Author Topic: how do i ensure i get a room away fron the music at kaloudis village apmtns  (Read 10890 times)

Offline billybadger

Help.
                  I have just read all the reviews concerning the music noise at the kaloudis village apartments. I have booked two weeks there fron the 24th of September 2010.. Does anyone know the website so I can request a quite room as I am trying to heal after a close bereavement and definatley need quality sleep.

can you help
billybadger

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
billybadger I am so sorry that your visit is in such awful circumstances. Others who know Kaloudis better than we do will advise (get yer skates on forum....) but I can advise that joining in with the two Billys at Kaloudis will lift your spirits. Surely staying in quiet isolation is the obvious thing to do, but maybe not the right one. Arillas is a great healer as many will testify. Celebrate their life, and help yourself to move on. Use Arillas to do that.

With best wishes
Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Hi Billybadger, If you have booked a package from Thomson and by a travel agent  I am sure they would sort it out for you, if you have done it on line go on to thopson holidays and click contact. Im sure you will get it sorted. I liked the village very much but am one of those that sufferd noise pollution. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Hi Billybadger,

We have stayed at Kaloudis and it is not as bad as the reviews make out.

Enjoy your day have a few drinks and put the telly on when you get back, you won't even know.

But do your best to take Phils advice, what he is saying is the perfect soloution.

John

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
OK Billybadger - I feel I am pretty well qualified to answer this as I've stayed three times at Kaloudis and it is only two weeks today since I lost my lovely mum....

Yes, there is noise from the music, but it rarely goes on much beyond midnight/half twelve; however, the people at Kaloudis - Billy the owner and Billy the kid behind the bar are both so lovely I'm sure you will enjoy their company so much that you'll spend a lot of time with them and won't notice the music so much.  Billy (the owner)'s email address is: billithegreek@googlemail.com and if you explain your circumstances I'm sure he'll hep as much as he can.

We're arriving in Arillas on 27th but staying (for a change) at Horizon hotel; however, we've also booked yet again for next May at Kaloudis....!! Our bereavement has absolutely nothing to do with our going for Horizon rather than Kaloudis - we just decided to try going independent.

PLEASE don't worry about the music - you'll have such a good time at Kaloudis - most of Billy's guests return year after year

Many condolences for your loss
Janis x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Sorry - I should have specified - we're arriving on 27th September so may even see you there - have a super time - I know you will!
Even though we're staying at Horizon we'll be along to see both Billy's at Kaloudis as we think such a lot of them

Janis x

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
me and ann will be there from the17th till the 1 oct it will be visit number 3 for us to with had on trouble with the music you will injoy   

yammus                                                                                                                             

riggers

I echo Janis.....you may be lucky and get with Roula. Her studio/apts are a good distance away from the bar...so there is very little noise.....

WE  are going to Kaloudis for the 11th time in 20 days time....... just love it....

ENJOY...............i am sure you will.

riggers..

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that Arillas will help to ease what you're going through right now. Not to take away from what you're going through just now but it really is the most magical & restorative place in the world and I hope your time there is special.
BeckyB x :-)

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Hi, billybadger.  We stayed there  June 2009, arriving on a Monday.  We were met by Roula and given studio away from any noise, next door but one to riggers. I think it depends on what day you arrive, seeing either Roula or Billy.
It doesn`t hurt to ask, tho.....

Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
I get so confued b owns what at Kaloudis. When we went last September we were met by Chris who showed us to our room. It was number 25 in the same block as the little supermarket.
We didn't have any problem with noise at all during our two weeks. Mind you it took a few nights to get used to the rather hard matresses.
Gouing back next May same time as Janis.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
I'm so sorry for your loss - and please don't worry about your holiday in Arillas, it will be lovely.  Are you going through Thomson or have you booked independently? - and how many of you are in your party/each room?  We have stayed at Kaloudis 3 times and never found the music to be an issue. Yes, it's on and stays on until gone midnight but it's not thumping dance/house music or so loud you can't sleep.  The first 2 years we went through Thomson and were in Roula's studios (near the shop, with bedrooms facing the beach, away from the music) and this year we rented one of Roula's apartments - which are VERY peaceful.  Billy's apartments are right next to the bar.

If going through Thomson and there are 2 of you, give Thomson customer services a call and request a high floor studio. That way you are guaranteed to be in Roula's studios which are set back from the pool/bar and the music will cause minimal distruption.  If there are more in your party there is one larger apartment on the ground floor in the block where Roula's private rentals are so you could request that. 

If you've booked direct with Billy, then you can email him and see what he can do, but his rooms are nearer the bar anyway. If you've booked direct with Roula then her private rental apartments are very quiet.  Either way, you'll be fine - everyone there is so lovely that you will find yourself relaxing and having a great holiday.

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
billy
email roula on
vkaloudis@yahoo.com
Explain when you are going and what flight you are on and ask to be on her side by the shop away from the bar. I am sure she will do her very best.
Annie x

Booking.com