier I hope they get back to me quickly I just want to know as I'm planning it for as a surprise and I need to do things on the qt bit by bit lol do we need permission to hold it somewhere? By the way we are going to be staying in Kalami any ideas on where to have it round there?

Booking.com