Author Topic: Renewal of vows - not Arillas but I know you guys can help advise :)  (Read 20546 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Renewal of vows - not Arillas but I know you guys can help advise :)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 11:30:20 PM »
Hi Grace,

Contact Sophia who has experience of organising weddings...I'm sure she can also organise blessings... info@corfucarrentals.com 

Eileen.

Offline Grace06

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »
Well I too had a reply from the Holy Trininty Church quoting te 300 euros but now  I'm stuck for a private venue for the ceremony near Kalami? I would prefer not to have it in the church as we are not religious at all any way sorry I know this is an Arillas forum but you all seem so helpful

Grace x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
sorry I know this is an Arillas forum but you all seem so helpful

Grace x

Grace

The Forum consists of members who are always willing to help, whether it's Arillas or any subject. "Sorries" are not necessary here.

But.... I wish I could track down the Vicar who said I could renew my marriage licence every year or let it lapse,,,, - Only Joking - Honest!

Kevin G or Vivian are the two whose brains need to be picked for this topic as they both have had very good "Renewals in two different locations.

Be Well
Negg

Offline Grace06

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »
Right we I have decided if it has to be in the church then so be it lol but I need to sort out a photographer, flowers and cake any ideas where I can get these I just seem to be a bit stuck now ie people not getting back to me.

I am trying to sort it all out myself rather than paying a full package as were on a very tight budget its a secret shhhhhhhh lol

Grace x

Offline sweetcheeks2k

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
Hi Grace

Nice to hear someone else who wants to renew their vows. I am in the process of contacting Acharavi town hall to see if we can arrange a ceremony through them and maybe that can take place on the beach or even somewhere in the hotel as where we are staying have been very helpful and are prepared to accomodate what we need which is nice.

Even though we didnt want flowers etc someone recommended Lolla's photography and La Rose florist which are both in Acharavi.

Also a hairdresser that was recommended and that I have read of people using is a lady called Jackie her contact no is 0030 6974 912 913. She will come to where you are and apparantly she is a very busy lady! Lol.

I hope this all helps.

x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »
Hi Sweetcheeks did you not get my pm? Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 08:45:20 PM »
sweetcheeks
the e300 fee is only payable if you got married in a church in the 1st place,if a registry office ,then its a donation to the church..or noula at san steph travel ,also does wedding arrangements,,,the florist in sidari is the best ,,,yammas

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 01:26:53 AM »
Hiya

Viv I just got your message and have sent you a reply.

Kevin.g - thanks for the reply. I have spoke to the new chaplain at Holy Trinity and he has advised they only offer a Thanksgiving of marriage or a marriage blessing which are both 300 euros each. He said they dont do a renewal of vows as the vows are mean to be for life.

I advised we got married at ayia napa town hall and he has said a marriage blessing would be the ceremony we were after.

I have been on another few forums and it seems people are quite shocked at the cost to conduct the ceremony has shot up to 300 euros. I am now trying to get hold of Thinalion town hall as this is supposed to be the closest to roda and the mayor or registrar are able to conduct a renewal of vows ceremony so fingers crossed for that.

Thanks again for the reply

Shell

Offline Grace06

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »
hiya sweetcheeks,

the chaplain advised me the same as far as the service and fee are concerned and I've found out that the church isn't very nice so I've now come stuck again I'm hoping that's someone will email me back with regards to another venue. I managed to get hold of the florist I'm Corfu town who has given me a quote so that's done, how's things your side?

any ideas how to get hod of kassiopi town hall?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
I'm sorry darlings. Jen and me renew our vows every day we live. A few have watched it in Arillas. They call us love birds. We have done nearly 40 years together and we have no reason to renew anything.

Celebrating is another issue. Jen and I celebrate every time we think about Arillas. But we can do the boring bit listening to News 24 all night. Just think what you wake up to. Not too long now.

Sorry Dimitris, we will be your neghbours one day soon.

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Hi Grace

I am still waiting on the town hall in Thinalion to contact me back, not sure if this will happen or not though. Not too sure on Kassiopi town hall but I used this site to contact Corfu Town Hall and they then sent me the email address for Thinalion town hall..

Hope this helps.

Shell
x

Offline Grace06

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »
hi shell,

can you send me the info to contact Corfu town hall please and I will email them for information?

thanks
Grace x

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:51 PM »
Sorry I totally meant to add the link in my las post!! Here is the Kassiopi one I found

http://www.gtp.gr/TDirectoryDetails.asp?id=12683

x

Offline Grace06

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
Hiya Sweetcheeks,

I used the link to email them and it just returned my email :(

I have just had a read about the service that the Holy Trinity offer and there is loads of mention of god and thats what I don't want 

HELP anyone?

Grace xx

Offline sweetcheeks2k

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
Hi Grace

You could try contacting Corfu Town Hall. I have not received a response from Thinalion town hall so looks like the renewal wont be able to go ahead as we wanted. I have emailed corfu town hall to see if they can help anymore as I am not sure where to go next.

Hope you get things sorted at your end.

Shell
x

Booking.com